90 days down, 50 lbs gone!

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    :smokin: hot and :heart: your ink! Congrats on the :smokin: cessation and on stopping :drinker: ! You are an inspiration for me to do more!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Wow, very nice work!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Oh
    My
    Goodness
    !

50 lbs in 90 days! That's almost a pound every other day! That is crazy awesome hard work and dedication right there! You look fantastic, congrats on your healthy lifestyle!!!
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That is truly remarkable progress! Congratulations you look amazing and are quite the inspiration!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    May 12, 2013
    Update: Well friends today marks day 90 of this amazing life long journey. It has not been easy in fact, it has been an emotional roller coaster. All I can say is I do not even feel like me, I am a new me and I feel more amazing than i have in my whole life. I have worked my *kitten* off exercising and watched every single thing i have put in my mouth for the past three months. I have also been smoke free as well as alcohol free for 90 days. I dont know how the heck I did it honestly all at the same time but I guess failing just was not an option anymore. I have gone from only being able to jog for 45 seconds max before my asthma would kick in to running five miles non-stop. I used to be the person that would spend hours looking at inspirational videos or pictures of people to try and get inspired and now, it is my turn to inspire. Please feel free to add me, I will help in whatever way I can to motivate you to have this wonderful amazing feeling. You deserve it, you ARE good enough :D Thanks for looking!

3monthmark.jpg

April 03, 2013 10:21

Update: I posted my one month progress and I was going to wait until I reached 2 months to post again but after my weekly weigh in and pics I was too excited to wait! I even just got back from vacation for a week and still managed to have success :) Thanks for looking!

Posted March 11:
    Ok so recently I hit my breaking poing with how I was feeling about myself and my eating habits were out of control. I knew that eating helathy and exercising alone was not going to help me because I felt like I have been trying my whole life. Knowing that my overeating was linked to my emotions I decided I was going to get all the help I could get and that once I was open and accepted that I had a problem it would be easier to deal with things.
    So started going to overeaters anonymous, seeing a therapist, a nutrionist, counting every single thing I ate, planned every meal and snack the night before and started working out three times a week. In the last couple weeks I have increased my workouts and I do not eat all of my exercise cals back but most of them.
    I have cut out refined sugar by about 95%, stopped drinking, eat whole grains proteins and try to only eat healthy carbs. All I can say is why didn't I try this sooner.
    Some people (including me) fail and try and fail and try and for me I knew I needed more and I needed professional help.
    It is kind of rediculous but in one month I have dropped 28 lbs. I feel incredible! I know I will start to plateau at any day but I am not worried about it I just have to take it one day at a time.
    I think the most shocking part for me was realizing how much I was actually eating before to keep me at this weight and continue to gain.
    I feel like I dont have to hide anymore and everyday I wake up with a smile on my face, I don't cry all the time feeling sorry for myself and I am actually happy. This is only the beginning of an amazing journey and I can only say it is so worth it but the it is your decision you have to want it.
    Thanks for listening :)

Wow..sexy face, sexy body at 210...keep going girl, you are going to be a baddie beast, you already have a gorgeous face! Good luck!
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! :) Great job!
  • Angiebabe2
    Angiebabe2 Posts: 25
    Options
    I too needed to do more than eat less move more and got help from others and for me too this is the first time I have kept the process going - 66lbs and counting. - half lost pre mfp. Good nutrition was really important for me every calorie had to count not just fill me up and I think that contributes to the feel good factor it snt just pounds lost.

Really impressed by what you have done!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Your pics are so inspiring! I weigh 260 and am trying to get down to 160. I have lost 4lbs in 2 weeks. How did you lose 28lb in a month so fast?!

^^^this
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    you look great!! awesome job!!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Outstanding and so inspirering! Well done!
  • jadelunar
    jadelunar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit baffled that you were able to lose 1/2 lb to 1 lb per day. In order to do so you would need to maintain a deficit of 1750 to 3500 calories PER DAY. How much were you were working out? If you ate 1500 calories per day, you'd have to burn upwards of 3250 calories on the days you lost 1/2 lb, and a 5000 calorie burn on the days you lost 1 lb per day. Just curious what you were doing and how you achieved this. Congrats on your success!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fantastic!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Great success! Love your tat too!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bump- a r-roonie! Gotta showmy friend! What kind of workouts do you do? How many days....durations ect?
  • virgolove34
    virgolove34 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good job girl. You look great. I'm around 260 now and cant wait to get back to 210. Keep up the good work.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You are lookin' HOT girl!!! Damn!! Keep it up!! :drinker:
  • sarahsunshine1217
    sarahsunshine1217 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As far as losing weight fast in the beginning. I cut off all my friends for a month, I stopped drinking, smoking eating out anywhere, and planned packed every snack and meal the night before and had it with me EVERYWHERE i went. Honestly I think that having a life of sitting at work and eating who knows how many calories all the time for the last five years to watching everything I ate and then two weeks later doing one pinterest workout once a day it just started melting off. I slept about 10 hours a night, got up drive 45 min to work sat in a chair for 9 hours, then drove 45 min home made dinner and sat on the couch. Then I did it all over again.
    I didn't watch TV anymore and I didnt even lick anything bad.... I refused to eat diet snacks too. No diet chips or cookies or anything . I notice there is way too much sodium in those things. I think just hitting rock bottom to where my fiance made me promise that I would see a therapist it made me scared. I had never felt.so low, unattractive and unhappy like I did on the day I broke down. I haven't been back since. Every time you work out you need to do it harder than you ever have. You have to work for it just as bad as you want it. After you notice you get used to something then increase it. Don't do the same thing everyday.
    I don't want to cause any issues on here by saying the way I did things is the way to do it because it will be different for everyone. I didn't expect to lose this much so fast. I did not even think that I would lose 10 lbs a month. I do burn 5-800 calories every time i work out. I do not eat all my burned calories back. It is my preference and it works for me. If I am hungry then I eat more. I stay between 1300 cals to 1600 cals a day.
    I listen to what my body is telling me. If I go out to eat now I am one of those anal people who ask for a nutrition facts menu now. If it is within my range I eat the whole meal if not I eat half.
    I hope this info helped answer some questions. Maybe I am not doing everything by the MFP book as far as the TDEE and such but I am doing a hundred times better than I was before and it is working for me. :) I did not realize I would get so many comments. Thank you so much everyone :)
    Last thing. When I first started I found this workout on pinterest caled the 1000 calorie workout. Who knows if it really burned that but I started doing it everyday. It would take me an hour at first and my body was sooooo sore but I kept doing it. Once I got to where it took 30 min I switched it up. After a month of pinterest workouts I started doing the elliptical for 30 min. After I week I increased it to 45 min. After another week I increased the resistance. Now I do the elliptical with intervals and I love the treadmill. I do weights but I am still a beginner at that because I dont really know what I am doing. I do a lot of you tube workout videos too :) Especially the ten minute ab workouts.
    I will need to switch up to more weights soon so I can really start toning but I will get there. Just take it one day at a time :) It takes 21 days to break a habit they say :)
  • EmmaJackson130
    EmmaJackson130 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    just simply you are amazing, well done and great ink too :)
  • VandaRee
    VandaRee Posts: 8
    Options
    You look great! In only 90 days??/ WOW
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!