how old were you when you got your first grey hair?

Options

Replies

• bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was 17 years old (Pretty soon I will be doing a blonde instead of red.)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    27. I am also a member of the "I got my first grey hair before my Mom did...Thanks DAD" club. Maybe it was law school's fault...
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    23. Got my first grey hair this year. At least I know now that my mane is going to be silver when I'm an old lady!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    First noticed my temples starting to dilute when I was 26.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    40. Exactly 6 months after adopting my youngest. Upon meeting her, I told my mother, "this is the one who will give me gray hair"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a zombie thread (thanks John), but I'll play.

I was 16. I have more gray now than my mother. My grandmother started early too. It seems that it skipped a generation. :ohwell:
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally blonde (NO pigment to speak of) - and I'm 48 yrs old; my daughter noticed white hairs on me about 2 years ago when I was driving her to a sporting event................of course she had to announce it at the top of her lungs in the Mom-Mobile (my van) -

'MOM - you have some WHITE HAIRS'!

I swear I nearly drove off the road!

Granted my eye-sight isn't what it used to be - but I couldn't see any white hairs..........!

Suffice it to say I get my low-lights and high-lights done more frequently now.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    At age 17, eleven years ago!

A friend in economics class my junior year leaned over and plucked it out. I was horrorstruck. But now I get them all the time, and can always find at least 10-20 at any given time, should I care enough to hunt them down.

I really don't mind them. I look forward to aging gracefully.
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't remember my age when I first noticed I had a grey hair. I haven't really had a lot of the years. Sadly, I have plenty that have started coming in fairly recently. Probably going to have to start chemically altering my hair for the first time in many years which really pisses me off!!! Sorry, but I'm a low maintenance girl and still debating whether to do it or not.
  • karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    36 right in front where everyone can see them.
  • OnlyMissy
    OnlyMissy Posts: 122
    Options
    I was 18 >.<
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Early 20's. My grandmother found it, on the back of my head where you really couldn't see it. I've been dying it ever since. Course now (I'm 38) they are starting to show up in my bangs. :(
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    44, but thankfully I use Sun In to lighten my hair anyway so it kind of blends in. I only have maybe 20 now.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    early 20's:sad:
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    About 17 or 18 ... I'll be 50 this summer, not much "pepper" left in the salt & pepper mix!
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started going grey at 17. My brother just started to go grey and he's 33...lucky bugger!
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    33 and still no grey
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    17-18...
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    17 :-(