how old were you when you got your first grey hair?

Options

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    18 years old.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    This is a downer but I remember exactly when.
    I was 25 and 3 months pregnant and lost the baby. Maybe it was grief, who knows, but all of the sudden I had like 50 of them.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    19, maybe earlier
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, none yet. My husband got his first grey hairs during boot camp. :laugh:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I think its funny how big of an age range has replied. Some people got their first one at 46, some at 12. Jeeze
  • FahadNaseem
    FahadNaseem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    14 years. I dye my hair now :(
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Birth

Better than being bald?? LOL

I was about 19 and it was just a stray hair here and there. Now I go every 3-4 weeks to get them touched up. And I'll keep doing that until I can't afford it anymore. I'd rather do that than be bald tho!

Screw you.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    29. And mine are white. Eat my shorts.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

and i dont ever plan on dying them gonna keep every last one of them i earned them
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    10. I'll be 31 next month but I look forward to my hair turning. The few I have are a beautiful silver color.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    30ish. currently 40 and i still don't have a lot but there'e enough for it to be noticeable, on the hair that is receding, also my hair is alot stiffer then it use to be

i'm doomed genetically speaking either way, my father is bald, my mother has a big balding spot and my older brother is almost there. and my cousin went grey at age 18 then bald by early 20's

certainly lifestyle has alot to do with it, i had a full head of hair and no grey hairs til i started working the fast paced high aggrivation jobs i've had the last 10yrs
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't recall exactly, but somewhere in my mid to late teens. Early grey hair runs in the family.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    early 21 or 22 it was in the back of head, girl cutting my hair pointed it out!!!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    30ish. currently 40 and i still don't have a lot but there'e enough for it to be noticeable, on the hair that is receding, also my hair is alot stiffer then it use to be

i'm doomed genetically speaking either way, my father is bald, my mother has a big balding spot and my older brother is almost there. and my cousin went grey at age 18 then bald by early 20's

certainly lifestyle has alot to do with it, i had a full head of hair and no grey hairs til i started working the fast paced high aggrivation jobs i've had the last 10yrs

Bald or grey on men can be sexy Paul.
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    Don't have any that I know of lol
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I found a straggler in my late 20's, but nothing really since.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    5th grade. By my junior year of college I was dyeing it. I have ever since (20 years later).
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    Was 16 when I noticed my first ones. Didn't bother me till the ones on my chest turned grey. But as long as they are turning grey and not turning lose I will be fine. Started to dye them but my wife doesn't want me to. Says she likes to run her fingers through them. I am 53 now and she is 21 years younger than I am.We have been together since she was 20 and have been married for 11 of those years so if she likes it than I'm certainly not going to worry about it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    20 -.- Just one though, haven't found any since.