Aaahh!! My daughter wants a thigh gap!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. As silly as it sounds I really want a thigh gap. I'm super healthy and have a visible four pack but I can't seem to loose the fat off my thighs. Any practical advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

troll much?!
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Have her read this story.........Strong is the New Skinny!!!!!

http://sophieologie.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/strong-is-the-new-skinny/
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    b58b27ddc779f3c6a063b935aefd2152.jpg

So people come by the "gap" naturally, others would have to starve themselves to get it. I personally would rather have the beautiful body on the right :drinker:

yah... the one on the right. damn, now im aroused.

The picture on the right is the proper 'thigh gap." The left is not...too thin and not the "gap" that is in conversation these days.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Lol are you kidding a teenage that listens can't you remember when you were there, did you listen? My 10 yr old loves the tango look so much so that the other day while shopping disappeared then came back to me orange having found the make up aisle, if you find a way to make them listen let me know please ????
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I would probably just recommend putting her up for adoption.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Yup instant thigh gap:

Stand a little on tip toes.
    Turn knees in
    arch back a bit/stick butt out.
    BOOM thigh gap.

I tried this and I sharted. Any other suggestions?

On a different topic, how do you clean human feces out of silk curtains?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Now you know what to get her for Christmas.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your daughter is an up and coming Chivette. KCCO!
  • lacrirozi
    lacrirozi Posts: 7
    Options
    Girls in pics have a thigh gap because their photographers make them pose with their heels out/toes facing in (duck feet).

This too makes an instant thigh gap, along with sticking your butt out

Actually, I have a very small thigh gap (which you usually don't call a thigh gap, because it isn't very noticeable), and if I stand with my heels OR toes apart, my thighs touch.

Just keep telling her some people have wide hips. And remind her not to starve herself but exercise more instead (if she doesn't already know that). It usually starts with wanting a thigh gap, or no muffin top... then you want collar bones... then ribs... and before you know it, Ana has taken over you ;)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Did someone just post 14 year old thigh gap pictures.. in underwear?

Just cut the bottom off a can of Pringles and shove it between her legs. Insta gap.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    b58b27ddc779f3c6a063b935aefd2152.jpg

So people come by the "gap" naturally, others would have to starve themselves to get it. I personally would rather have the beautiful body on the right :drinker:

The one on the right is HOT. My ex used to call that little triangle the happest place in the world. lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The one on the right is HOT. My ex used to call that little triangle the happest place in the world. lol
    Personally I think he's about 2 inches too far south.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    so much hate and stupidity in this thread. You are concerned about this kids body image, yet you are all hating on women who naturally have thigh gap. Such hypocrites.

oh and women can have thick legs and a big butt and still have thigh gap btw.

I agree with you. I have a thigh gap. And I'm not super thin. And I'm pretty healthy, although I eat a lot ( around 2000-2300 calories a day)
  • CalypsoNi
    CalypsoNi Posts: 44
    Options
    Having a thigh gap on a frame bigger than pretty much tiny(Like asians) is a bit.. ew. Stick figure legs don't really look good on anybody unless you have a tiny frame.
    Women were meant to have curves, nut be straight up and down like a board.
    No offense to any ladies who are naturally less curvy of course! D=
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    To each their own. Thigh gaps are hot.

Disclaimer: On 18 years old + ;)
  • sam85brent
    sam85brent Posts: 137
    Options
    tell her to just open her legs wider?

## oops, didn't see the '14 year old' bit ##
  • MalinIsabelle
    Options
    I have a thigh gap and never thought much about it until I moved to France and my bf at the time laughed and said it was cute that my legs do not touch. When I was confused and told him that's the norm he said it's not.

Since I'm on this site I'm obviously not too thin or starving myself. Being from Sweden, I'd say it's more common than not, to have a thigh gap. As others stated in this thread I would explain to your daughter that there are only 2 ways to have a thigh gap, one is genetics and the other is starvation.

I wish people would differentiate the two because I do not think "I look gross", I do not think any of my friends look gross. Girls with thigh gaps who get it from starvation look horrible, those of us who have it genetically can be well fit and still do not have thighs that tough. It's bone structure, so please don't lump us all together and disparage something we cannot help :)
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Intriguing.
  • hammersoaps
    Options
    Just looked up "thigh gap" on tumblr. It gave me a little pop up box saying "If you or someone you know is dealing with an eating disorder, self harm issues, or suicidal thoughts, please visit our Counseling & Prevention Resources page for a list of services that may be able to help". I think tumblr thinks I have an ED now. Whoops.