C'mon ladies - post you r 30 day shred results!

2»

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    I would say the same thing you need to up the protein and lower the carbs for sure.

Any ideas on what I can have for protien? I'm sick of having meat n'all but is there anything else I could have?:bigsmile:

You could also try some different protein shake recipes.
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    I didn't take a starting picture. Really planned on it but I never got around to it. I started 30DS on April 6 and i finished it out this morning. I didn't take any breaks until I hit level 3 and had a couple days where there just where enough hours in the day for everything. But I did 10 days at each level, which had me completing this morning. I tried to do this back in September, when I was quite a bit heavier and go into Level 2 but gave it up for some reason.

I really loved this program. I did get a bit bored by day 8 of the levels. And I found that on Day 9 and 10 of each of the levels, my muscles were just really tired! In Level 1, I could only follow Anita. I don't think I did any Natalie, but by Level 2, I pushed myself to follow Natalie almost always. The ab circuits in Level 3 are absolutely NO JOKE! WOW!

I eat about 1400 calories a day, did 30DS, take a leisurely walk on my 1/2 hour lunch, and would walk or run for 30 minutes after I got home from work. I feel amazing for completing this 30 days. My weight had been stalled out since the middle of February. I hadn't been losing even though I was eating right and working out. I feel like my body is sleeker and my endurance has increased so much. I would recommend this to anyone.

Results:
    Starting Ending
    Weight: 178 Weight: 171 Total Loss of 7 lbs
    Bust: 38 in Bust: 36 inches Total Loss of 2 inches
    Waist: 33 in Waist: 30.5 Total Loss of 2.5 inches
    Belly Button: 35 in Belly Button: 32 in Total Loss of 3 inches
    Hips: 41 inches Hips: 38.75 in Total Loss of 2.25 inches
    Arms: 12.5 in Arms: 11.5 in Total Loss of 1 inch
    Thighs: 24 in Thighs : 22 in Total Loss of 2 in

I plan to keep doing this program for another 30 days. However, I am going to do alternating levels, thinking 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1. And take a rest day every 4 or 5 days. I see really good reviews of Ripped in 30 but I don't see the reason to change it right now. Maybe after the next 30 days. I think I'd like to try Chalean Extreme or Turbo Fire too.

If you are thinking about trying the 30DS, just starting it, in the middle or almost done, my best advice is don't quit! It does work, it does have great results.
  • freya628
    freya628 Posts: 5 Member
    It doesn't matter if its the same brand, as long as the carbs you are eating are low sugar (meaning natural sugar is fine but no added sugar) and low GI (glycemic index) which means it won't cause that spike in blood sugar causing you to gain or hold on to weight..Seems like the peanut butter is fine, nothing wrong with tea and skim milk, eggs are good (I usually do 1 egg and 1/2 c. whites with my toast). Turkey isn't any better than chicken, chicken is actually probably better, I'm not a nutritionist, but when you have 2 kids under 4 and are busy with preparing healthy meals and a fulltime grad student, you go for conveinience + healthy = score. It's easy for me to grab in the fridge take some deli turkey and halfslice swiss and roll it up. No plates, utensils, prep, cleanup. That's why I eat that but to each their own. If I had to recommend a book, it would be The Eat Clean Diet book or you just check out their website. Also, check out this video:
    http://www.beyonddiet.com
    /l/th1-v6-st10-ofr5-c2utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=sch_branded_eng&gclid=CIGC8dTsi7cCFSiCQgodSj0AOQ.
    I did not buy this system but the info they present is legit. Basically eat food as close to nature made as possible.

*** Honestly, weight loss is tricky. You have to find what works for YOU. I tried eating 1400 caories of whatever I wanted and the scale moved slowly and I felt like crap. Then I started changing the quality of what I was eating (more natural, less bad carbs, dairy, sugar, more lean protein and veggies) and focused less on the quantity and my sizes just came off steadily... I'm bulding lean muscle, losing fat layers, and I honestly only log my cals about 1-2 times a week just to make sure nothing I eat regularly is worse than I think. If i were you, which I am not and you can take this or leave it, I would add in some cardio, preferably on an empty stomach (which I don't do all the time but am trying to more often) 3-4 times per week. I would also say NO MORE carbs or sugar or fruit and only minimal dairy after 4/5pm. And I still think 2000 is high, I would try 1400-1600 out for a few weeks. Some people lose at 2000 but they probably have a lot more muscle which means they burn more cals at rest.

I am actually still breastfeeding and was exclusively breastfeeding back last fall when I started trying to really lose weight and the same online calculator gave me about the same numbers but the scale wasn't budging... I was told to drop about 100 cals a day and I did.. so about 1500 cals, and the weight came off. Then I started changing the quality of food which helped even more. This is just what I would do to supercharge weight loss...and then you can always add cals back after you lose some weight, get that incentive you want, and build some muscle.

Some websites I visit to meal plan are the gracious pantry, he and she eat clean (both U.S. based - don't know how that works when you google search overseas). Best of luck. Feel free to add me.

I do not see any possible way you would NOT get results by doing 30 day shred, some added cardio, eating clean, and in moderation. Stick with it. You have not failed until you stop trying. So keep going, tweek the things you feel you can, and I think you will be fine.
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Agree with above. Add protein and veggies. on px90 phase one 50-protein,30 carb, 20 fat macros. Phase 2 40, protein, 40 carb, 20 fat. Third phase is more carbs when your workouts are very, very physically challenging.
  • N0003
    N0003 Posts: 2
    Hey guys :) just looking for heeelllp!! iv been on 30 day shred for 18 days now, no rest days, combining it with 25 - 33 minutes of Taebo and Zumba Flat Abs, my bum has definitely lifted buuuuuuuuuut my tummy :(...and im eating 1300 calories a day more or less : for a while my tummy got smaller buh then *poof* i look like im preggers now :/...

whats going on? #confuzzled
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!