Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Post baby P90X Complete - (w/ PICS)

1luckygal
1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
Well,.. it's been a heck of a long 90 days! I had a baby last June, got to an all time high in my weight. I had had enough. I wanted to jump right in and so I did - with P90X. My diet was ok the 1st month, better the 2nd and good the 3rd (still could improve).

I have PCOS and was on Metformin but wasn't losing ANY Weight or seeing any changes at all... I sought out a nutritionist and he told me that he didn't think I needed to be on Metformin - I DONT RECOMMEND THIS ( I was on Metformin to stop miscarriages, not for sugar problems) - but since my Dr.s wouldn't listen to me I decided to just stop taking it for a week or 2 to see what my body would do and if got worse I would just start taking it again. It responded greatly! It wasn't until the last 3 weeks (since I've been off the meds) that I actually lost weight and inches. I only lost 3lbs throughout the whole process, but know I've gained strength (which means muscle!) and lost several inches. I wonder what my body would have done had I stopped taking the medicine earlier....

But - here they are... my 90 Day results! Can't wait to see what round 2 will bring!

6b6e404e-0e3d-4c61-92f7-edac04ab8809_zpsbcd9130c.jpg

2d74576b-ee70-44c7-a221-3f28d9fb0de9_zps3eac8aa8.jpg

ad52c881-bcc1-43fe-acf0-747e74d6017f_zps59fb7bd7.jpg

6e638161-5143-49e1-833e-111edc39307f_zps1f1867b8.jpg

Replies

• Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    WOW! First off, congrats on your amazing success! I like that reiterated the point that you only lost 3 lbs, but as you can see in the pics, you've toned up a lot! Great reminder that the scale doesn't rule all, as you look like you lost a heck lot more.

Was it really difficult? I've been eyeing p90x as the next step, but I've been a little scared. I'm no newbie to working out, I guess afraid that I couldn't finish it.

Kudos for taking your health in your own hands, very inspiring! Happy Mother's Day!
  • 1luckygal
    First - thanks!!! :)

And second - if I can do it, I promise you can do it too!!!! :)
    WOW! First off, congrats on your amazing success! I like that reiterated the point that you only lost 3 lbs, but as you can see in the pics, you've toned up a lot! Great reminder that the scale doesn't rule all, as you look like you lost a heck lot more.

Was it really difficult? I've been eyeing p90x as the next step, but I've been a little scared. I'm no newbie to working out, I guess afraid that I couldn't finish it.

Kudos for taking your health in your own hands, very inspiring! Happy Mother's Day!
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    expand on your results. how many pushups can you do? pullups? can you do the squat thing from yoga? awesome work. maybe I will post my pics too once I finish.
  • 1luckygal
    I started out not being able to do a single real pushup - my last workout i did over 160! Pull ups - still hate them! I use a chair but have gone from needing both feet on the chair to only 1. Yoga - many of the poses are easier but still struggle with my balance on many! :)
    expand on your results. how many pushups can you do? pullups? can you do the squat thing from yoga? awesome work. maybe I will post my pics too once I finish.
  • autopilot_on
    autopilot_on Posts: 388
    You are awesome! Round 2 is going to be great!
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Great job. I can see where you toned up a lot. I can see great changes even though you say you did not eat the healthiest during the 90 days. Today is day 70 of P90X for me. I have been strict with myself on eating healthier. This makes a world of difference. Eating healthy is more critical then the exercise. I would 70 to 80% is your diet and 20 to 30% is the exercise.

Eating healthy makes a huge difference. I am glad to see that you made improvements in your eating each phase.

If you do another round I bet your results will even be more outstanding. Great job on completing.
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Great job on completing it!!! Bet you feel proud :)

I can see a big difference in the pics!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    congratulations on your transformation and progress...very inspirational. :smile:

8488541.png
  • 1luckygal
    Thanks! I know diet is critical - I tossed around so many different things trying to find what amount of calories works best for me but months 2 and 3 of eating were cleaner than I've eaten in years :) Next round though I think I've got it figured out so i'm excited to see the next set of 90 day pics! :)

Congrats on almost finishing your round of P90X !!! Maybe i'll catch up with you on round 2! :)
    Great job. I can see where you toned up a lot. I can see great changes even though you say you did not eat the healthiest during the 90 days. Today is day 70 of P90X for me. I have been strict with myself on eating healthier. This makes a world of difference. Eating healthy is more critical then the exercise. I would 70 to 80% is your diet and 20 to 30% is the exercise.

Eating healthy makes a huge difference. I am glad to see that you made improvements in your eating each phase.

If you do another round I bet your results will even be more outstanding. Great job on completing.
  • 1luckygal
    Thanks! Not sure what you've done - but your transformation pic in your profile pic is amazing! Great job to you too!
    congratulations on your transformation and progress...very inspirational. :smile:

8488541.png
  • 1luckygal
    Thanks! I really do! I didn't think that I could ever do P90X - especially as my first real workout after having a baby!
    Great job on completing it!!! Bet you feel proud :)

I can see a big difference in the pics!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!