Any 5'6, 180-190lb Ladies out there? Or were you once??

Options
Thought it would be fun if I could connect to some people who are in the same boat as me in regards to height/weight/body type... maybe we'd be able to share all of our favoured weight loss methods that work for our bodytype!

Im 5'6, 190lbs (people don't believe me if I tell them I weigh that much, which may give some indication of my bodytype- personally I think that it's just because Ive figured out a good way to dress to cover it up lol) ... My whole life I've always carried any extra weight in my tummy, and I always had a big butt (even in my skinny days), and Ive always been small chested ... Since 20 or more pounds ago though, I started gaining elsewhere,, everywhere really- bigger boobs, big thighs, big arms, even my face ....

Does this sound familiar to anyone?! ... Id love to connect with someone who is going through the same situation as me or someone who was where I am and has had success in weight loss, so we can share ideas and help eachother out!

Replies

• texbam
    texbam Posts: 1
    Options
    I know how to hide my size too! I am 5'10' and 185lbs.. all hips and stomach yuck! Good luck on your goals! Today is my 1st day on here and I'm looking forward to getting back on track! My guilty pleasure is wine :tongue: ... the food guide helps so much!:smile:
  • TheMomm
    TheMomm Posts: 17
    Options
    I know how to hide my size too! I am 5'10' and 185lbs.. all hips and stomach yuck! Good luck on your goals! Today is my 1st day on here and I'm looking forward to getting back on track! My guilty pleasure is wine :tongue: ... the food guide helps so much!:smile:

Im going to send you a friend request, I just started (back) on here yesterday, ready to whip my big *kitten* into shape! LOL
  • TheMomm
    Options
    Oh, and also - wine is definitely one of my biggest weaknesses too! ... Especially now that the summer months are here!
  • booplus2002
    booplus2002 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Does 5'6" 201lbs count?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I think we're fairly similar. I'm 5'7 and was 190ish lbs at my highest weight. I gained mostly in my thighs, butt, and abdomen. But the last 10-20lbs was all over, the arms, the chest, the face, neck, etc. I'm a pear shape I guess, so never had a big chest, always had wide hips. Add me if you want, I've been here almost 2 years now and kept the weight off. :)
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and was 193, but now 180. I always held it in my hip/thighs so I looked thinner if I wore the right clothes. Once the nurse had me get on the scale twice and I know she thought it was wrong. Even if I look thinner, the weight is the weight and still unhealthy.
    I'm hoping when I go back to doctor's in July, I can tax the scale less. ; )
  • TheMomm
    Options
    Does 5'6" 201lbs count?

ABSOLUTELY! ... Im going to send you a friend request now :)
  • TheMomm
    Options
    I think we're fairly similar. I'm 5'7 and was 190ish lbs at my highest weight. I gained mostly in my thighs, butt, and abdomen. But the last 10-20lbs was all over, the arms, the chest, the face, neck, etc. I'm a pear shape I guess, so never had a big chest, always had wide hips. Add me if you want, I've been here almost 2 years now and kept the weight off. :)

WOW! You go girl, from what I can see, you look incredible!! ... I'd love to hear more about your weight loss story :)
  • heatherfearn7
    Options
    I am 5'6' and used to weight 209. I would love to have a few friends but don't know how to add peps
  • TheMomm
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and was 193, but now 180. I always held it in my hip/thighs so I looked thinner if I wore the right clothes. Once the nurse had me get on the scale twice and I know she thought it was wrong. Even if I look thinner, the weight is the weight and still unhealthy.
    I'm hoping when I go back to doctor's in July, I can tax the scale less. ; )

Exactly how I feel! ... Ive actually been in a similar situation with my dr too lol!
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I can relate! 5'5 200lbs here.. I got the big .. well everything going on right now.. :ohwell: send a friends request if you want. Love new friends!
  • TheMomm
    Options
    I am 5'6' and used to weight 209. I would love to have a few friends but don't know how to add peps

I will add you now :) ... Im just getting used to the site too, but to add someone- click on there photo and at the top of their profile page their is a button that says something along the lines of "Add Friend" ... I think the button is green :)
  • nrod1988
    nrod1988 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    im 5'7 my highest 178... so far lost 5 pounds
  • happyfrogg
    happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to be, and I'd love to be down there again! Currently sitting at 203 (down from 207), and I'm 5'6". My goal is 150, which is at the high end of the "healthy range," but like you I carry my weight well (when I weighed 160, I wanted to lose weight, and my friend said "from where?!"). Feel free to add me-- I'm getting my focus back and it'd be great to have some more pals on here!
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" (or 5'6" depending on how recent my last chiro adjustment was) and am presently 183.

I started out at 236, so I've managed to lose 54 lbs so far (about nine months). I'd *like* to get to 150 or a teeny bit less.

In the middle of tweaking calorie intake due to added activity up to about 1800 so I've been playing with the same two pounds for about a month.

I get sidetracked by various social events a lot, which screw up my eating habits. I'm still learning that "no thank you" is not really going to cause my partner's family to be offended. And if they are, it's not my problem. :)

=Betty=
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just joined today.....I never had a weight problem until after having kids, but seeing as my 'baby' has turned 11 it's time to get off this roller coaster and get the situation under control. Hoping friends will help with the tough times because only someone who's been through it can really understand :)
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and up to 210lbs
    I had never been this high, and never plan on it again The last 20lbs definitely sat in my arms and face more than normal, i usually carry right in my middle and my thighs I've always had large boobs though (D-DD)
  • ARock13
    ARock13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 174 pounds. Working on my new passion of running and living a healthy lifestyle!
  • 02oakleyb29
    02oakleyb29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started on this site on Jan 21, 2013 at 5'7 and 213...I am now at 178 (lost 35 lbs so far)...I have always held my weight in my stomach, thighs and hips. No one really knows where I started because I always held my weight well.

I can def. see my problem areas slimming down and even wore shorts to the gym the other day :)

Feel free to add me...I have lost all my weight just by exercising and counting calories...I like to see what others are doing to find success as well.
  • JacquiBieda
    JacquiBieda Posts: 21
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 190 lbs. My weight mostly sits in my butt, my stomach (alot!), and in my boobs. Like you and the ladies who've responded, I hold my weight "well" (or so I've been told). It's a weird experience when someone doesn't believe your weight because they think you're over-exaggerating.

I just started on here, but I already made some progress before I joined. I started as 230, and over the last 6 months I've managed to lose 40 lbs.