how old were you when you got your first grey hair?

Options

Replies

• kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and I have not had one yet. My hubby who is 32 has several in his beard and probably 6 or 7 on his head. :) He is ALWAYS looking through my hair for greys - while trying to play it off as just playing with my hair.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 19 to 21 and they are shock white and thicker than my other hairs. I now have like seven. They hang out together. If I get around fifteen more in that area I'll have the start of a nice Rogue-like streak (^_^)! I'm looking forward to it!

Rogue02.jpg
  • sparilis
    sparilis Posts: 4
    Options
    When I was 15, I found a few. I'm 49 now and very grey, but not completely (or so my stylist tells me when she dyes my roots). I found a couple on my 14-year-old daughters head a few months ago. My mother tells me she started going grey early as well.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 19 to 21 and they are shock white and thicker than my other hairs. I now have like seven. They hang out together. If I get around fifteen more in that area I'll have the start of a nice Rogue-like streak (^_^)! I'm looking forward to it!

Rogue02.jpg

Yep I've had the rouge streak going on just above my left ear since I was 14. I bypass the grey and head straight to the white.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I got my second one at 39.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    My best friend is my hairdresser and she promised me years ago I would NEVER see a grey hair! So far so good!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Showed up in my beard at 24. Likely would have been sooner but I went chrome dome at around 18 and you can't have grey hair where there is none.
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I have NO gray hairs..! But I'm about 40% white hair, and I was born with a streak of white hair towards the middle of my head. It was fine when I was little and had blonde hair - it didn't really show. And in high school my streak of white hair was pretty awesome. But now my hair just looks kind of weird and I'm thinking about dying it.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    30:sad:
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I found my first grey at 29
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    22 :sad:
  • TheWorstHorse
    TheWorstHorse Posts: 185
    Options
    sixteen. i was salt-and-pepper at twenty-five, mostly salt with those distinguished-looking fade-to-black sideburns at thirty and completely gray at forty. by fifty, completely white. the hair that is not on my head is on a different timeline but laying that out is assuredly TMI.

but hey, i still have hair. that counts for something, right?
  • rsandem
    rsandem Posts: 16 Member
    Options
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    28. I broke my ankle and noticed my first one a few weeks later. 3 years later and I have a few more, but no one except me notices.
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I may have been 59 or so. I'm 67 and still have primarily dark brown hair and don't touch it up yet.

photo2.jpg
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Idk, like 30 maybe? Too long ago to remember.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Around 24 years old. I'm now 51 and it's coming in at a good clip.

IMG_2407-001-Copy_zps7c54535e.jpg

:heart: :drinker:
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started getting mine around 30 ... and I've gotten just an absolute ton more in the last 4 years. But I don't mind. I'll joke about it with my wife, but, honestly, I like my gray. I think it's kind of neat looking. Gives my hair a certain kind of flair.

I started noticing white in my beard, though, last year. That, I hate. The white strands really stand out in my otherwise reddish/brown beard and the texture is very different. Ugh. And hunting them down and ripping them out is a nightmare.

Gray hair on my head = great :-D
    White hair in my beard = awful :-(