And Now, The Weather.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Duly noted.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, everyone's body twinges and hurts and has twangs and bumps and weird things. You may be focussing on your inner body state just a little too much. You are sounding very disturbed by it all.

It's a known thing though, that a low dose of antidepressant will often cure a lot of physical pain. If you think you have worms take a worm tablet and get the job done. Carrots will not save you from worms and wormwood is a highly dangerous psychedelic drug and the reason Absinthe is illegal in western countries.

Absinthe has been available in UK shops since the 90's. Although it's a frankly rather overrated drink. It will not make you hallucinate. :smile:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

Absinthe has been available in UK shops since the 90's. Although it's a frankly rather overrated drink. It will not make you hallucinate. :smile:

Well, that's disappointing.:grumble:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Two words: Delusional parasitosis. It's a thing. Google it. Human beings can convince themselves of pretty much anything.

On the other hand, threadworms are a real problem, especially in children. We know this because they create specific symptoms, they are visible on physical exam, and under the microscope, and they are successfully treated with antiparasitics like the benzamidazoles.

If parasites are causing symptoms (or are even there in a symptomatic people), doctors/scientists should be able to isolate a specific species (or multiple species) in repeat fecal floats or smears and/or should be able to see the organisms themselves or evidence of their damage when intestinal or other tissue biopsies are reviewed under microscope.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    1253885876_suicide.gif
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I had this huge parasite once, and it was feeding on all the good stuff I had in my pantry, but I managed to get rid of it. By sleeping with his brother.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I had this huge parasite once, and it was feeding on all the good stuff I had in my pantry, but I managed to get rid of it. By sleeping with his brother.

I have a two year old and a four year old parasite, and if I tried to do anything to get rid of them, I'd go to jail. I ask you, how is that justice??
  • ryry_
    Options

Oh sure...I say "Do you mind if I get something from the pantry?"...You say "Go ahead make yourself at home". Then your two faced azz comes on the internet and talks behind my back. What did you think I wouldn't find out?

And parasite thats a little strong. Mooch maybe, but I'm no parasite. And which brother? Older or younger one women damint tell me now!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Oh sure...I say "Do you mind if I get something from the pantry?"...You say "Go ahead make yourself at home". Then your two faced azz comes on the internet and talks behind my back. What did you think I wouldn't find out?

And parasite thats a little strong. Mooch maybe, but I'm no parasite. And which brother? Older or younger one women damint tell me now!

Both. And let's just say they're both your big(ger) brothers.
  • ryry_
    Options

Both. And let's just say they're both your big(ger) brothers.

:ohwell: >>>>>:frown:>>>>>>>> :cry: >>>>>>>:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: >>>>>>:sad: >>>>>>:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: >>>>>>>>:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: >>>>>>>:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: >>>>>>Prior Gif still applicable

1253885876_suicide.gif
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, everyone's body twinges and hurts and has twangs and bumps and weird things. You may be focussing on your inner body state just a little too much. You are sounding very disturbed by it all.

It's a known thing though, that a low dose of antidepressant will often cure a lot of physical pain. If you think you have worms take a worm tablet and get the job done. Carrots will not save you from worms and wormwood is a highly dangerous psychedelic drug and the reason Absinthe is illegal in western countries.

Mmm ... Absinthe (Yeh, I said "Mmm" ... I'm the weirdo that actually likes the black jelly beans) ... I could use a visit from the green fairy ...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Two words: Delusional parasitosis. It's a thing. Google it. Human beings can convince themselves of pretty much anything.

On the other hand, threadworms are a real problem, especially in children. We know this because they create specific symptoms, they are visible on physical exam, and under the microscope, and they are successfully treated with antiparasitics like the benzamidazoles.

If parasites are causing symptoms (or are even there in a symptomatic people), doctors/scientists should be able to isolate a specific species (or multiple species) in repeat fecal floats or smears and/or should be able to see the organisms themselves or evidence of their damage when intestinal or other tissue biopsies are reviewed under microscope.

Pretty much this.
    Along with phantom yeast infections and imaginary celiac disease.

Yes, these things exist. But unless you have a confirmed exam (stool, blood or muscle biopsy) you have a much higher likelihood of inventing things.

Btw, most parasitic infections are asymptomatic and self-resolving. We haz thems.

But some parasitic infections are very hard to discern and do require expensive tests. Borrelia burgdorferi, aka Lyme Disease, is an example.

OP probably had something. But is also scaremongering.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Wow, just, wow.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Vomit time! Voted for grossest thread of the year award! :sick:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I think I watched the same documentary as the OP:

rkab8g.gif

Scary stuff indeed.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Op. paranoia is often a symptom of bi polar. I woukd suggest making an appointment with your dr to discuss this obsession that something is wrong with you before you do your body serious harm with these "cleanses"
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I feel a little bit better about some members of my family, because you just brought them down a couple of levels of crazy in my 'Relatively Crazy Relatives" book.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Well, that's disappointing.:grumble:

It gives you an awesome buzz though, I really like the feeling you get from it.