90 days down, 50 lbs gone!

Options
May 12, 2013
Update: Well friends today marks day 90 of this amazing life long journey. It has not been easy in fact, it has been an emotional roller coaster. All I can say is I do not even feel like me, I am a new me and I feel more amazing than i have in my whole life. I have worked my *kitten* off exercising and watched every single thing i have put in my mouth for the past three months. I have also been smoke free as well as alcohol free for 90 days. I dont know how the heck I did it honestly all at the same time but I guess failing just was not an option anymore. I have gone from only being able to jog for 45 seconds max before my asthma would kick in to running five miles non-stop. I used to be the person that would spend hours looking at inspirational videos or pictures of people to try and get inspired and now, it is my turn to inspire. Please feel free to add me, I will help in whatever way I can to motivate you to have this wonderful amazing feeling. You deserve it, you ARE good enough :D Thanks for looking!

3monthmark.jpg

April 03, 2013 10:21

Update: I posted my one month progress and I was going to wait until I reached 2 months to post again but after my weekly weigh in and pics I was too excited to wait! I even just got back from vacation for a week and still managed to have success :) Thanks for looking!

Posted March 11:
Ok so recently I hit my breaking poing with how I was feeling about myself and my eating habits were out of control. I knew that eating helathy and exercising alone was not going to help me because I felt like I have been trying my whole life. Knowing that my overeating was linked to my emotions I decided I was going to get all the help I could get and that once I was open and accepted that I had a problem it would be easier to deal with things.
So started going to overeaters anonymous, seeing a therapist, a nutrionist, counting every single thing I ate, planned every meal and snack the night before and started working out three times a week. In the last couple weeks I have increased my workouts and I do not eat all of my exercise cals back but most of them.
I have cut out refined sugar by about 95%, stopped drinking, eat whole grains proteins and try to only eat healthy carbs. All I can say is why didn't I try this sooner.
Some people (including me) fail and try and fail and try and for me I knew I needed more and I needed professional help.
It is kind of rediculous but in one month I have dropped 28 lbs. I feel incredible! I know I will start to plateau at any day but I am not worried about it I just have to take it one day at a time.
I think the most shocking part for me was realizing how much I was actually eating before to keep me at this weight and continue to gain.
I feel like I dont have to hide anymore and everyday I wake up with a smile on my face, I don't cry all the time feeling sorry for myself and I am actually happy. This is only the beginning of an amazing journey and I can only say it is so worth it but the it is your decision you have to want it.
Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you go girl!!!
  • SueFromRI
    SueFromRI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference in the photos. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful tattoo to show off.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    Whoa! Great work! Take me to school! Well done!
  • MissTanyaz
    MissTanyaz Posts: 17
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress, you look amazing. A huge inspiration!
  • purplespeckle
    purplespeckle Posts: 652
    Options
    That's awesome! So inspirational!
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    You look amazing and have had such fabulous results. Keep up the good work. Very inspiring!!!
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Your progress is very impressive! Congrats! You're doing amazing.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference! Can't wait to see your next update.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    wow such amazing pics, I have been on 130 days and would love to have progress like yours, you are inspiring to show me in time I will get there too. Thanks
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! :heart: :drinker:
  • rntab2003
    rntab2003 Posts: 1
    Options
    How many calories were you eating per day?
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    looking good lady!! :)))
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    looking great! loving those tattoos also
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You have done so well in three months - you must be very proud of yourself, and feeling great.

LOVE your tattoos as well :smile:
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, good going! Thanks for sharing your photos and motivating so many of us :flowerforyou: Keep up your hard work, it suits you well !
  • merseyblue
    merseyblue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done you. What an inspiration - and to quit smoking at the same time - you're a stronger woman than me :)

You look so happy!!!

PS. Nice tat x
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing.
  • amywishart98
    amywishart98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing! You can tell as well how much happy you feel. You really are an inspiration as well!
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!, how awesome.
    You have such determination..wish I could borrow half....lol

Congratulations.
    Hope I am as successful, if not in the same time frame.

Mary
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!