Parasites

Options
Okay, the title of this post is nasty enough, so I'm not going to go into detail of graphic nature, but . . .

I have had so many different health problems over the years that I've always thought were connected to some kind of immune system issue. Many of these problems will fade if I keep a close check on my diet and do lots of kundalini yoga. I've had to have root canals on teeth that were infected even though I had no gum disease, no cavities, etc. I have severe lactose intolerance. I have unexplained itching and sharp nerve pains that make me scream out sometimes, but disappear so suddenly that I brush it off, assuming it's just some normal stuff going on in my body. I have severe mood swings that seem connected to the moon cycles (I've even been diagnosed as bipolar, but have found that a hormone-balancing diet, exercise, meditation, etc., have helped my moods much more than the drugs they prescribed me ever did). My eyes twitch uncontrollably sometimes, too, but things like that are so easy to brush off as stress or my contacts irritating my eyes. My appetite is INSANE sometimes, and my stomach has been much more bloated lately. I seriously could go on and on.

Over the years I have freaked out from time to time that I may have some type of worm or parasite, but I always decide not to pursue that topic mainly just because it is SO DISGUSTING. As soon as I started reading about anything like that, I always thought, "No way do I have THOSE things in me. NASTY!" But recently-- and I'll leave this to your imagination-- I had reason to pursue the topic again.

And, guess what? At least 95% of people in North America have parasites at any given time. (I've seen this stat again and again, but even if you don't believe it, that's not important.) This is not just something common to undeveloped areas! In fact, one doctor said that if you haven't done a parasite cleanse in the past six weeks, you definitely have worms of some kind. I know this is so gross and sometimes better just ignored (indeed, your body can function just fine with a low level of these nasty things in you, depending on which they are), but the reason I find this so important is that so many diseases and allergies (even including mental diseases--https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=127666--, cancer, autism, and more!) can be traced back to parasites affecting the body. This isn't to say that parasites are the actual cause of any medical problem you may have, but they could be, or they could simply be exacerbating it or keeping your intended cures from working. Not to mention that all the organic foods and special vitamins/supplements you may take as part of your fitness program are being wasted on these guys, and your own body is not actually reaping the benfits.

I have read almost everything there is to read on the topic by now, and I strongly believe everyone should do a parasite cleanse. So far, I have just altered my diet to focus on things that are known to kill parasites and bacteria, like raw garlic (it has to be chopped first to release the killing agent; I'm also taking a garlic oil pill that really seems to be helping), carrots, coconut oil, pineapple, pumpkin seeds, onions, lemons, and more foods and herbs that have strong parasite-killing properties. I want to add in a complex containing some more serious cleansers, like wormwood, black walnut, raspberry and papaya seeds, etc., but money doesn't allow for that yet, so I am doing everything else in my power to amend this problem.

On a side note, be careful when taking lots of garlic, like I am-- it is a natural antibiotic and can cause an imbalance in the healthy bacteria in your body, just like any antibiotic, and you don't want to add a yeast infection on top of everything else. This is easily combatted by taking probiotics or eating lots of (full-fat, no sugar) Greek yogurt. I accidently bought the non-fat kind myself, which has a whopping 9 grams of sugar, which is not good for yeast, either. So be careful with that!

I've realized why the kundalini yoga always seems to help, too-- the "breath of fire" breathing specific to this type of yoga helps oxygenate the blood much faster/more than regular breathing, and these things hate oxygenated blood. They also thrive in high-acidity enviornments, so an alkalanizing diet is important, too. (And some food that seem acidic, like lemons, are actually alkalanizing once they hit the stomach.)

Another method for ridding oneself of parasites involves "zapping" them with an electric current (that is harmless to humans). I'm still doing some research on that one, but I will try anything.

And I won't be too graphic here, but I definitely KNOW the things I have already employed are working. I didn't have some of the more obvious symptoms (like itching around the anal area; nasty, I know!), but, um . . . they were in me, for sure. If you didn't actually look for the expelled parasites, you probably wouldn't notice them. But. Yeah.

