• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Feta <3

and avocado :)
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i just bought something weird for my salad - at least it seemed kinda weird! it was a bag of broccoli slaw. i guess you are supposed to add stuff to it to make cole slaw. but instead, i topped my salad with it! it was pretty delish and i think it satisfied the need for some extra crunch.

i love me some carrots and chic peas and hard boiled eggs and broccoli (non-slaw lol) and lots of lettuce and corn and black beans and cucumbers and avocados and red onions and cheese....*drool*
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Spring mix, feta cheese, apples, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds or almonds with a balsmic dressing or

Spring mix, olives, avocado, black beans, corn limebjuicenand salsa yum
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love, delicate baby spinach as my salad base topped with chopped onions, avocado, pear & poppy seed dressing, yum yum.

Another is chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives and kind, red, yellow or green peppers, tossed with greek dressing & feta cheese. NO GREENS, Just chunky salad…voila`

Another is Costcos Sweet Kale Salad

And yet another twist, make your favourite salad and at the end toss with coleslaw, it reminds me of that applebee's salad minus the tons of fat!!

Cheers:drinker:
  • scrap
    scrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Citrus (1/2 cutie or mineola)
    Fresh herbs
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love chicken taco salad! Lots of lettuce with some chicken, corn, black beans, tortilla strips and sometimes a little shredded cheese. I mix salsa with fat free ranch for the dressing. So good! I also really like spinach with pears/ apples/ strawberries/ blueberries with chicken, crumbled blue cheese, walnuts/ pecans, and a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Meat - lean steak strips with greek olives, feta, and a vinaigrette.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Been making spinach salads lately and topping it off with:

Garlic stuffed olives (get mine from Trader Joe's)
    Sun dried tomatoes
    Feta cheese
    Homemade spicy salsa
    Stacy's Pita Chips
    Lowfat cottage cheese
    Broccomole (!)--great recipe posted here somewhere
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just bought something weird for my salad - at least it seemed kinda weird! It was a bag of broccoli slaw. I guess you are supposed to add stuff to it to make cole slaw. but instead, i topped my salad with it! It was pretty delish and i think it satisfied the need for some extra crunch.
    I love broccoli slaw! Rather than using it as a garnish, I'll use it as my entire salad base, with just Kalamata olives and some light dressing.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Chili powder!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Porterhouse

or

NY Strip

or

Prime Rib

or

Whole Chicken

Wait...I think I'm doing this wrong.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Black Beans!

raw: broc, tomato, onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, cucumber, grated carrot, lettuce, a dollop of sour cream, salt

that's my usual.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I really like the broccoli slaw idea!
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Avocado. I like to add a slice of bacon too sometimes.