Do you use the gym showers?

Options
TonyMJ84
TonyMJ84 Posts: 46 Member
Or do you go back to work or go run errands without a gym shower? I do, I have never used a gym shower. I always wait till I get home no matter what. I don't think I would even feel clean after a gym shower. Ha!

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nope too many weirdos at the gym.
  • TonyMJ84
    Options
    Nope too many weirdos at the gym.

I know what you mean.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I use the shower at our employee-only gym at work. There are only a few of us who use it. But at the public facilities? Hell no! Body spray and a ponytail and I'm out.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Must be different in the men's. In the ladies we have soft music, scented soaps, drinks with umbrellas in them and wild lesbian love parties.

:/

Actually, I do use ours at the pool, because otherwise my hair would stick out like Edward Scissorhand's from the chlorine.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Must be different in the men's. In the ladies we have soft music, scented soaps, drinks with umbrellas in them and wild lesbian love parties.

:/

Actually, I do use ours at the pool, because otherwise my hair would stick out like Edward Scissorhand's from the chlorine.

Wow! I'm coming to your gym! :wink:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    No, but I go to the gym after work and then go home and shower. I wouldn't run errands without a shower after working out because I sweat entirely too much.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    What is this Jr High? Yea I use the showers at the gym if I go before work. Nothing worse the loosing a client because of your body order!
  • MrsSpindler
    MrsSpindler Posts: 68
    Options
    I used to when I was at Planet Fitness. I quit that gym now and work out at home.

It was very uncomfortable with only that little curtain blocking the entry way between me and a bunch of other girls. Plus, I put my bag and stuff on the hook and I would peep out to make sure it was still there. I hated having to bring my own shampoo and conditioner. It would sometimes open up my bag causing a huge mess. Then I felt wet all day because it's hard to get dry when you're rushing to get back to work. Too much stress.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i go to a city park gym. the shower and changing room is mostly used by children coming from the swimming classes. the showers have no curtains. the changing stalls have no curtains. i do not change or shower in there. seems inappropriate (and a little creepy) for an adult woman do be naked in front of a group of unaccompanied children.

eta - i go to the gym after work and i do run errands on my way home occasionally. i don't own a car so not stopping along the way for groceries or whatever would add a significant amount of time to getting things done.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    When I workout in the morning before work i will use the gym shower. Its not too bad... they are clean and have some antibacterial soap. Good enough to get me through the day not stanky.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My old gym had private bathroom/showers. Only 7 but they were nice!
  • jessicapetert23
    jessicapetert23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    no, it freaks me out, i don't know how clean those things are...i go home and take a shower!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    If I am headed home, I just wait and shower at home. Otherwise I have no problem showering at my gym. I keep a philosophy 3 in 1 in my gym bag and never use it since the soap and stuff at my gym is all high quality.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    i do if im on my to work after. if im going/ doing anything else i just go home and shower there.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    No, I'd rather just shower at home. It's a little inconvenient having to bring all of my soap, shampoo, etc. The showers are private but I worry about how clean they are.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I always use the showers after Hot Yoga. The facilties at that studio are really clean. I haven't used the showers at my gym as there is a lot of building work being done and it's not very private. In fact you'd be able to see in from the cable pulley machines! There are shower curtains but I still wouldn't feel comfortable using them. 99% of members of my gym are male so the ladies changing/shower haven't been a priorty. The owner says the work should be finished in a week or 2. I'll use them then.
  • TonyMJ84
    Options
    I always use the showers after Hot Yoga. The facilties at that studio are really clean. I haven't used the showers at my gym as there is a lot of building work being done and it's not very private. In fact you'd be able to see in from the cable pulley machines! There are shower curtains but I still wouldn't feel comfortable using them. 99% of members of my gym are male so the ladies changing/shower haven't been a priorty. The owner says the work should be finished in a week or 2. I'll use them then.

What you can see inside? That's creepy! Whoever designed that gym must have been a weirdo.
    BTW, congrats on losing 100 lbs. Incredible!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I don't mind using the gym showers. I don't use them often, only if I have plans after the gym that running home (nearly an hour away) would be a hinderance for. I honestly don't know how often the showers are cleaned, so I bring cheap flip flops that I can wear and I'm a master at putting on and removing clothing without letting anything touch the ground or having to touch anything myself. Works out just fine, I think. Plus, the water at the gym is softer than the water at my apartment, so I kinda like it.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't use the gym shower, the gym showers use me.
  • TonyMJ84
    Options
    I don't use the gym shower, the gym showers use me.

Don't let them take advantage of you like that!