Options

Replies

• Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Would love to do this! Is there a link? Also how do
    You add it in to the dairy?

Hi :)

i have the dvds, but you can watch it free on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

I put it in as circuit
  • MrsMosoph
    MrsMosoph Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was going to start it today! :) I'll be doing Day 1 when I get home from work.

My stats are:

SW: 233lbs
    Height: 5' 8"
    BMI: Not sure atm but HIGH! lol

I tried it a week ago to see how hard it is and I thought it was pretty good! I enjoyed it and felt great afterwards but then fell ill so didnt carry on. Now Im fighting fit again and raring to go!! :)

x
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    i'm going to re-start this today, feel free to add me, we can support each other and hopefully stick to the 30 days!

Nopefully? No! We can and we WILL!!! Like someone has already mentioned, its ONLY 30 days :)
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've literally just finished my first day.

Feeling pretty sick... actually....:sick:
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    I started last Wednesday and took yesterday off so am on Day 5, but if you don't mind me joining in I would love to have some support and motivation.

My Stats:

SW: 248.8
    H: 5' 5"
    Waist: 45"

I have other measurements recorded so will report on any loses at the end :)

I was finding it very hard on my knees and (to be honest) I cannot do jumping jacks and anything jumpy because of my Boobs :)

I have been just jogging on the spot but today I got my old step out (from my Cher Step days) and that worked me more than jogging on the spot. My Heart Rate Monitor showed a 50 calorie burn increase and about 5 fat gram increase, using the step - and my knees definitely thanked me for it :) So maybe those ladies with bad knees could try it with a step if you're struggling?

Also I would say that MFP over estimates how many calories you burn - at Level 1 I am averaging 200 calories - if that helps.

Looking forward to seeing how you all get on :)

This mornings HRM reading was 268 calories burnt on my 1st day.
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    Hi, I was going to start it today! :) I'll be doing Day 1 when I get home from work.

My stats are:

SW: 233lbs
    Height: 5' 8"
    BMI: Not sure atm but HIGH! lol

I tried it a week ago to see how hard it is and I thought it was pretty good! I enjoyed it and felt great afterwards but then fell ill so didnt carry on. Now Im fighting fit again and raring to go!! :)

x

Yay! lots of support, no falling off the wagon this time!!!! :)
  • Need2lose456
    Options

Sick? oh no! i feel good, a bit sore, esp the arms, but no pain, no gain!!!

What symptoms are you suffering?
  • Rarity2013
    Options

Oh I literally feel physically sick- I was still catching my breath when I posted. I'm extremely sedentary, lazy and generally unfit. This is probably the first round of proper cardio exercise that I've done in the past 8 years. The strength training was fine for me because I am naturally muscular and do yoga, but the cardio.... dear God... the cardio...
  • Need2lose456
    Options

Oh I literally feel physically sick- I was still catching my breath when I posted. I'm extremely sedentary, lazy and generally unfit. This is probably the first round of proper cardio exercise that I've done in the past 8 years. The strength training was fine for me because I am naturally muscular and do yoga, but the cardio.... dear God... the cardio...

Well you are still alive, so that's a good sign! :laugh:

My husband says that while lying upstairs in bed this morning, he heard me grunting and panting all the way downstairs! :laugh:

I say by day 3/4 we should feel a bit better during the workout :) Just hang in there and don't throw in the towel. rather pause and rest if you really feel like you cant make it, but don't give up!
  • Rarity2013
    Options

Well you are still alive, so that's a good sign! :laugh:

My husband says that while lying upstairs in bed this morning, he heard me grunting and panting all the way downstairs! :laugh:

I say by day 3/4 we should feel a bit better during the workout :) Just hang in there and don't throw in the towel. rather pause and rest if you really feel like you cant make it, but don't give up!

Well, I feel better for a quick shower and several very large glasses of water!

Fingers crossed tomorrow will be less horrible!
  • Bonsaiiii
    Bonsaiiii Posts: 6
    Options
    I'll be starting this tonight. Eeek!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    I'll be starting this tonight. Eeek!

Dont be scared! Embrace the burn! :happy:
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was going to start today but I have a sortve a hangover after a migraine so tomorrow will have to do!Anybody have this problem I cant do jumping jacks,I mean I can physically do them alright but cannot control my bladder I can manage the rest fine!!!!
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was going to start today but I have a sortve a hangover after a migraine so tomorrow will have to do!Anybody have this problem I cant do jumping jacks,I mean I can physically do them alright but cannot control my bladder I can manage the rest fine!!!!

I find I job on the spot with high knee jogging. I cant do the jumping jacks as I have very bad knees and the impact kills.

I think the trick to to adapt to some other form of high intensity if there is something you cant do due to a medical reason. otherwise push hard and you will get thru. the first 2 days killed me...I have done 3 sessions however they are not consecutive as I do water aerobics 2x weekly.
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If I can get my dvd player working tonight when I get home I will join you, I bought it awhile ago but the dvd was broken so I haven't started...good luck!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    If I can get my dvd player working tonight when I get home I will join you, I bought it awhile ago but the dvd was broken so I haven't started...good luck!

If not, join in with the youtube vid for now :)
  • MrsMosoph
    MrsMosoph Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I defo wont be falling off this time! :) Between Feb and Aug last year I lost 25lb for my wedding. Day after the wedding the eating started again!! LOL We are off on holiday in Sept so I have 4 month to lose my first target which is 20lb. Hoping to lose 56lbs in total! x
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This mornings HRM reading was 268 calories burnt on my 1st day.

Yep, first day was 295 for me - 2nd day it went down to 175 :( huge drop but I think I was so sore I just wasn't putting my all into it :)

I felt sick the first day too...and am experiencing a lot of dizziness with the getting up and down - and, by the time I've got off the floor Jillian and her best girls have done two or three reps ...lol!!!

I have lost 2 or 3 inches off my waist though - and that's after 5 days!!! I am so looking forward to the end results.

Keep telling yourself it will be over in 25 minutes...

What size weights are people using? I bought some 3Kg ones - they are a wee bit heavy but 1 & 2 k felt too easy...
  • preeti77
    preeti77 Posts: 18
    Options
    Add me to the list too!!
    SW: 252
    Height: 5'8"
    BMI - Must be high

Add me for support too :)
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it recently. Started at the end of April and did it for 11 days straight and then missed a day and haven't been doing it everyday since but have still been doing it every other day or so as well as walking and swimming.

I read yesterday that while doing a Podcast, Jillian was asked how often the 30DS should be done and she said that she recommends 2 days of the shred, one day of cardio, 2 days of the shred, one day of cardio and then a rest day.

Apparently her marketing company came up with the name 30 Day Shred and she feels a rest day is very important. Thought that might be useful for some people who usually take rest days or who are worried that everyday might be a bit much! I know I do, I was coping fine doing it everyday but I guess you do need to allow your muscles to heal for a day! :)

P.S On Day 11 I attempted to do Level 2 but didn't feel that I was ready for it. I could only do half of the exercises to an extent that I could say that I'd worked out for 20 minutes so I'm back to doing Level 1 now as I'd rather do 20 minutes of proper exercise than 20 minutes of half assed exercise which I'm not overly capable of doing! Haha