104 lbs lost and counting... (pics inside!)

Options
12346»

Replies

• ashleycball
    ashleycball Posts: 23
    Options
    AMAZING!! YOU LOOK GREAT! CONGRATS
  • salladhall
    salladhall Posts: 2
    Options
    I am so inspired by your post, and I needed it. My doctor told me I couldn't lose the 100lbs on my own, that I had to have bariatric surgery. I have other health issues, so I cant have any of that surgery. SCREW that old doctor, I have changed doctors. I am loosing weight by eating better and exercising as I can, I feel like I can do this. The key for me is to not look forward, just deal with today and know you have done your very best. I do look forward to getting the weight off and after I do, Im going back to see that doctor and tell him to never take away peoples hope. Your pics are a tell all about you and I love it. Congrats on how well you look and how far you have come. Take care and thanks for sharing.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    you look absolulty wonderul! and I love this line.......
    That smiling girl really believes she looks beautiful, instead of secretly wondering if she is.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty!
  • deborahmills22
    deborahmills22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congrats on your success.
  • dalisalove
    dalisalove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look lovely! I was wondering if you were following a 1200 calorie a day plan and how long it's taken you to go from 261 to your present weight? P.S. It must be amazing to sit down and be able to cross your legs! Oddly enough, that's one of my goals while I'm losing this weight.

Hi :D So first things first, yes I never imagined crossing my legs would be possible without getting tired of holding it together, so that's something haha. To answer your first question, when I first started way back in Jan 2012, my nutritionist suggested I eat at 1800 cal per day. I know this sounds like a lot, but my body as able to lose the weight still because my normal eating habits were soo out of whack. Now it varies. There are times where with my church I did a Daniel's fast (no meat, no dairy, no processed food) for 21 days, so my calorie intake would be a little lower than normal. But right after that I'd eat more to change my metabolism, so it'd burn more. Right now I eat anywhere from 1200-1600. But It depends on the day really, since I try to eat when I'm hungry, because unfortunately I am a bored eater. Also it took me 1 year and 4 months to lose 100lbs. I did it with a relatively slow manner, but this was more of a lifestyle change for me rather than a "lose weight quickly" thought process. I hope this helped you!
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Looooove the black and tan dress! :love: You look fantastic OP! Great job!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    thank you!! u made my day Beautiful!!
  • dalisalove
    dalisalove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by your post, and I needed it. My doctor told me I couldn't lose the 100lbs on my own, that I had to have bariatric surgery. I have other health issues, so I cant have any of that surgery. SCREW that old doctor, I have changed doctors. I am loosing weight by eating better and exercising as I can, I feel like I can do this. The key for me is to not look forward, just deal with today and know you have done your very best. I do look forward to getting the weight off and after I do, Im going back to see that doctor and tell him to never take away peoples hope. Your pics are a tell all about you and I love it. Congrats on how well you look and how far you have come. Take care and thanks for sharing.

That's great of you :D Never let other people define your limitations. As long as you believe in yourself, there isn't ANYTHING you can't do!
  • Bluebabi
    Bluebabi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Congrats!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! you have come a long way!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!