Is disagreement allowed on this board?

Options
13»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif

:laugh: I knew you were my friend for a good reason.

Edited to say he's easy on the eye too!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "suffered." Random idiots and douchecanoes on the internet are not capable of causing me to suffer.

9qmvjuR.png

Reading this while looking at your ticker picture made me giggle, Serp.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    NO.

MMMMMM, oh yes, please!!!

:love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry:
    ^added for inner conflict
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ?? :huh:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Not everyone has complete control over their situation, and not everyone has learned to or how to control what they eat. That doesn't really excuse rudeness, though. That usually falls under defensiveness.

I tend to find it's telling people that their diet is their choice gets strong reactions, and often fairly sexist.
    The cheesecake made me eat it... all. You try telling it NO and see how far you get. :p
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.

MMMMMM, oh yes, please!!!

:love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry: :love: :angry:
    ^added for inner conflict

well in that case

maybe.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Wow, I loved this article, thanks for posting! It took me almost 50 years to figure out this very thing. I struggled with my weight and tried every restrictive diet out there, constantly looking to blame the kinds of foods I was eating, rather than my own gluttony for my weight problems. Now I simply eat what I like, just less of it. It works and is much less stressful on me, body and soul.

You all may now return to your arguing... :happy:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "suffered." Random idiots and douchecanoes on the internet are not capable of causing me to suffer.

9qmvjuR.png

Reading this while looking at your ticker picture made me giggle, Serp.

:laugh:
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think of MFP (or any support group) as a safe place for people to admit that they CAN'T control.

Shaming people, belitting them or berating them is what this place is not for.

We all have our weaknesses. With people who struggle with their weight, their weaknesses are visible.

But, we all have them...so it would be great if we could respond from a place of empathy rather than arrogance.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think of MFP (or any support group) as a safe place for people to admit that they CAN'T control.

Shaming people, belitting them or berating them is what this place is not for.

We all have our weaknesses. With people who struggle with their weight, their weaknesses are visible.

But, we all have them...so it would be great if we could respond from a place of empathy rather than arrogance.

There are quite a number of people who are in deep pain over their food addition.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif
    Oh you make me so happy sometimes. Xxo