Who else uses a food scale?

Options
1235»

Replies

• seabuckaroo
    seabuckaroo Posts: 85
    Options
    I use it all the time, I may look obsessed but I am way better with my serving sizes now
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I have measured, weighed and logged every bite for nine months now. Smartest thing I ever did. And if I don't finish everything on my plate, I weigh what's left so I can subtract it from my log.

But a digital measuring spoon? I gotta find one of those.

For purchases, I tend to consult Amazon over google:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=digital+measuring+spoon&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4242526897&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4625739902053086798&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5gb4t6zckj_e
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    We have one in a cabinet somewhere. I'll probably pull it out if I hit a plateau, or I get tired of counting peanuts :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have a scale and measure EVERYTHING!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Ideally, everyone should have and use one.

I sure do. EVERYTHING.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    OCD - Yes I use it!
  • PcShed
    PcShed Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use scale to pre-weigh everything when I am batch cooking. Because I am on fasting low carb nutrition, I need to get my carbs below 30- 50g per day.
  • gabinonunes
    gabinonunes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Food scales are the best!! No guessing of how much your'e taking in.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I use mine several times a day. If you are trying to track progress, it is the only way to do so accurately. The calorie estimates on MFP (even on the food labels themselves) are already just estimates. Don't make it worse by trying to eyeball your portions.
  • cindylu35
    cindylu35 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can't count calories without one!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Me. It's amazing. Most food labels give the nutritional info for the weight of the meat raw. Makes you be able to be so much more accurate with a food scale rather than using the option for "1 cup of diced chicken breast". Now that I have the food scale, I can't imagine calorie counting without it!
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use an EatSmart scale. I purchased after I watched a video showing that a TBSP of peanut butter was not the serving size listed on nutrition facts. I was absolutely shocked when I started measuring different items.
  • CatMcCheesey
    CatMcCheesey Posts: 143
    Options
    I use one. Honestly, I don't know how anyone can truly know how many calories they're consuming if they don't use one.
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    i mite git one
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I use mine regularly. I also argue with it over how big an ounce of cheese is regularly.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I do! Always. Well except on my cheat. Ha.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine from Amazon, should be here Wednesday. I KNOW that "eyeballing" my food is giving me way more calories than I'm logging. One of the main reasons I gained so much weight in the first place was due to having zero concept of what a portion looks like! You guys here on MFP convinced me - I'm excited to start using it!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale for almost everything I prepare/eat at home. I think trying to count calories without one would be so uncertain and frustrating. I do not take it with me when I go out to eat or travel. But it has helped me to recognize portions of food so that I can better estimate calories when I do eat away from home.
  • lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started using a food scale as well. It's amazing. I think i've found the key to losing the weight that I need to.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing my scale has taught me was how much freaking cereal I was eating!! I thought a serving was a bowlful... so I thought I was having 1.5 or 2 servings...

After measuring, I think I was eating 4-6+ servings every time!!

Also used it to find out my workboots are just over twice as heavy as my regular shoes... No wonder I don't have any bounce in my step! lol