Fixs for chocolate cravings?

Options
Hello so I am new to the website. But I have a problem. I love sweets and most of all chocolate and peanut butter. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas that would be beneficial to me that could be like a good recipe of something I can make or buy at the grocery store that can satisfy my chocolate craving without having to spend 280 of my calories on just a little package of reeses?

Replies

• endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's makes yummy chocolate. I buy it as dark as I can stand, and eat a little piece when I feel the urge (or however much fits my macros that day). I store the extra in a ziplock. The advantage of darker chocolate is that it is harder to eat too much of it...way too rich, so that's a calorie bonus right there. If you like the peanut butter taste you could melt it with some real PB.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    This will sound funny, but there are coco puffs cereal bars that are around 100 calories.......very chocolatey.
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    Fiber One makes these awesome chocolate and peanut butter granola bars. 90 calories. It satisfies my cravings (I am a peanut butter addict).

You could also make a smoothie. They make this powdered peanut butter called PB2 that is great in a smoothie. I make one with light vanilla yogurt, a small frozen banana, a tablespoon of choclate syrup, and 2 Tbs. PB2- the smoothie is only about 250 calories, and I drink it for breakfast because it's filling.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    chcolate shakeology - this is my breakfast so I get dessert for breakfast each day!

cocoa almonds...those are my candy!
  • shocking456
    shocking456 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A glass of chocolate milk made with 2 % milk can usually pull me through. That little bit of extra fat makes it seem a tad more decadent for me =)
  • thatrachelallen
    Options
    I ADORE my Chocolate Shakeology with PB2, really helps with cravings. And Cool Mint Clif Builder Bars taste like a Thin Mint candy bar! Delicious!
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird but its amazing. Put about 10 frozen strawberries, 1 1/2 cups of cold water, and diet hot chocolate mix into a blender. Blend it up and enjoy. It literally taste just like eating chocolate strawberries and since its got water added it also fills you up with a lot less calories than munchin on cookies or chocolate bars.:smile:
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I always have a bag of the Ghiradelli chocolate (60% cacao) baking chips in the freezer. As soon as I get them, I put each serving in a snack bag and grab one when I want chocolate. 16 chips is 80 calories & 6 grams of fat (I am always under my fat macro--so the higher fat grams don't bother me). They are very rich and satisfy my chocolate craving.
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I used to buy south beach diet chocolate meal bars and when I craved chocolate i'd trade in a meal for one. It seemed to work, although they don't fill you up real fast and the chocolate tastes different than say a twix or kit kat bar, but you do get used to it. (=
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I like Simply Lite's sugar free dark chocolate. Very tasty stuff.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Sliced banana, frozen or not, drizzled with a bit of chocolate syrup or melted chocolate.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use lindt 85% dark chocolate and better than peanutbutter low sodium spread, takes care of that reeses carving
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow divine filled chocolates with caramel. 130 calories per serving and so rich you won't want more than that.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Bliss dark chocolates. And I totally agree with the earlier post about Fiber One's 90 calorie PB and Chocolate bars.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I'd say stop eating any "junk" until you have control over yourself.

or exercise more to make up the calories.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered Almonds from Emerald, they come in 100 calorie packs and are very good!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i make a protein shake. i use 8 ounces of vanilla almond milk, 1/3 of a cup of dry oats, 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder, two table spoons of peanut butter, and a banana. make it in a blender and enjoy. it is chocolate peanut buttery and filling.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Banana - 7- 8 Inches, 1 banana
    Sunspire - Vegan Carob Chips, 1 TBSP or 1 TBSP of Dark Chocolate Chips 60% or more cacao (Ghirardelli)
    C & F Foods Inc. - Nature's Wild Grains - Chia Seed, Premium Black, - 1 TSP
    Blue Diamond Almond Breeze - Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened 30 Cal Almond Milk, 1 cup (240mL)

Add Ingredients to a blender (NutriBullet is what I have) and enjoy

PS - I usually place the chips in a plastic baggie and hit them with a mallet which helps them blend and not stay as chips.

Total: 213 37 8 3 182 6
    Per Serving: 213 37 8 3 182 6
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Raw vegan powdered cocoa powder in a shake with strawberries, almond milk and a banana! Fabulous AND healthy unlike dairy ;) And don't worry about peanut butter..if you are eating sugar free, salt free peanut butter it is healthy as it's actually more like a lentil or a pulse...healthy and tasty :)