30 day shred, starting Monday, 13th May

Options
Hi guys, I'm starting 30ds on Monday, anybody interested in joining in? Looking for friends to share and compare the experience with :smile:

Replies

• Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Guess not :(
  • ejp123
    ejp123 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I started yesterday (Sunday 12th) so I will join in with you if that's alright! Starting at 138lbs(height 5'3, bmi 24.4).

I honestly found my first shred sooooo difficult. Each strength circuit killed me and I nearly gave up multiple times, but stuck with it. When Jillian mentions that 400lb people can do it, so can I!!

Good luck with your first shred :D
  • Melody3131
    Melody3131 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would be interested. :-)
    What do I need to do?
    Melody
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested as well
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was going to start it tomorrow as well before I saw this post. I just completed the Ripped in 30 DVD and now wanted to do this one.
  • greeneyedlady02
    greeneyedlady02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this. I was planning on starting it tomorrow as well. I've used it off and on in the last few years but never 30 days in a row. I remember using it and seeing good results just doing it two or three times a week. I lose motivation when my husband isn't doing it with me so I really need this thread!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    Cool! Glad to see some responses! I live in South Africa so there's a time delay, I started this morning! Arms are terribly sore.

SW - 200lbs
    Height - 5'5
    Bmi - 46.6

I also "plan" on doing Zumba in the evenings!

Not too worried about the weight right now, really want to see and feel the results!

So ladies, what's your starting stats and first day experiences?
  • pookey13
    pookey13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to start it tomorrow and join you guys for motivation if thats ok. I never heard of the 30 day shred before but it looks good. I was looking on google, is this the 3 level workout?
  • shelled
    shelled Posts: 31
    Options
    I've got the 30 day shred video from Jillian Michaels and I'm assuming this thread is referring to that? I want to join in too, except I'm still hurting from the ZWOW #3 I did on Friday... But count me in please! I will start on Tuesday if that's ok with you ladies. :)
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    Hi I would like to start it tomorrow and join you guys for motivation if thats ok. I never heard of the 30 day shred before but it looks good. I was looking on google, is this the 3 level workout?

No problem at all!
    Yes, 3 levels, you do 10 days of level one, then 10 days of level 2 followed by 10 days of level 3.

Lots of people have said that they didn't lose lots of weight but lost plenty of inches!!!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    Hi! I started yesterday (Sunday 12th) so I will join in with you if that's alright! Starting at 138lbs(height 5'3, bmi 24.4).

I honestly found my first shred sooooo difficult. Each strength circuit killed me and I nearly gave up multiple times, but stuck with it. When Jillian mentions that 400lb people can do it, so can I!!

Good luck with your first shred :D

It is hard, im also battling with a knee injury so i have to modify some of the workouts. trying to prepare myself for Insanity!!!!
  • AshleighCowie88
    AshleighCowie88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS again today - lost 1.5 stone last time! I'm going to be doing each level for 30 days but only 5 days a week (I'm dog sitting so will be doing a good 2 hours walk at the weekends.

SW: 202lbs
    Height: 5'8"
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS again today - lost 1.5 stone last time! I'm going to be doing each level for 30 days but only 5 days a week (I'm dog sitting so will be doing a good 2 hours walk at the weekends.

SW: 202lbs
    Height: 5'8"

Welcome aboard :)

I was also thinking for extended workouts but then i decided to do the whole thing and just keep repeating it until my fitness has improved
  • catemc26
    catemc26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting the 30 day shred tonight when I get back from work. Will post my stats this evening. We should post our stats after each level to stay motivated. x
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Started on Saturday. I should say I re-started as I tried last year and found that it was way too hard. I've lost nearly half of my target weight so I'm giving it another go. I think the hardest bit will be doing it every day in the evenings but need to keep telling myself it's ONLY for 30 days.

So .. I'm in.

I can already share that (due to long standing injuries), I'm currently doing the easier version of press-ups and butt-kicks.

Does anyone else find the scissor crunches particularly hard? I'm struggling with the technique and end up using my shoulders rather than my stomach to make the move.

(FYI I'm also doing Spin & power plates Mon, Fri & Sat mornings, X-Trainer & power plates, Tue, Wed, Thur)

SW: 175lb
    Height: 5'9""
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started last Wednesday and took yesterday off so am on Day 5, but if you don't mind me joining in I would love to have some support and motivation.

My Stats:

SW: 248.8
    H: 5' 5"
    Waist: 45"

I have other measurements recorded so will report on any loses at the end :)

I was finding it very hard on my knees and (to be honest) I cannot do jumping jacks and anything jumpy because of my Boobs :)

I have been just jogging on the spot but today I got my old step out (from my Cher Step days) and that worked me more than jogging on the spot. My Heart Rate Monitor showed a 50 calorie burn increase and about 5 fat gram increase, using the step - and my knees definitely thanked me for it :) So maybe those ladies with bad knees could try it with a step if you're struggling?

Also I would say that MFP over estimates how many calories you burn - at Level 1 I am averaging 200 calories - if that helps.

Looking forward to seeing how you all get on :)
  • suzmathew
    suzmathew Posts: 61
    Options
    i'm going to re-start this today, feel free to add me, we can support each other and hopefully stick to the 30 days!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    I've got the 30 day shred video from Jillian Michaels and I'm assuming this thread is referring to that? I want to join in too, except I'm still hurting from the ZWOW #3 I did on Friday... But count me in please! I will start on Tuesday if that's ok with you ladies. :)

No problem! You can be a cheerleader in the mean time!
  • sushiaushi
    sushiaushi Posts: 19
    Options
    Would love to do this! Is there a link? Also how do
    You add it in to the dairy?
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    Started on Saturday. I should say I re-started as I tried last year and found that it was way too hard. I've lost nearly half of my target weight so I'm giving it another go. I think the hardest bit will be doing it every day in the evenings but need to keep telling myself it's ONLY for 30 days.

So .. I'm in.

I can already share that (due to long standing injuries), I'm currently doing the easier version of press-ups and butt-kicks.

Does anyone else find the scissor crunches particularly hard? I'm struggling with the technique and end up using my shoulders rather than my stomach to make the move.

(FYI I'm also doing Spin & power plates Mon, Fri & Sat mornings, X-Trainer & power plates, Tue, Wed, Thur)

SW: 175lb
    Height: 5'9""

I also modify due to knee injury. its my 1st shot, i find everything hard :sad: