My favorite dessert has 1550 calories in one slice

Options

Replies

• KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Exercise for it! Pre-burn the calories before you go!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions mean that we don't have to give up the foods we love!
    The size of a piece of cheesecake from that place is insane anyway.... so cut it in half. Freeze the other half for another time. :)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Elliptical for 45 minutes will take care of half that cake slice. :)

Uhm you are vastly over estimating the powers of the elliptical. The calories counters on those things are WAY off. You would need like 2.5 hours on the elliptical to burn that cake off.

I usually go by MFP's estimation because I know that the machines aren't accurate at all. However, I do weight a lot and thus am more likely to burn off more calories for X amount of time. I forgot to take that into account.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    HIIT for 1.5 hrs.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

Uhm you are vastly over estimating the powers of the elliptical. The calories counters on those things are WAY off. You would need like 2.5 hours on the elliptical to burn that cake off.

I usually go by MFP's estimation because I know that the machines aren't accurate at all. However, I do weight a lot and thus am more likely to burn off more calories for X amount of time. I forgot to take that into account.

Please don't use MFP as an estimation. It is usually WAY off.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy I'd just blend a little creamcheese, plain-nonfat greek yogurt, with some stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and some carrots... then possibly crush some ginger snaps into it later.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I'd demolish the entire thing and then run until my legs fell off.

Don't deny yourself, just do a lot of damage control after!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Please don't use MFP as an estimation. It is usually WAY off.

It at least takes my weigh into account, unlike the machine in the gym which says I've burnt 81 calories after 50 minutes of sweating my *kitten* off, which is bull****. In ANY CASE, like I've said like 2 times already, doing some elliptical will reduce the impact of the cake.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love dessert, but there's no way I could finish one of their pieces of cake (or cheesecake). I'd be happy to have leftovers for a few days. It spreads out the joy.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that regardless of the calories the desert may contain it cannot add more weight to your body than it physically weighs. So unless that thing weighs more than a 1lb have it once a month or so and be happy. Eating it and thinking you have to exercise it off immediately is bound to detract from the value of the treat eventually.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Eat the BEST ten bites.

Then just send it away or give it to someone else.

There is a homeless guy outside of our Cheesecake Factory in downtown Seattle who will take anyone's leftovers. On my son's birthday he gave my son his cardboard "Got Cheesecake?" sign for a present. It was really sweet.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that regardless of the calories the desert may contain it cannot add more weight to your body than it physically weighs. So unless that thing weighs more than a 1lb have it once a month or so and be happy. Eating it and thinking you have to exercise it off immediately is bound to detract from the value of the treat eventually.

Not true. That's like saying if I eat tons and tons of cotton candy it won't matter because it's so light... right? no.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Split that sucker up and enjoy it for several days.

I honestly don't know how anyone can eat that huge slice in one sitting, though obviously people do. My favorite desserts there are the banana cream cheesecake and the strawberry shortcake. I managed to eat half of the cheesecake once ... by having it for dinner. Yes, this is before I bothered to be at all concerned about what or how much I ate. The shortcake is so big that even with another person helping me we couldn't finish half. Both the biscuit and the scoop of ice cream were the size of a softball. Then there was the mountain of whipped cream and strawberries ...

Great. Now I'm hungry.

Oh, and for those that think that's all Cheesecake Factory has, they have a very nice low calorie menu, too - meals that come under 300, 400, or 500 Cals. A nice selection and what I've tried has been very tasty.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options

tumblr_mcxw7flb0p1rt1j9n.gif

That is some interesting broscience right there.

Two words: peanut butter.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Longhorn Chocolate cake is 2180 calories, to be fair it serves 2 people but still...haha

tumblr_lemzgaIXO21qc02nb.jpg

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/longhorn-steakhouse/chocolate-stampede-(serves-2)

Dear Lord I have seen heaven. That looks so good. I have never been to Longhorn though.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    1 lb of food doesn't meant 1 lb of fat bro. Facepalm_9a08b9_59080.jpg A food that weighs less than another food could be more calorically.. ie: like a serving of funonions would be more calories than an apple, but weigh less.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    share it with friends and just have ONE BITE. You'll love that bite, i promise! How to calorie count that, I dunno, but it's a lot better than 1550!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You can save up calories for a few days, or save it for a cheat day!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    maybe its time to find a better treat? if you cant possibly let it go, then yea, spit it up
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    The Cheesecake Factory's carrot cake! My daily goal is set at 1510, how can I ever eat this treat again? Is it crazy to split a slice into portions/layers over the course of a few days? The slices are typically huge.

Sure, why not? Sounds like a sensible plan to me ;)