Waist sizes

Options
13»

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    25 inches at 5'10.
    I have no aspiration to aim for a Barbie doll waist size.
    It is as bad as obsessing over the number on the scale. No one else cares what size your waist is.
    But those with eating disorders do tend to obsess over their waist size a lot, that much I do know well.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    genuinly shocked..

my partner has a 26 inch waist and perfectly flat stomach hour glass shape and would be a bag of bones if she dropped to a 24 so why are any of you on a diet forum trying for smaller waists ????

I don't know, since this is a fitness site and I am active I log workouts and make fitness goals for myself. I will probably lose at least an inch or more, but I know my body and build so....
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Compared to a lot of people I feel very big, but 29.5 inches. I'm not really sure what I want to get down to. I'm built rather broadly so realistically I know I'm never going to look or be healthy at something absurdly low, but it'd be great to be around 25 inches.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~28 now but in this picture, 29 or 30
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Its 36 inches right now. The smallest my waist can get before my ribs show is 33 inches. I have an oddly wide waist for a woman. I have scoliosis so maybe thats why. My ribs nearly touch my hips so there is no real space for there to be a smaller part below them. My goal is prolly gonna be 34 inches.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    genuinly shocked..

my partner has a 26 inch waist and perfectly flat stomach hour glass shape and would be a bag of bones if she dropped to a 24 so why are any of you on a diet forum trying for smaller waists ????

Your partner probably has a slightly bigger rib cage than people with a smaller waist. It's bone structure. My rib cage is 26 inches, so my waist is 23 inches and my hips/booty are 34 inches. I'm not trying to get a smaller waist. I'm just working on fitness. I always had a 22 to 23 inch waist. After having babies it was 25, then 24, now back to 23. Everyone needs to work on fitness. It's about being fit, not getting smaller or losing weight. Weight loss is not my goal. The measurements don't matter. Your partner is fit and beautiful. And smaller people are as well. We can't change our genetics. Honestly, you are being a bit ignorant. My husband would not go on to a fitness website and compare the women to me. I'd be shocked if he did.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    25 inches at 5'10.
    It is as bad as obsessing over the number on the scale. No one else cares what size your waist is.
    But those with eating disorders do tend to obsess over their waist size a lot, that much I do know well.

I care because I'm into wearing corsets. I doubt if anyone else cares. I definitely don't have an eating disorder, nor am I obsessed. Judgmental much?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I started out with a 35" waist. It's 27" and I have come to accept the fact the fact that it won't get any smaller. It's my bone structure - there's no fat whatsoever on my mid section - it's all muscle and bone. My BMI is 18.5, so obviously I don't want to lose any more weight. My other measurements are pretty small (33" hips and 19" thighs), so it's all good.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    33.5-34 currently seems to vary sometimes but either way my goal is about 31-32. I'm 5'10.Forgot to say I started at about 37.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Okay, so most of the numbers are in the 20's... Mine measured 33" this morning. That's down an inch in the past month. My goal is 28 inches. I think that's what I was in high school. At least, I'd love to get there. I haven't been there for a long time. Maybe I'll have to settle for 30", considering that I've had 3 kids and may have more, but at least I'm losing, so I'll be happy with whatever I can get!
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    25 inches at 5'10.

I care because I'm into wearing corsets. I doubt if anyone else cares. I definitely don't have an eating disorder, nor am I obsessed. Judgmental much?

Totally agree with this. Also 25inch waist is small. There wasn't many people in the post aiming for smaller.
    I am aiming for 22inches but Im already 23 so I don't think its unrealistic. Also at 5'10 you are taller than most so 25 inches is around the same as 23 is for me at 5ft5
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    26, but I REALLY want to be 24.5. It is so annoying I gain all my weight in my stomach and bloat at the slightest morsel of food.
  • mcarleno
    mcarleno Posts: 1
    Options
    how tall are you?