Tattoo to recognize your efforts/goals @ weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• BamaRose0107
    BamaRose0107 Posts: 635
    Options
    I got one when I lost 100 pounds. It also symbolized the emotional growth I had made through my journey. Mine is on my ankle and represents rebirth and strength. I think it is a great idea and for me it is a permanent reminder of how far I have come and how I am a completely different person inside and out.
  • mrayniak
    mrayniak Posts: 38
    Options
    I love this topic - I have always wanted a tattoo and will be getting one at some point this summer - I was thinking of a vine type going around my ankle - but now this has made me think of getting something to represent all the long hours I have put in at the gym to loose this weight - keep the ideas coming!!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I currently have one tattoo and definitly want another one. I told my self I won't get one till I reach my goal weight. I've been close but haven't reached it yet--one day I will. Not sure what to get just yet but I want one either on my back in the shoulder area or on my hip bone area... Its more of a reward than a symbol for working out/getting healthy etc but it will still have ties to it since thats the reason I would be getting a second one.
  • Briannah
    Briannah Posts: 50
    Options
    1. How do you quote PART of a quote? I have only been able to figure out how to quote the whole thing?

2. I am thinking (I HATE this term b/c I am not a tramp) but a tramp stamp! Seems to be universal and easy enough to hide/show. I don't know for sure yet.

I agree! "tramp Stamp" is cute and very hidden :) I have a star on each hip and a bible verse on my forearm in the shape of a cross, which means a lot to me becuase I used to struggle with self harm in that area. The scars are now covered by my tattoo and I love it so much. Everytime I look at it I remember what I have been through and how I have overcome my cutting :) I think you should get one symbolising your weight loss... Cliche (i know), but a butterfly symbolises transformation into something beautiful... :) I like that, that will be the next tattoo on my lower back :)
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Just a simple suggestion. Find something that symbolizes your growth and You. Remember it's going to be with you forever. :smile: Now I am just starting out with my weight loss on this site but have lost 30lbs already on my own. When I started to feel and see a change in myself last year I got my 7th tatoo. It was a butterfly on my foot. It symbolized the catapillar turning into a beautiful butterfly for me! I finally felt free. And it is my favorite tat of ALL! When I finish my journey I plan on getting another butterfly tat but somewhere else. So good luck with your choice.

I don't have any and have always been a little apprehensive. Recently I decided I want a butterfly... for the same reason as mentioned above. I just don't know where to put it so it's discreet when I want to dress up and where I can show it off when I want to. It also doesn't help that my hubby doesn't like tats... :(
  • MandasCorner
    MandasCorner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you are in UT, I would recommend Unhinged Tattoos‎; 3040 South Washington Boulevard, Ogden, UT 84401 | (801) 625-0233‎. They did mine and I absolutely love it! I only have one because I do not have a high pain threshold either but they were amazing. I plan on going back to them for any future tattoos I may get (I want more but again, I don't like pain lol). I went in with an idea of what I wanted and the artist made it her own and I LOVE it! It's in the middle of my back so it shows when I wear tank tops and shirts with a lower back but I can easily cover it up with a jacket or sweater. I get compliments on it all the time too!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I love this topic! I'm having one drawn up now in memory of my cousin who died a couple years ago. I can't wait.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have three tattoos.

I got my first one when I finally wised up and split from my ex-husband. After I got it done my friend was talking to him and told him.. He booked in the following week to have a tattoo done, and fainted in the chair. So my first tattoo is a reminder of what I endured for four and a half year, and what a wuss he really was!

I got my second tattoo about 6 months after my first, on my right hip. This was done when I was around 130-135lbs and it was a little aztec style sunshine. Unfortunately, I did not take the colour in the tattoo and got it covered around 2 years ago. My sun has been replaced by an ancient symbol for hope and destiny with the clan motto (my family are of scottish origin) of 'fear God in life' so that I always remember my roots.

My third tattoo is below my first, on the bottom of my back and reads 'open your mind, free your heart and love with abandon'. A close friend of mine, who died before I got it done, always used to have a little piece of paper with that written on it in her purse. It reminds me of her!

I'll not be getting any more tattoos though!
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm getting tattoos but they're not related to my weight loss.
    After I lose 15 lbs, I'm getting a blackbird on my ankle (The song Blackbird by the Beatles is very much me)
    After I lose 25 lbs, I'm getting the music staff of the chorus of 'All You Need Is Love' on my lower back.
    After I lose 30 lbs, I'm getting a tattoo of the Aum symbol on my hip. (in reference to 'Across The Universe', the song. Jai guru deva om.)

I also want a naval piercing when I lose 20 lbs :) Not a tattoo but it is a body mod.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I always liked the idea of getting something small on my foot or toe. Not sure if I will do it though.

I do have a yin-yang symbol on my front left hip.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    I am moving to San Francisco at the end of the year, and as long as I lose the last of my weight, I am going to get a tattoo before I move. I moved to Tahoe in bad circumstances, and my life was a wreck. Long story short, I turned myself around completely, and so I will get 3 snowflakes on my side to remind myself of what I have accomplished while I lived here. I am nervous though! It is going to hurt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!