no results from Brazil Butt LIft

Options
I'm a pear so I'm blessed with wide hips and huge thighs. I'm not overweight, I have a pretty low-ish BMI (20,5) but trust me: I still look chubby. I used to diet but I seem to lose all the fat from the chest and the shoulders. So now I have this teeage boy chest (with no boobs, just like an anorexic model) and a fat bottom half. I know I "cannot spot reduce" but I think I have to lose a bit of weight more before starting to see my thighs shrink. And I just want to lose this stubborn fat with workouts, and staying low with calories, obviously, without strictly dieting.
So I found the brazil butt lift program, by beachbody. I did follow the plan, I never ever shifted a day. My butt seems a bit higher, I actually have no saddlebags anymore, almost no muffin top. I'm starting to see my obliques abs and the tummy looks more toned (I use to have no fat on my belly by nature, though). But I didn't shrink my bottom half as I expected! Measurements are the same on the whole body! And my thighs look even bulkier (I used to have a thigh gap before starting this program... -and I'm not even skinny, I just have wide hips-).
My questions are: why did I have no results at all?
And: the best way to get rid of thigh fat? I don't want to tone it up, I want to slim these babies down. I want to lose all the fat before toning up what I have.
Oh, don't tell me to embrace my thunder thighs. I used to have slimmer thighs in the past (4 years ago, not so long ago), so I'm not born this way. And I'm really frustrated. I want a slimmer body, I hate being all this chubby despite all my efforts to get skinny.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    could it be that you built muscle in a place that you are already muscular, which resulted in no visible difference? though you stated you did see some differences, and so it did 'work' - just not in the area that you wanted it to. You can't spot reduce by the way. and that, my friend, is why it didn't 'work' in your opinion. :)
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You've said it yourself, you cant spot reduce.

I'd like to see a pic though.
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options

My butt seems a bit higher, I actually have no saddlebags anymore, almost no muffin top. I'm starting to see my obliques abs and the tummy looks more toned (I use to have no fat on my belly by nature, though).

It sounds like you got results, but not the ones on the cover of the DVD. That is good progress! Keep going!
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My butt seems a bit higher, I actually have no saddlebags anymore, almost no muffin top. I'm starting to see my obliques abs and the tummy looks more toned (I use to have no fat on my belly by nature, though). But I didn't shrink my bottom half as I expected! Measurements are the same on the whole body! And my thighs look even bulkier (I used to have a thigh gap before starting this program... -and I'm not even skinny, I just have wide hips-)..

That doesn't sound like no results to me! Ok so your measurements didn't change but it seems that your body has changed. Why don't you do the program again, perhaps one time wasn't enough for the results you're looking for. Maybe add in some squats and lunges. I have the same problem as you and honestly nothing shrinks my thighs except losing weight. I'm 5'6" and even at 112lbs my thighs were still too large for my liking. Your body will always be the same proportions you don't like they'll just either be smaller or bigger. Replacing fat with muscle does help them look better though.

Edited for typos
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options

My butt seems a bit higher, I actually have no saddlebags anymore, almost no muffin top. I'm starting to see my obliques abs and the tummy looks more toned (I use to have no fat on my belly by nature, though).

It sounds like you got results, but not the ones on the cover of the DVD. That is good progress! Keep going!

Lol my thoughts exactly
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options
    could it be that you built muscle in a place that you are already muscular, which resulted in no visible difference? though you stated you did see some differences, and so it did 'work' - just not in the area that you wanted it to. You can't spot reduce by the way. and that, my friend, is why it didn't 'work' in your opinion. :)
    maybe yes. But I wanted to lose a few inches, one inch, just... something!
    You've said it yourself, you cant spot reduce.

I'd like to see a pic though.
    pic is coming! :)
    QUOTE:

this is true... But I was expecting to lose inches (centimeters, since I'm italian. LOL).
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options
    My butt seems a bit higher, I actually have no saddlebags anymore, almost no muffin top. I'm starting to see my obliques abs and the tummy looks more toned (I use to have no fat on my belly by nature, though). But I didn't shrink my bottom half as I expected! Measurements are the same on the whole body! And my thighs look even bulkier (I used to have a thigh gap before starting this program... -and I'm not even skinny, I just have wide hips-)..

That doesn't sound like no results to me! Ok so your measurements didn't change but it seems that your body has changed. Why don't you do the program again, perhaps one time wasn't enough for the results you're looking for. Maybe add in some squats and lunges. I have the same problem as you and honestly nothing shrinks my thighs except losing weight. I'm 5'6" and even at 112lbs my thighs were still too large for my liking. Your body will always be the same proportions you don't like they'll just either be smaller or bigger. Replacing fat with muscle does help them look better though.

