3+ months on Mfp--What changes RU seeing in/around you?

Options
13»

Replies

• gmiker
    gmiker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think my weight loss is around 22lbs which is shocking since my goal was not to lose but just get healthy. The most important change is "food decisions".

1) No more junk and this means many things that might be considered "ok". I read the labels and make decisions on the nutrition balance.

2) The concept of starving myself was shocking. I now actually am eating more (of the right stuff) but closely matching my burn (BodyMedia).

Thanks for BeachBody workouts to keep me working hard - they are GREAT. (I am not a coach)
  • skalkbrenn
    skalkbrenn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much, but have already been getting compliments about it. I have so much more energ and I am not having the severe cravings for junk food like I used. to. I still allow it every once in a while, but my self control has improved. I'm actually accepted that this is my life now (eating right and exercising) and that if I'm consistent I will reach my goal weight someday!!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't recognize my own reflection when I open glass doors.
  • sonieve
    sonieve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my third month...I have lost about 25lbs. NSV-I can fit clothes that I could not fit before. Although I still have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal of losing 100Lb, I am a quarter of the way there. I eat well...I don't deprive myself of the things I want. I am working out now. I have more energy. My kids seem to be proud of me...they want to work out more. My co-workers are calling me skinny (mind you I am still 250lbs...maybe 249....lol), but it feels good. I am not as puffy. I drink water. I don't waste my calolries on liquid anymore, unless it is a healthy smoothie...no more soda (well soda that is not diet).

I am conscious of what i eat, but I am not spazzing out about it.

And I am committed...
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    I've been on MFP for about 3 months, but working out/eating better since Jan 7 (5 months and a week). I've lost almost 40lb.

No one has mentioned it unless they already knew I was trying to lose weight, but those that did already know have said it's very obvious.

I've gone from a size 22 pants to a size 18, size 2x shirt to a size L, size 42DDD bra to a size 38DDD (and that's already getting loose).

I did stall out for a while and I chose to change from 1200 cal diet to TDEE-20%. It's been slower going since then but at least the scale is moving- and I have a LOT more energy than I did on such a low cal diet.

Mostly, though, I just feel SO MUCH BETTER. I can run up a flight of stairs, I can wear high heels without my feet killing me, I can lift a 40lb bag of cat food and toss it over my shoulder like it's no big deal, my back and knees have stopped hurting... it goes on. Plus, my arms and legs are starting to look pretty awesome (though my midsection has a LOT of catching up to do... sigh).
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    More Energy
    More Stamina
    Eating Healthier
    Eating Less
    Clothes.. my clothes... I'm wearing jeans that I haven't worn in nearly a decade!
    Friends & Family reactions... that's pretty cool too, I'm not gonna lie.
    No "2 o'clock Feeling" at work
  • bulacaflocka
    bulacaflocka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on the site for a year now. Lost 15 pounds last summer, but when I moved to a new place with a new roommate, I fell back into old habits and gained them back. This past March, I hit a low point in my life, and decided then and there I'm going to change. Since then, I've lost 25 pounds. Looking in the mirror doesn't seem that different at all, but my clothes are fitting better, and I've already had to go out and buy a new belt. There's definitely a struggle some days, whether it be mentally or physically, but I keep chugging along.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I feel back to normal. Except I'm now running 15 miles a week. Woo hoo!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I think 3 months was the tipping point where I finally started to *feel* like I was getting somewhere significant. A lot of that was looking at my photos (so glad I took those!!). I looked back in my blog to see where I was at at 3 months:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sparlingo/view/three-months-in-489591

And you know what the great thing is? If you find your momentum and motivation, three months turns in to six months:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sparlingo/view/six-months-on-mfp-pics-progress-530324

And six will turn into twelve (seriously excited to see what a year on MFP will bring me!!)....

JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!

This is sooooo encouraging and inspirational....you ROCK!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    More Energy
    More Stamina
    Eating Healthier
    Eating Less
    Clothes.. my clothes... I'm wearing jeans that I haven't worn in nearly a decade!
    Friends & Family reactions... that's pretty cool too, I'm not gonna lie.
    No "2 o'clock Feeling" at work

You Rock sir! I know the feeling well now too myself. Yesterday I got into a top I hadn't ever worn, because it was so small on me the last time I tried it on, I could hardly get it off...now it fits and looks tremendous--I LOVE that!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!