how old were you when you got your first grey hair?

Options

Replies

• terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I was early 20's maybe 23-24
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I don't have any gray hair on my head, yet. Then again, since I'm balding they probably are just falling out. But, I get this random, stand-out little f*cker of an eyebrow hair once in a while. It won't be there for weeks but suddenly, as if overnight, BAM the little *kitten* grows to three times the size of my other eyebrow hairs and is gray. It just pops up out of nowhere overnight.
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    On my 40th birthday. Evil present.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    19:mad:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't have any yet. Hoping I got my grandmother's genes. She's 81 and doesn't have a single gray hair. And she's never dyed it because she thinks that's vain, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    27th birthday. Ugh. But then I started eating better and exercising better, reduced a lot of stress in my life and haven't seen one in about a year now.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Whew I thought I was one of the few that got them early. About 26 for me, after birth of 1st child. I now color every 8-10 weeks. :(
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    probably early 20s but now I'm rocking a white streak LOL....I'm 28.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    After my daughter was born... and I realized all the bad things I did would come back and haunt me, so about 22.
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Not sure...there have been a few questionable "is it REALLY blond or is that a gray hair" instances...so I just plucked them so I could take a closer look...each time it has been inconclusive...so I'm going with REALLY blond....
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    40 years from now...
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was about 15-16. At 30, I had a full head of grey. Thank goodness for hair color. It is hereditary for me. My mother was the same way.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I was 28 and working as an orthodontic assistant, putting braces on kids and adults. My hair is pretty light and my grey is pure white, so someday I will just be platinum.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    33, I got it this year.

I've always said that once I start to grey, I'm going redhead. I'm going to find out if they really are sassy!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I don't have grey, I have silver! Maahvaluss! :tongue:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 36-37 or so. I had a very stressful job at the time. I'm blonde, so nobody but me notices any gray.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    16 and by 30 it was complete and I was best friends with bottle blonde and then finally said screw it. I get more compliments on my natural hair than when it was colored from a bottle :laugh:
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I was around 42. Now I have lots, but I like them :smile:
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I noticed my first grey hair in my mid 20's. They really started coming in in my 40's. I'm 50 now and the grey is coming in at a much faster speed.

My hair color does not bother me in the least, in fact, I love it! I made a conscious decision early on that I would never color my hair and try to hide the grey. I get so many compliments from both men and women alike. Surprisingly, most of the compliments I receive are from young men in their 30's.

This pic was taken in July of last year and really shows how the greys are more prominent in the front. My husband calls the white streak on the left side my "feature". :happy:

IMG_0837_zpse9257e28.jpg