This website has a video on it that might freak you out a bit, but doesn't show anything too graphic and might help you realize how common this issue is: http://www.markusrothkranz.com/bodyforce/parasite.html

Some of the cleanses, like the one at the link above, can be quite toxic (and you often already feel a lot worse while these things are dying inside of you, relseasing their own toxins), so some people suggest a major lifestyle/diet change is all that is really needed to get rid of these things, unless they are large or a certain kind (or in a certain location-- these things can move to your brain, organs, etc.!) that needs more severe intervention. If this isn't a great reason to drastically change my diet, I don't know what is.

And be forewarned-- although you can get parasites from undercooked meat, the traditionaly blamed culprit for parasites-- raw veggies and grains are just as dangerous. I've gotten to where I spray every veggie with vinegar in addition to the usual scrubbing with water. Pets are also to blame, but so is simply touching dirt or drinking water (yes, even good ole American chemically "cleaned" water). They're pretty impossible to avoid. I have been a nanny for years. I keep a 1-year-old boy right now, and he puts everything into his mouth. He almost prefers his food off the floor! I'm constantly having to swat stuff out of his hands. I'm not saying I got it from him, though; I garden, I have slept with a puppy or two over the years when pet-sitting, I've volunteered at an animal shelter, I (used to, probably won't anymore) eat sushi, I've been to South America and brushed my teeth with the water there (but only drank bottled water), and more.

Perhaps the worst part of all this is that doctors so often dismiss parasites as a potential problem. This is partly because diagnostic tests for parasites are so faulty.

I know it is really gross, but please do your research, especially if you have some unsolved health problems. It might really positively change your life!

(I am not endorsing each of these authors' entire views, necessarily, but these particular pages are good sources of information.)

How My Naturopathic Doctor Helped Me Discover That Parasites Were Wrecking My Health: http://internetwriter62.hubpages.com/hub/How-My-Naturopathic-Doctor-Helped-Me-Discover-That-Parasites-Were-Wrecking-My-Health

The Parasite Support Forum on curezone.com features tons of people's stories (and some pictures, beware) that I really found enlightening. http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=336

A guy named Dr. Wilson also has some really good information about parasites on his website. (I don't necessarily agree with everything else on his website, but this is definitely worth reading.) http://drlwilson.com/Articles/PARASITES.HTM

Since I have started this cleanse, not only have I witnessed visible proof that I've had parasites, but I can tell they do not like the methods I've been employing to rid myself of them-- I have felt weird movement and sharp pains in my intestinal area, and my body has been really itchy all over. I am going to continue this cleanse, adding in more herbs, etc., for at least three months. Has anyone else had experience with this? I couldn't find much in the forums.

Replies

• jacksky
    Options
    years ago i went to central america and came back with montezumas revenge. i had dhiarhea for 3 months and nothing helped it on the western medicine side. Then i did homeopathy. Within a week it was gone. My uncle is a homeopathic doctor and he worked with me, thank god because i have no health insurance and have always been poor.

Obviously parasites, cut to 4 years later and i decided to do Paragone. I've been doing it 4 days and i've already seen some worms in the toilet. The box says to do a lot of diet changes (give up wheat and sugar). I can't do it. Im addicted to the stuff. I hardly eat enough as it is and i think that if i got rid of it, id really be lost. I also have a whole host of food allergies: nuts, seeds, peanut, coconut, soy, corn.

how has it been going with you?

i hope without the diet changes this cleanse helps.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Mebendazole tablets clear up threadworm a treat. Very common esp. in families with young children cos the tinkers get their hands everywhere at school and either don't wash or don't wash properly.

You can get them at the chemists or supermarket - it also helps to boil wash towels and bedding at the same time.
  • feesh510
    Options
    Two words: Delusional parasitosis. It's a thing. Google it. Human beings can convince themselves of pretty much anything.

On the other hand, threadworms are a real problem, especially in children. We know this because they create specific symptoms, they are visible on physical exam, and under the microscope, and they are successfully treated with antiparasitics like the benzamidazoles.

