please read not weight related but very important

Options
Scary..

Read this and then clik the snopes link for more info and a video!

Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be laying in your yards etc.

Good safety info that I never heard of; be careful and watch the video if you don't believe it.

Pay attention to this.

1. a plastic bottle with a cap.

2. a little Drano.

3. a little water.

4. a small piece of foil.

5. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!

6. No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc..

People are finding these bombs in mailboxes and in their yards, just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the trash. But, you'll never make it!!! It takes about 30 seconds to blow after you move the thing.

See "SNOPES" below....it's true. This happened a few days ago...April 27, 2010 as a matter of fact. Watch the video to see how quick it can explode.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp

Replies

• TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm already paranoid about EVERYTHING. I'm glad there is one more thing to look out for! ;o)

People are such sick, idiots. I'll never get over people WANTING to injur other people.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My brother and his friends used to make bombs (just for fun - not to harm anyone) like this but with mouth wash instead of pipe cleaner.
  • Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    We used toilet cleaner instead of Drano when we were kids! Wow...can't believe people are doing it maliciously rather than as a nifty science experiment.
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I don't understand how there is so much hate in the world. I don't know what anyone could do to someone else for someone to blow them up. Yes I dislike people but I could never harm them. I am not trying to make people upset just wanted yall to be aware of it. I work at a police department and our chief sent us an email about it.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It's a sick world
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just last week 2 boys at my daughter's school were badly injured while setting one of these sorts of things up - one had to have his foot amputated and the other lost his sight.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/gatton-home-made-bomb-may-cost-boys-their-feet/story-e6frfku0-1225867605278

This is just too close to home. Thanks for the heads up.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this.