NSV - C25K Training is complete!!!

Options
Today I did my last run on my C25K program! In total I have run 67.46 miles in the past 9 weeks and have realized that I actually love running. I would have laughed in your face if you had told me that 9 weeks ago when I was huffing through 60 second intervals. I feel great about myself and even though according to my BMI I am still obese I think that I am looking pretty damn good! I'll post pictures later on.

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!! I'm starting week 4 and that 9th week seems very far away!
  • butreally12
    butreally12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm in the 9th week of the program, and I have no idea why, but I am having soooo much trouble! Last week I ran 28 minutes with no problem, but now I'm getting tired after like 15. Whaaaat?!

Anyways haha, CONGRATS!!! That's such a great feeling!! :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm in the 9th week of the program, and I have no idea why, but I am having soooo much trouble! Last week I ran 28 minutes with no problem, but now I'm getting tired after like 15. Whaaaat?!

Like weight loss, fitness isn't a linear progression. At times you will face ups and downs so just go with the flow of your body. If you need to back down to week 8 or rest, there is no shame in that. What you don't want to do is cause injury to yourself. Stay positive!! You can do it!!
  • chavaaguirre
    chavaaguirre Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just finished my C25K program on tuesday! I ran again on friday 27:58 and im officially running my first 5k in SLC next saturday!!
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Congratulations on a wonderful milestone!!! I'm in week 2 day 2
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job! I just finished my C25K program on tuesday! I ran again on friday 27:58 and im officially running my first 5k in SLC next saturday!!

Great job! Good luck on Saturday! I do mine on June 1st.
  • JaimeCST
    Options
    Proud of you!! I'm starting week 4 and that 9th week seems very far away!

Thanks! It seemed impossible at the beginning to me too but now I look forward to my runs. You will get there! Good luck.
  • pattibarszcz
    Options
    That is great!!!! I'm on week 2 and I can't wait to get to where you are!! You've inspired me to keep going!
  • JaimeCST
    Options

I got that at week 8. One day 28 minutes was fine and the next it seemed impossible. I just slowed down my pace and kept at it and was fine. Great job!!
  • JaimeCST
    Options
    Congratulations on a wonderful milestone!!! I'm in week 2 day 2

Thanks! Good job! You will be done in no time too!
  • JaimeCST
    Options
    Well done!

Thanks!
  • JaimeCST
    Options
    That is great!!!! I'm on week 2 and I can't wait to get to where you are!! You've inspired me to keep going!

Thank you so much!! You can do it! I still love hearing the lady tell me when I am halfway done but now I'm usually not ready to be done when she says stop. You will do great!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm on week 7 and am amazed at how easily I can run for 25 minutes...You couldn't have convinced me 7 weeks ago I'd even be running for 5! Good work!
  • 4bigeasy
    4bigeasy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started week 2 this morning and can't wait until it's enjoyable. ;-)
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! :heart: C25K is a great program for beginners, it has worked well for me every time I have come back to running...Fortunately I don't think that I will need it again because I am not going to stop running anymore:drinker: !
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm in my second week of C25K and want to run every day - but I'm holding myself back because every time I try to begin a new running program I injure myself and quit. I can't wait to be where you are so that I can just run and run and run and run.........
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait till I'm there!
    Fortunately I don't think that I will need it again because I am not going to stop running anymore:drinker: !
    That's my goal once I finish it. :smile: I'm actually doing the c210k app, but the first 8 weeks are the c25k program. I just hope to progress to the 10k one after I finish, then further! :happy:
  • umbrarkk
    umbrarkk Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you!!! and also great to hear that it actually is possible. I am on week 3 day 2 and Week 9 seems far but not impossible now.

Thanks for the update!!1
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait till I graduate. I'm on week 3 and for the most part loving it. I can identify with huffing and puffing at doing 60 seconds. It seemed to go on forever.....lol!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!