If parasites are causing symptoms (or are even there in a symptomatic people), doctors/scientists should be able to isolate a specific species (or multiple species) in repeat fecal floats or smears and/or should be able to see the organisms themselves or evidence of their damage when intestinal or other tissue biopsies are reviewed under microscope.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Are you hanging out on that crazy CureZone site? Everyone on there thinks they are full of parasites and obsessively check their stool. They take all this weird stuff that causes their colon to excrete more mucus, then when that mucus coats undigested vegetable matter, they think they are passing worms.

As a pp said, parasites cause SPECIFIC SYMPTOMS, not some vague array of things like you describe. You are not full of parasites. Ninety-five percent of the population does NOT have parasites, and any doctor who says you need to do a parasite cleanse every six months is a quack.

It's funny how people who think they have parasites often lose this feeling when they are placed on psychiatric meds. Again, delusional parasitosis.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Just gonna stick a pin in this for now and come back later. As soon as I find my internetz hat. BRB.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkc738nAWf1qkfgx0o1_400.gif
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Humans have a symbiotic relationship with many organisms... in fact, humans can hardly survive without the organisms we've evolved to live with. My guess is that the "5%" are actually the unhealthy ones....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Yuck. Thanks? I believe you though, my brother and his wife used some sort of product awhile back (Paragon or some clever name like that) and they both passed worms. I'd rather not think about it.

ETA to those tin hatting it, it's really not that out there to think we might have parasites of one sort or another, pretty much every animal does.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    316.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Monsters Inside Me show is cray. Someone passed a huge worm. He thought he was magically losing weight, but he was feeding a giant worm.:sick:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Humans have a symbiotic relationship with many organisms... in fact, humans can hardly survive without the organisms we've evolved to live with. My guess is that the "5%" are actually the unhealthy ones....

That's along the lines of what I was going to say.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I see parasite fear mongering is starting to replace the unnamable toxins.

conspiracy.jpg
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, everyone's body twinges and hurts and has twangs and bumps and weird things. You may be focussing on your inner body state just a little too much. You are sounding very disturbed by it all.

It's a known thing though, that a low dose of antidepressant will often cure a lot of physical pain. If you think you have worms take a worm tablet and get the job done. Carrots will not save you from worms and wormwood is a highly dangerous psychedelic drug and the reason Absinthe is illegal in western countries.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

conspiracy.jpg

whoa.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

conspiracy.jpg

OMG!!! It's true, isn't it?!?!
  • kycfj
    kycfj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    and all along I thought it was just the roids twitching

On the bright side, guess i'm not fat......JUST INFECTED
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

conspiracy.jpg

OMG!!! It's true, isn't it?!?!

Makes you think, doesn't it :laugh:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Monsters Inside Me show is cray. Someone passed a huge worm. He thought he was magically losing weight, but he was feeding a giant worm.:sick:

Guess I'm not feeding a giant worm then :laugh:
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Okay, the title of this post is nasty enough, so I'm not going to go into detail of graphic nature, but . . .

I have had so many different health problems over the years that I've always thought were connected to some kind of immune system issue. Many of these problems will fade if I keep a close check on my diet and do lots of kundalini yoga. I've had to have root canals on teeth that were infected even though I had no gum disease, no cavities, etc. I have severe lactose intolerance. I have unexplained itching and sharp nerve pains that make me scream out sometimes, but disappear so suddenly that I brush it off, assuming it's just some normal stuff going on in my body. I have severe mood swings that seem connected to the moon cycles (I've even been diagnosed as bipolar, but have found that a hormone-balancing diet, exercise, meditation, etc., have helped my moods much more than the drugs they prescribed me ever did). My eyes twitch uncontrollably sometimes, too, but things like that are so easy to brush off as stress or my contacts irritating my eyes. My appetite is INSANE sometimes, and my stomach has been much more bloated lately. I seriously could go on and on.

I had all your symptoms too and thought I had parasites. Yep, I was constantly starving and eating hoards of food. The thought of tapeworm crossed my mind. Turns out it was just plain 'ol Celiac disease. I quit the gluten and ALL those symptoms went away.