New Rules of Lifting vs Stronglifts 5x5

Options
2»

Replies

• SuperSteph81
    SuperSteph81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    lol wow this really escalated quickly in a mind set, i was not even referring to.

I was asking for girl input because I have already talked to men about it and I wanted another point of view. lol this was not a sexist topic at all. how the heck did that even happen.

sorry I asked.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Can we forgive the sexist nature of this thread and compare NROL to SL5x5?

I did SL because Tameko made cliff notes for me to follow. I couldn't bring myself to read the entire 50 page PDF until WAY after I started. I still haven't finished reading the NROL book - I have 5 kids and the attention span of a goldfish.

I'd love to hear more from those who know - either male or female or trans or whatever... really.
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What specifically about your progress are you not happy about? Is your weight not decreasing or you are not progressing in your lifts as much as you'd like? I have only read NROL4W and to me it doesn't seem like a weight loss plan per se.....you need to do that through diet. I am debating starting it and curious to know what you don't like with the program
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    What specifically about your progress are you not happy about? Is your weight not decreasing or you are not progressing in your lifts as much as you'd like? I have only read NROL4W and to me it doesn't seem like a weight loss plan per se.....you need to do that through diet. I am debating starting it and curious to know what you don't like with the program

^This

Diet and sleep are two massive factors. If you haven't ruled them out as stumbling blocks with your current routine, then programme hopping will be unlikely to be the answer you seek.....
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like SL for it's ease of use. It is simple to follow and doesn't take up too much of my time (I work and have 3 kids to look after). I recently downloaded NROLFW on my kindle and just reading the book before I even got to the lifting section seemed a mammoth task, but maybe you have more free time than me.
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump