'don't-count' treats...

trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
does anyone else do this? I don't eat back excercise calories but if I burn over 500 I let myself have one 'it doesn't have to go in the log' treat, like a cookie or an extra glass of wine or something because I know my defecit is still there. Kinda cheating without cheating.

Anyway it kinda works as an incentive for me to have decent workout sessions :)

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    I've never logged exercise or my disgustingly regular and copious alcohol intake and my daily spoon or two of ice cream never makes it to the log.

Somehow it all seems to work out OK ... :)
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    sorry no

reason being it will be easier for me to maintain if I know what is coming in and out of my body
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    I used to, but now I'm very self-consious of my body and what I eat...Except the acohol.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    does anyone else do this? I don't eat back excercise calories but if I burn over 500 I let myself have one 'it doesn't have to go in the log' treat, like a cookie or an extra glass of wine or something because I know my defecit is still there. Kinda cheating without cheating.

Anyway it kinda works as an incentive for me to have decent workout sessions :)
    No.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    nope.
    Because when I review my reports.....to see 'how I did last month', the reports are then meaningless.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports

I spend alot of time and energy logging in MFP, so for me, it's important that it shows the whole picture. an accurate picture.
  • trudijoy
    nope.
    Because when I review my reports.....to see 'how I did last month', the reports are then meaningless.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports

I spend alot of time and energy logging in MFP, so for me, it's important that it shows the whole picture. an accurate picture.

i logged everything religiously for 3 months and i've lost 15 kg so if I burn big I feel like it's okay. oh well, each to their own :)
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Nope. I use exercise calories as flexibility, rather than eating them back, because I do low impact exercise and don't burn very many. However, I do log every treat I have, regardless.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I used to, but now I'm very self-consious of my body and what I eat...Except the acohol.

I want to hug you can you add me as a friend!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I suffer from OCD and if I don't log it i feel like I'm cheating myself and it drives me nuts! Ugh so I log every lil thing
  • trudijoy

I'm concious of things it's just..

ah you know what? forget it. the people who do see it will probably not post here now anyway :laugh:

forget i asked :)
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Log everything because if you stall you may find your not eating enough e.g. if you eat one 100cal cookie and burn more
    than 500 cal your body may not like it and like the others said you have nothing to look back on to see where the problem could be
    I've found it a massive help
    xx
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    OP - I totally get where you're coming from, and I do this occasionally myself. In fact, I did it last night with a cookie and two chunks of dark chocolate. :smile:
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    I log absolutely everything (a tiny bit OCD) and eat back most of my exercise calories (and still am losing weight) the reason I put on weight/hit a plateau previously is because I was working out and having too many treats because I thought I'd earn't it.
    Just by changing my treats and using extra the calories to make really healthy meals to ensure my body was/is fuelled efficiently I lost 3.5lb in two weeks!
    When I say changing my treats I mean having dark chocolate, peanut butter, frozen yoghurt, oaty home made cookies and granola and yoghurt over cake, sugar laden cookies, chocolate bars, dipping my spoon in nutella..(oh boy I miss that nutella!)
    If your 80% healthy you can afford to be 20% naughty! :)
    Whatever you do don't get down about it all..keep smiling :)
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    You arent alone, I dont either. I am aware of what I eat so I know internally whether or not its something I can have. I burn up to 1,000 cals some days per my heart monitor so for me if I eat a snickers oh well, I subtract that from my burned and keep it moving. It really is to each his own, dont feel bad. I applaud those who log everything, this just seems to work for me. :-)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    If you have a lot of weight to lose then being super accurate doesn't matter as much. You will be fine not entering stuff when you workout. Though once you get closer to ideal weight range, not entering stuff will make your logging some what pointless.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I try not too. I just want to have the best possible relationship with food as possible. Don't want to trick my brain into thinking I deserve a reward every time it does something it's supposed to do. Ya kno?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    OP I do what you do FREQUENTLY!! I exercise loads and end up completing my diary leaving a few hundred excess cals....!butttt as the evening wears on thats when I enjoy a wee treat (on top of the other treats that my diary DOES show!) and I know its ok cos I'm still under!!
    is it cheating? maybe but at the end of the day the most important thing is not going over our allowance and for me its rare that I do :)

At the end of the day we still get results :-D
  • trudijoy
    You arent alone, I dont either. I am aware of what I eat so I know internally whether or not its something I can have. I burn up to 1,000 cals some days per my heart monitor so for me if I eat a snickers oh well, I subtract that from my burned and keep it moving. It really is to each his own, dont feel bad. I applaud those who log everything, this just seems to work for me. :-)

this is it. i burned 1014 today when i hadn't wanted to go to the gym but made myself. I had ONE cookie that i didn't count. and now this bunch are like óh MFP won't work for you now'.

Tell that to my 15kg smaller body and see what it says. I logged religiously for ages. I started doing this when I started working out. It's a small treat occasionally. I'm not a binge eater.

Some people need to actually read things properly and not throw stones!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    on days I walk from my couch to my air-conditioned car in my garage, I don't count the gallon of ice cream I eat. I earned it!
  • trudijoy
    OP I do what you do FREQUENTLY!! I exercise loads and end up completing my diary leaving a few hundred excess cals....!butttt as the evening wears on thats when I enjoy a wee treat (on top of the other treats that my diary DOES show!) and I know its ok cos I'm still under!!
    is it cheating? maybe but at the end of the day the most important thing is not going over our allowance and for me its rare that I do :)

At the end of the day we still get results :-D

mmhmmm. I don't have cheat days, or even cheat meals, because I'm serious about being more healthy. Loads of people have cheat days and theres a thread on the forum atm about a chick who wants to eat 5000 cal in one day.

I don't have unlogged food on non workout days, or days when my workout is under 500. This was meant to be a lighthearted thread and now i'm pissed off lol