Post baby P90X Complete - (w/ PICS)

Options
1luckygal
1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
Well,.. it's been a heck of a long 90 days! I had a baby last June, got to an all time high in my weight. I had had enough. I wanted to jump right in and so I did - with P90X. My diet was ok the 1st month, better the 2nd and good the 3rd (still could improve).

I have PCOS and was on Metformin but wasn't losing ANY Weight or seeing any changes at all... I sought out a nutritionist and he told me that he didn't think I needed to be on Metformin - I DONT RECOMMEND THIS ( I was on Metformin to stop miscarriages, not for sugar problems) - but since my Dr.s wouldn't listen to me I decided to just stop taking it for a week or 2 to see what my body would do and if got worse I would just start taking it again. It responded greatly! It wasn't until the last 3 weeks (since I've been off the meds) that I actually lost weight and inches. I only lost 3lbs throughout the whole process, but know I've gained strength (which means muscle!) and lost several inches. I wonder what my body would have done had I stopped taking the medicine earlier....

But - here they are... my 90 Day results! Can't wait to see what round 2 will bring!

6b6e404e-0e3d-4c61-92f7-edac04ab8809_zpsbcd9130c.jpg

2d74576b-ee70-44c7-a221-3f28d9fb0de9_zps3eac8aa8.jpg

ad52c881-bcc1-43fe-acf0-747e74d6017f_zps59fb7bd7.jpg

6e638161-5143-49e1-833e-111edc39307f_zps1f1867b8.jpg

Replies

• Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    WOW! First off, congrats on your amazing success! I like that reiterated the point that you only lost 3 lbs, but as you can see in the pics, you've toned up a lot! Great reminder that the scale doesn't rule all, as you look like you lost a heck lot more.

Was it really difficult? I've been eyeing p90x as the next step, but I've been a little scared. I'm no newbie to working out, I guess afraid that I couldn't finish it.

Kudos for taking your health in your own hands, very inspiring! Happy Mother's Day!
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    First - thanks!!! :)

And second - if I can do it, I promise you can do it too!!!! :)
    WOW! First off, congrats on your amazing success! I like that reiterated the point that you only lost 3 lbs, but as you can see in the pics, you've toned up a lot! Great reminder that the scale doesn't rule all, as you look like you lost a heck lot more.

Was it really difficult? I've been eyeing p90x as the next step, but I've been a little scared. I'm no newbie to working out, I guess afraid that I couldn't finish it.

Kudos for taking your health in your own hands, very inspiring! Happy Mother's Day!
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    expand on your results. how many pushups can you do? pullups? can you do the squat thing from yoga? awesome work. maybe I will post my pics too once I finish.
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    I started out not being able to do a single real pushup - my last workout i did over 160! Pull ups - still hate them! I use a chair but have gone from needing both feet on the chair to only 1. Yoga - many of the poses are easier but still struggle with my balance on many! :)
    expand on your results. how many pushups can you do? pullups? can you do the squat thing from yoga? awesome work. maybe I will post my pics too once I finish.
  • autopilot_on
    autopilot_on Posts: 388
    Options
    You are awesome! Round 2 is going to be great!
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great job. I can see where you toned up a lot. I can see great changes even though you say you did not eat the healthiest during the 90 days. Today is day 70 of P90X for me. I have been strict with myself on eating healthier. This makes a world of difference. Eating healthy is more critical then the exercise. I would 70 to 80% is your diet and 20 to 30% is the exercise.

Eating healthy makes a huge difference. I am glad to see that you made improvements in your eating each phase.

If you do another round I bet your results will even be more outstanding. Great job on completing.
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job on completing it!!! Bet you feel proud :)

I can see a big difference in the pics!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your transformation and progress...very inspirational. :smile:

8488541.png
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    Thanks! I know diet is critical - I tossed around so many different things trying to find what amount of calories works best for me but months 2 and 3 of eating were cleaner than I've eaten in years :) Next round though I think I've got it figured out so i'm excited to see the next set of 90 day pics! :)

Congrats on almost finishing your round of P90X !!! Maybe i'll catch up with you on round 2! :)
    Great job. I can see where you toned up a lot. I can see great changes even though you say you did not eat the healthiest during the 90 days. Today is day 70 of P90X for me. I have been strict with myself on eating healthier. This makes a world of difference. Eating healthy is more critical then the exercise. I would 70 to 80% is your diet and 20 to 30% is the exercise.

Eating healthy makes a huge difference. I am glad to see that you made improvements in your eating each phase.

If you do another round I bet your results will even be more outstanding. Great job on completing.
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    Thanks! Not sure what you've done - but your transformation pic in your profile pic is amazing! Great job to you too!
    congratulations on your transformation and progress...very inspirational. :smile:

8488541.png
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    Thanks! I really do! I didn't think that I could ever do P90X - especially as my first real workout after having a baby!
    Great job on completing it!!! Bet you feel proud :)

I can see a big difference in the pics!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!