Just wondering how often everybody weighs themselves??

Options
I try and weigh myself once a week at the same time...what does everyone else do??

Replies

• BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    no more than once a week. and monthly measurements
  • Pfgirl2006
    Pfgirl2006 Posts: 9
    Options
    I do it every day, it's a sick habit and I try to only do it once a week but I usually fail and cave to see what it tells me
  • Misha6
    Misha6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I try to set my weigh-in day after my rest day to reduce water retention in my muscles.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Too often.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every Friday morning at the same time of day. Daily fluctuations can mess with your head; once a week is just about right IMO :)
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Once a week, pretty early in the morning before I've had anything to eat. It's funny how much your weight fluctuates within a single day. Like the other day I ate some ice cream and chili, went to sleep at 119, then the next day I'm 112.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I chart it in excel. I only take measurements every other week and as soon as my caliper arrives I will be doing that every other week as well. Small changes is weight don't bother me and I like to know when I'm retaining water.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I count my weigh in once a week, Sunday morning after getting out of bed and going to the bathroom... but, I am weak and usually step on it 2 or 3 times a week to see if I'm heading in the right direction.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    at least once a day. Not weighing myself ever is what resulted in my getting fat in the first place. I think this is the only way I'll ensure that I don't get fat again.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week as well. Seems sufficient to me.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    First of the morning every morning (just after I wake up and take a tinkle, lol). Wish I could just do it once a week but I just feel the need to see my daily progression.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Morning and night. Morning to enter into MFP and my spreadsheet. Night because I am always curious how much weight I lose overnight. I was surprised to learn that on average, I lose about 1.4 lbs while sleeping 6 hours. I should sleep more.

Blue is weight, red is weight lost. The big gap is my 7 month plateau when I stopped tracking.

Weightloss20130511.png
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I fully expect fluctuations based on water weight up to 4 pounds. I only record my Friday weight.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    once a month
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month...

I don't really scare what the scale says.
  • lucyszum
    lucyszum Posts: 3
    Options
    every day cant help it! :ohwell:
  • Mamahana82
    Mamahana82 Posts: 64
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week or two at my parents house when I go running with my mom. I don't have a scale in my house because I would easily obsess over the number on the scale. The numbers I focus on are my tape measurements and my run stats. It's working well so far!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily person. It took me a long time to be able to weigh daily without freaking out about it.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Every 4-6 weeks. I go to the doctor's office and use the BMI machine they have in the waiting room.