Alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• LLStover09
    LLStover09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a red wine drinker myself and if I have one glass I account for it in my daily calories. On the weekend if were going out or having a get together, I stick w/ vodka or rum (about 70 calories per shot) w/ flavored seltzer water, fresh lime and literally a dash of lite cranberry juice. I still add it in to my daily limit, but it's a little easier on the calories :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I drank Vodka soda water with lemon all weekend in Vegas, and still lost 2 lbs., That's my go to drink!

mine is vodka, water, splash of lime. I used to put bar lime (the juice) but the next day you have such wicked heartburn that you can't handle it..now i ask for a wedge of lime. They're called "skinny b!tches"
  • mkadar66
    mkadar66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Totally want a drink....like right now! Gotta be 5'oclock somewhere! :)
  • mkadar66
    Options
    I drank Vodka soda water with lemon all weekend in Vegas, and still lost 2 lbs., That's my go to drink!

mine is vodka, water, splash of lime. I used to put bar lime (the juice) but the next day you have such wicked heartburn that you can't handle it..now i ask for a wedge of lime. They're called "skinny b!tches"

totally going to remember this one!
  • mkadar66
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I can cut calories a lot of places; however, I am not going to sacrifice my sanity by cutting out the alcohol. This statement could possibly automatically enroll me in some 12 step process.

Obviously....I have cut alcohol out for a while. Haven't had a drink for 3 weeks...tonight is the night! I'll just log it!
  • lucascmom
    lucascmom Posts: 14
    Options
    Drink is the reason I joined this website- I've been a big drinker for the last two years. Vodka is my weakness- and I mean to the point of getting home from work and pouring myself a drink and not stopping until the bottle had finished. I have not not had one drop for the seven days, the same day I realised enough was enough. I feel so much better for it, honestly. I am craving it a bit, but seeing how many calories I was consuming solely from drink is enough to put me off now. I guess you can allow for it in your daily intake, but if you're anything like me, just stear well clear.

Feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other (I'm fairly new at all this).
    Good luck xxx

Good for you! Vodka can be evil, evil thing. Keep it up!
    PS: Feel free to add me too!
  • lucascmom
    lucascmom Posts: 14
    Options
    Another thing that's helped is .. There's no calories in pot.

LOL... Nope... No There's not!

LMAO that is true, unless you get the munchies :P
  • ChantalAguiar
    ChantalAguiar Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a slice of lemon...not big on the lime!
  • QuincyBella
    QuincyBella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the week. For me, drinking a medium white wine as a large spritzer works out well as I see the same amount in my glass but I am consuming less alcohol. I have only been watching what I eat in the last month and have found it quite pleasant in the summer months because I tend to graduate more towards lighter wines then anyway. Not sure how well it'll go when what I really want is a warming red!
  • pattidutton
    Options
    I treat myself to 4 or 5 beers on Saturdays...it's puts me over my calories, but I don't freak out about it. If that's the only time I'm over, I figure I'm doing okay. :)
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i LOVE that like all the google ads when im viewing this topic are for rehab centers! Gooo adwords!
  • debbieb1971
    debbieb1971 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the posts - they all make for interesting reading and they mage me giggle lol.

I reckon one or two glasses a week shouldn't really do me any harm, but the main thing is that i'm sticking to my calories the rest of the week - and now i just need to get off my fat a*se and do some proper exercise.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I still drink alcohol socially. I've cut back some, but I'm not going to permanently eliminate alcohol. Plus, there are studies showing that light alcohol drinking, red wine especially, has neuroprotective and cardioprotective benefits.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I never cut out foods...or drinks...that I like. That being said, I still have alcohol on occasion. Most recently, I discovered the Stawberita that Budweiser put out...and even after having enough of that to get me, um...appreciably intoxicated, lol...I still continued to lose body fat. I am smaller and leaner now than I have been all year and through most of last year.

I do believe in moderation, though. I don't think it's a good idea to have a drunken binder every weekend or to drink every night. But I don't see how a beer or a glass of wine, etc. on occasion will hurt you in your weight loss goals. Just remember to log it and stay within your calorie limits.