My favorite dessert has 1550 calories in one slice

Options
The Cheesecake Factory's carrot cake! My daily goal is set at 1510, how can I ever eat this treat again? Is it crazy to split a slice into portions/layers over the course of a few days? The slices are typically huge.

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Why not make your own carrot cake, with no so calorie laden ingredients?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat it on your birthday - calories don't count on your birthday.

Or make your own carrot cake for a lot less calories. Or find some friends to share it with.
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can cut a slice in half and only have it as a treat less than once a month or you can do what the above poster said and make your own. Less calories plus it may taste even better. (=
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is crazy to take a slice and make portions of it to use over several days. I mean, we do that all the time when we make lasagna or other foods. I went to the Olive Garden and got one of their docinis, which is a tiny portion of their large desserts.

But my daughter ate it before I was able to even try it. I didn't miss it since it was so small.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Splitting it up would be best, and is easiest if you find someone to eat it with. That way, you don't have to worry about resisting leftovers.

Man, it's like most of the stuff at the cheesecake factory is crazy high in calories. We don't have one in town (happily replaced by the underground cheesecake company and grand traverse pie), but I've heard the articles and the rumors about the calorie count.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Just make it an occasional treat.

Nothing says that you can never eat over maintenance ever again in your life. Now that you're hopefully a lot smarter about eating, you should have several tools in your toolbox for offsetting it - either on the same day, over time, or a combination of both.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The Cheesecake Factory's carrot cake! My daily goal is set at 1510, how can I ever eat this treat again? Is it crazy to split a slice into portions/layers over the course of a few days? The slices are typically huge.

Only eat half of the huge slice, and don't do it often.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    That's pretty damn impressive. Share it with 3 other people?
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Oh, if it's your favorite, you need to indulge every once in awhile. Have a carrot cake splurge every few months or something and don't feel guilty. :happy:
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat the whole thing. Or, go ahead and eat it, and make up the calories over the course of a week :)
  • colettedeann
    Options
    a 14 mile run will kill the calories in that :) - and sometimes it is ok to spoil yourself - as long as u do damage control and don't do it regularly
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Dang they should e banned from using the word carrot......
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Never EVER look at the calorie count at CheeseCake Factory.. Just count it as a cheat day and move on.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    a 14 mile run will kill the calories in that :) - and sometimes it is ok to spoil yourself - as long as u do damage control and don't do it regularly

That's what I came here to say. Eat it, wait an hour, then go lift heavy and run around like a maniac.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them every day.

Seriously, if you have a 200-calorie daily deficit set, then the worst that will happen, is you only maintain that week, instead of lose.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    workout really hard the day of the treat :happy:
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Why not make your own carrot cake, with no so calorie laden ingredients?

This.

I prepare my food for the week on Sunday. You could prepare your won cake, split it in 300 calories portions and freeze them.

Plan for each portion in your daily food log. Work out those 300 calories in advance.

Good luck in your journey
  • het100
    het100 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/4 of a slice of Cheesecake Factory low carb cheesecake with lots of berries almost every night for dessert with a cup of tea and its under 200 calories. That does the trick for me!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Well, hey---it's better than a piece of "Carrot Cake A La Mode" from The Keg restaurant chain. It weighs in (and that is likely the operative word here) at approximately 2,400 calories a serving.
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Like others had said, share a slice with whoever you're eating with... This is now my 'go to' solution when eating out.