Fixs for chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A big teaspoon of sgraight cocoa powder in hot water with a sugar and a dash of milk. Make it strong. If that doesn't fix your chocolate craving, then you must be craving something else.
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Raw vegan powdered cocoa powder in a shake with strawberries, almond milk and a banana! Fabulous AND healthy unlike dairy ;)

Dairy is unfairly demonized, mainly among the vegan population. I am not buying into unless someone has sensitivity to dairy products.

benefits-of-milk.jpg

A good documentary on the subject is "Got the Facts on Milk" (2011):
    https://mega.co.nz/#!p0UXiJ7Z!RLMRpmlfKZyTnNjFYbcW4mq6vronvqKlrT5lE38XN-4
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Atkins makes a peanut butter cup like Recees. 160 Calories per pack and they are sugar free. I like them better than the actual Recees ones (not as overpoweringly sweet).
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    chcolate shakeology - this is my breakfast so I get dessert for breakfast each day!

cocoa almonds...those are my candy!

Cocoa Roast almost are AMAZING!! I love them :) I have seen a lot of people mention this Shakeology what is it?
    www.shakeology.com

it's the best meal of the day!!!! Seriously, I have used it for 3 years now and have never felt better in my life.
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter Luna protein bars.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Add cocoa powder to your favorite instant oatmeal.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cows are wonderful! 110-150 calories for a giant ice cream bar or ice cream sandwich

If you want chocolate, I suggest dark chocolate as it has many nutritional benefits.

To satisfy my chocolate cravings, I have herbalife protein/healthy meal shakes and the flavor I get is chocolate cookies and cream. it's like having a milkshake 4 times a week, but to lose weight haha. It's my breakfast after my gym time.

To satisfy my peanut butter problem I have a sandwich. I was told by my nutritionist, I could not have made a healthier sandwich. It's whole wheat/whole grain/rye bread 2 tbsp of all-natural low sodium JIF peanut butter (1 tbsp per slice of bread) and slices of banana between the peanut butter. It's very filling. I usually will have a side of veggies and it makes a great lunch/dinner. It's a little more calories (~460 calories) but has so many nutritional benefits!
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    another vote for really dark chocolate. a small piece satisfies me, sometimes i eat it with peanut butter too.
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello so I am new to the website. But I have a problem. I love sweets and most of all chocolate and peanut butter. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas that would be beneficial to me that could be like a good recipe of something I can make or buy at the grocery store that can satisfy my chocolate craving without having to spend 280 of my calories on just a little package of reeses?

A couple ounces of dark chocolate almond milk does it for me.
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein powder + 1 Tbsp PB2 + a couple Tbsp of water.
  • misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Try nutrition bars like Clif bars or Lara bars. There are definitely chocolate flavours, so you can have chocolate, but they are super filling and filled with all sorts of nutrients. They're high calorie, and thats really the only thing I don't like about them.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I indulge it- I like dark chocolate, I like milk chocolate too, but most of the time I want dark. So the little lindt bars or a couple of dark chocolate kisses- I like the little pre-packaged ones so that I can stretch them out through the day. I just make sure it fits w/ in my goal.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    BSN Lean Dessert chocolate pudding flavor... yummmm
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I like a bit of the Green and Black's 85% dark chocolate. I find I can eat just a little bit of that and it doesn't send me into chocolate crazy town.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate bran muffin recipe that I have been making since my weight watcher days almost 10 yrs ago.. they come to about 150 cal per muffin for 24 servings or 175 cal per muffin for 20 servings and they freeze and reheat super well. You'd never know there was bran in it. I am a HUGE chocoholic and these really curb my cravings, just do not gorge yourself on these because you WILL regret it LOL. Best eaten warm :bigsmile:

Chocolate Bran Muffins

1 pkg Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (Dry Mix only!!)
    3 cups All Bran or generic Bran Flakes (NOT Fiber One.. it does weird things lol)
    2.5 cups water
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    6 oz Nestle Mini chocolate chips

Combine cereal, baking powder & water in a bowl and let soak for 5-10 min. Mix in dry brownie mix, fold in chocolate chips. Divide into muffin cups and bake at 350 for 18-20 min.

**1/4 cup batter for 24 muffins or 1/3 cup batter for 20 muffins.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I love cereal bars, hate all the crap they put in them. I usually go with dark chocolate, or I just save up and eat whatever, and if you're trying to avoid peanuts, there are other nut butters out there (sunflower, almond, cashew) that are still good for you, have protein, and if you're running low on calories, are an excellent boost. Sometimes I just have a spoon of cashew butter for dessert. Yum. It's ok to have some of what you want, it's just moderation is the key, and making caloric-room for it. Or just go for it, otherwise you may binge eat a carton of chocolate ice cream.
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to fiber one. Tried Special K but am bias...

Fiber One makes these awesome chocolate and peanut butter granola bars. 90 calories. It satisfies my cravings (I am a peanut butter addict).

You could also make a smoothie. They make this powdered peanut butter called PB2 that is great in a smoothie. I make one with light vanilla yogurt, a small frozen banana, a tablespoon of choclate syrup, and 2 Tbs. PB2- the smoothie is only about 250 calories, and I drink it for breakfast because it's filling.
  • kimerz7
    kimerz7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like the Deep Chocolate Vitatops. They've got a good amount of fiber so they're filling! I don't have any of those in the house right now and I've had the chocolate cravings all weekend so it's been cocoa pebbles for me. Not the healthiest but it worked for the craving!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    chocolate PB2
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of the other responses, but my go-to's for chocolate are one or two Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses or a Chocolate Rice cake. The kisses are only 20 calories each and the rice cake is only 60.