I've grown a tail, and other weight-loss Issues

Options
124»

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love the book title!! Mine hurt, too, but went away as my body adjusted to the loss. For your arms - I like the Schick Intuition razors with the soapy stuff around the blades.
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've noticed lately it's not as comfortable to sit on a hard surface - I have no padding back there now and no matter how many zillions of butt exercises I do will never develop a butt it seems. Mine isn't so much the tail bone, more my upper leg/hip bones I feel. It's not painful per say but uncomforatable.

As far as the armpits - yes, same thing for me. I've had laser hair removal. I didn't find it painful - just a little zap - make sure you shave first - if there is hair there when you go, you will feel it more - that's when it hurts more. We do it at my office, so I didn't have to pay but it's a wonderful thing! There's also electrolysis (for light hair color) and dont' forget waxing or stuff like nair can work as well.

Good luck!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Me too! And when I dance I wear soft and flexible knee pads (unless the floor is padded).

I only notice bone issues when I am dancing, in some positions my tail bone will hurt on the floor (usually when it's something knew and perhaps I don't have proper form yet). Other bones only hurt when someone is rolling over top of me (maybe they are not carrying their weight correctly), while I am on the hard floor. Sometimes I get bruises.

What kind of dance are you doing? :huh: LOL!

It's contemporary dance and contact improvisation. I forgot some people are not familiar with the nature of these types of dance. I also dance with people that are new and learning and I'm small. Also, when rehearsing for performances I sometimes have to do the same movements over and over again for hours, for weeks. Bruises are a natural result of that. But, then the performances happen and we move on. Also, when I said that sometimes my tailbone hurts that is only during exercises (not actually dancing), sitting with legs bent, leaning back, and doing twisting motions with the torso (not touching the floor with the upper body).
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I was very slender as a kid (sure belied the way I ate--which was way too much often), and I remember people giving me "horse back rides" on their hands and knees would complain about my tailbone. I think I cracked or broke it coming down a slide once--I never went to the doctor, but I couldn't run for a few months.
  • Farrahrm
    Farrahrm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    At one point in my lifting career I was regularly leg-pressing 800lbs. Even then my butt never got big or anything? It's nice to know I'm not a freak of nature concerning the tailbone thing, in other areas of my life I'm sure that's still a real possibility,lol! ;).

On a side note, I now have a bruise on a bone that I never knew I had before (hip-bone). I ran into something and it hurt quite a bit...never had that problem before.

I'm not unhappy about the weightloss, just surprised about some of the side-effects. I very much appreciate all the great responses...you guys rock!