What is/are the most trivial fact/s about you?

Options
Back in 1990 when I was 11, I was 2nd runner up of a local beauty contest. 2001 when I was working at my first job, one talent scout approached me & gave me offer to appear for a TV commercial/ad of a Pond's beauty cream. But for some reason, I rejected their offer. Funny thing is that I'm a butch/tomboy type who doesn't like girly or feminine stuff.

What's yours?

Replies

• elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    from when I was 14 till 18 I was in a Dead Kennedy's cover band
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i love beer pong n karaoke lol
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

****en cool!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Back in 1990 when I was 11, I was 2nd runner up of a local beauty contest. 2001 when I was working at my first job, one talent scout approached me & gave me offer to appear for a TV commercial/ad of a Pond's beauty cream. But for some reason, I rejected their offer. Funny thing is that I'm a butch/tomboy type who doesn't like girly or feminine stuff.

What's yours?

Wow. What a beauty queen! haha
    I'm the same way. As a kid I never liked girly stuff but now I'm becoming more feminine.

As for me...well, nothing too exciting.

When I was 9 I stopped an illegal couple from kidnapping my little sister.
    At ten years old I stopped this man from stealing my mothers purse.
    I've broken the same ankle three times.
    I've been in five fist fights. I'm not very proud of that but it was out of defense. I'm not a trouble maker. :glasses:
    I graduated a year early.
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options

****en cool!

Thanks! I miss the band, but everyone went to different states for college
  • LouBeeeLou75
    LouBeeeLou75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

What's yours?

I'm the same way. As a kid I never liked girly stuff but now I'm becoming more feminine.

I've been in five fist fights. I'm not very proud of that but it was out of defense. I'm not a trouble maker. :glasses:

Er, I think preventing a kidnapping doesn't qualify as trivial! Well, done you - I hope you remind your sister regularly and get due praise :wink:
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

What's yours?

Er, I think preventing a kidnapping doesn't qualify as trivial! Well, done you - I hope you remind your sister regularly and get due praise :wink:

Right. When I read the topic my mind registered it as our most interesting trivia facts. Sorry! I'm more modest than that. Whoops. But thank you. :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm watching Dora the Explorer in Arabic and she's dressed up like a bee. No idea why, because I don't speak enough Arabic (my kids do though, it's them that's watching it, and me that's looking at it like :huh: wtf bee outfit????)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm watching Dora the Explorer in Arabic and she's dressed up like a bee. No idea why, because I don't speak enough Arabic (my kids do though, it's them that's watching it, and me that's looking at it like :huh: wtf bee outfit????)

LOL, I totally know what you mean. i used to do that, except they were watching it, learning spanish.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I played 5 pro Rugby League games, I got Man of the Match in 2 of these games.

I was never given a contract and was messed about, had to get a real job :(

7 years on I see guys I ran circles around been deemed 'the best' in the country

hand me a lemon!! lol
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I was 12, a local Dairy Queen had a contest to name a Banana Split. I entered and won the prize. It was a LIVE SPIDER MONKEY (to go with their promo--name the banana split and we'll put a monkey on your back). My Dad would take scrambled eggs from his breakfast plate when my Mom wasn't looking, and hand-feed it before he went to work in the morning. We kept it for 3 months, then finally gave it to a zoo.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    When I was in 6th grade, I wrote my elementary school's official school song. They kept that song for 6 years until they tore the school down in 1982.

The local high school marching band has created and performs an end zone dance during the 4th quarter of every varsity football game named after me, due to my crazy track lady public dancing. They started it years ago, and I heard about it three years later when a band member was graduating from high school. His mom told me.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a farm - was kind of indifferent then, really miss it now
    If I could afford to give up my job to do my veggie garden and sewing, I would in a heartbeat
    I had twin boys at 19 and wouldn't trade it for the world
    I now live on an island in the Lake Champlain Islands and wouldn't trade that either
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've never broken or sprained any joints or bones. Or had knee issues despite being obese for a decade.

I met my significant other working as a bagger in our grocery store. (in high school)

I was born in germany. I'm also full blooded german on my mother's side.

i lived with my grandparents for 6 years.

I'm the third generation of girls being the oldest of the grandchildren. I was hoping my oldest was a girl in part to keep this going, but he was a boy. He did look just like me in my baby pictures, and still is the only one of my 3 kids who looks like me at all. Also, i look very like both my mom and my dad's sister even though they aren't the same ethnicity.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Back in college,i introduced everyone to online gaming and made sure it became an obsession in 2-3 months time with everyone spending 5-6 hrs daily trying to improve their skills.I am pretty sure i am responsible for atleast 50-100 students failing their courses every year oopsie!
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I was born with heterochromia and a coloboma. My right eye is blue with a normal pupil and my left eye is green and the pupil is shaped like an upside down teardrop which stretches down to the bottom of my iris.
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    cool thread and good reads everyone!!! :D

I have studied in the martial arts for 8 years.

I am a rennaisance fair junkie/ pirate loving lass who enjoys LARPing and history!!! :D
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I traveled with the carnival for 5 years out of high school. I was general manager for a professional indoor football team. I once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. (Okay one of those is not true.)
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options

That is awesome! I saw Jello Biafra live last month. <---my trivial fact, I guess.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    One of my summer jobs in university was working as a scuba diver in a shopping mall. I kid you not.