Edited for typos
    yep, I want to lose some weight more but slowly. If I strictly diet, I shrink my upper half only. So I'm looking for a weight loss program, combined with clean eating. Any suggestions?
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear so I'm blessed with wide hips and huge thighs. I'm not overweight, I have a pretty low-ish BMI (20,5) but trust me: I still look chubby. I used to diet but I seem to lose all the fat from the chest and the shoulders. So now I have this teeage boy chest (with no boobs, just like an anorexic model) and a fat bottom half. I know I "cannot spot reduce" but I think I have to lose a bit of weight more before starting to see my thighs shrink. And I just want to lose this stubborn fat with workouts, and staying low with calories, obviously, without strictly dieting.
    So I found the brazil butt lift program, by beachbody. I did follow the plan, I never ever shifted a day. My butt seems a bit higher, I actually have no saddlebags anymore, almost no muffin top. I'm starting to see my obliques abs and the tummy looks more toned (I use to have no fat on my belly by nature, though). But I didn't shrink my bottom half as I expected! Measurements are the same on the whole body! And my thighs look even bulkier (I used to have a thigh gap before starting this program... -and I'm not even skinny, I just have wide hips-).
    And: the best way to get rid of thigh fat? I don't want to tone it up, I want to slim these babies down. I want to lose all the fat before toning up what I have.
    Oh, don't tell me to embrace my thunder thighs. I used to have slimmer thighs in the past (4 years ago, not so long ago), so I'm not born this way. And I'm really frustrated. I want a slimmer body, I hate being all this chubby despite all my efforts to get skinny.

I don't think you have thunder thighs at a 20 bmi. That is not chubby either. It sounds like you have a smaller upper body which may make it seem like your lower body is bigger than it actually is. I am not sure how to help you but I think you need to be more accepting of your body.. Or maybe you should do more weight lifting. Running could help too.
  • chantelle0312
    chantelle0312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    um maybe try a supplement for your breasts i know i gained 6inches to my bust with pueraria mirifica im still chubby same as before but now an hourglass rather than a pear i was using the breastnexus forums for support and tips for that
    anyways now im hoping to loose more off my waist with diet hopefully keep my breast
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Do more cardio and don't be afraid of eating.
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options
    http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/ElinKirstinsdottir/media/09052013953_zps9beacddb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

here's the pic. It was a bit too show-y, sorry for the mod. And, oh, sorry for the pajama! :D
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    genetics.
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options
    um maybe try a supplement for your breasts i know i gained 6inches to my bust with pueraria mirifica im still chubby same as before but now an hourglass rather than a pear i was using the breastnexus forums for support and tips for that
    anyways now im hoping to loose more off my waist with diet hopefully keep my breast
    thanks for the tip, but I think it'll be harder to lose weight in your bottom half if you use extrogens! Just saying (I'm not a doctor)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Edited for typos

^^^^ this

(except I don't think my thighs are too big)
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options
    genetics.
    I know, but maybe losing weight can help... ??
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Sounds like you have seen results. You know, I have to share a conversation I had with my daughter a few years back. She was complaining about her thighs (as you put it, she inherited my teenage boy upper (no boobs)) I told her to be proud of those babies and keep them tone and tight - "... those are our curves". I need to tone mine, so the Brazil Butt Lift helped with toning? I may need to check into this. Congratulations on your results so far and enjoy the journey you are on at this time. :flowerforyou:
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options

I don't think you have thunder thighs at a 20 bmi. That is not chubby either. It sounds like you have a smaller upper body which may make it seem like your lower body is bigger than it actually is. I am not sure how to help you but I think you need to be more accepting of your body.. Or maybe you should do more weight lifting. Running could help too.
    could running help me to lose a bit of weight more? The problem is, I prefer doing cardio at home (dancing, dvds) rather than going outside and run!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    For pear shaped people it is important to keep the proportions. If you lift weights and concentrate on the chest, back and upper body, your lower body will not look so dominant.
    Many make the mistakes to train legs and butt harder than the other parts if those are their troubles zones. I have found, if you proportion your upper body to the lower one, the bigger thighs are not so much in your face, as if you lean out on the top only. For most pear shaped woman, legs just need longer to catch up to the rest of the body.
    The V-taper is a womans best friend in such cases. Belief me, I am a pear too, so I know what I am talking about!
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options
    Sounds like you have seen results. You know, I have to share a conversation I had with my daughter a few years back. She was complaining about her thighs (as you put it, she inherited my teenage boy upper (no boobs)) I told her to be proud of those babies and keep them tone and tight - "... those are our curves". I need to tone mine, so the Brazil Butt Lift helped with toning? I may need to check into this. Congratulations on your results so far and enjoy the journey you are on at this time. :flowerforyou:
    thank you!
    Try the BBL program, I think it's good anyway.
  • ElinKirstinsdottir
    Options
    For pear shaped people it is important to keep the proportions. If you lift weights and concentrate on the chest, back and upper body, your lower body will not look so dominant.
    Many make the mistakes to train legs and butt harder than the other parts if those are their troubles zones. I have found, if you proportion your upper body to the lower one, the bigger thighs are not so much in your face, as if you lean out on the top only. For most pear shaped woman, legs just need longer to catch up to the rest of the body.
    The V-taper is a womans best friend in such cases. Belief me, I am a pear too, so I know what I am talking about!
    I know, but I don't want to bulk up my upper body... I just want slim legs,.