5 things you should never eat/drink? your opinion

Options
I always see the ads where it's like "five things you should never eat" and it has a huge banana on the side...
So I'm curious what are the five things you feel you should never eat/drink with trying to be healthy/lose weight?

Replies

• kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    soda, kool aid, alcoholic beverages... pretty much any drink with calories in it that ISN'T a meal replacer (like a breakfast smoothie or a protein shake)
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1.Pop/soda, diet or regular.
    It is just full of sugar and chemicals. It is not food.

2. Drinks like kool-aid, sunny -d, gatorade etc- just sugar and chemicals. It is like unfizzy pop.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I would say anything that contains Aspartame includes diet drinks,anything containing colourings and transfats!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    'Never' is too strong a term.

Outside of lethal chemicals there is pretty much nothing you have to completely eliminate for the rest of your life to be healthy.

Inb4 "but aspartime is lethal!" etc
  • kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    other than that, i avoid maple syrup (i make these protein packed cottage cheese pancakes and i use sugar free syrup. i haven't used real syrup in about 10 years).

everything else, i say in moderation is fine. hell, i have a pan of homemade tiramisu in my fridge and each piece is 385 calories. i also have boat loads of ice cream in my freezer. as long as i plan ahead for it and don't over indulge, i'm good.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Road kill (unless it's very fresh), arsenic, shipping peanuts (they don't taste anything like Planter's!), yellow snow, and Brussels sprouts.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Arsenic
    Cyanide
    Draino
    Windex
    Other people
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    No "nevers" for me. I'm going to make changes that I can commit to for a lifetime. If it's something I crave tha's not good for me, then it needs to become a once in awhile thing ......... not an everyday thing ...... not a "never" thing.
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    I don't drink soda, or Kool aid or any of that kind of stuff...mostly i stick to water, and of course i have to have my coffee. For me...alcohol is a killer...not due to the calories so much, if i know that i will be having a drink i make sure that i have enough calories in my day for it and i only allow myself 2 beers, michelob ultra. for me it is because i always want to eat after drinking. so i really do have to avoid it as much as possible.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My mother in laws cooking.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    1. anything that's advertised on TV
    2. anything deep fried
    3. any fizzy drink, diet, zero, or not

all else is ok, in moderation :-)
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    trans fat

that is all
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Anything still moving.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I eat anything and everything, if I want it.

I don't usually drink my calories though. Water is enough for me.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know all things are permissible and it requires discipline but I tend to steer clear of anything Alfredo, Crisco made products, and deep fried. I just can't go there. I also try to avoid sugar loaded things (I am not against having it, but I know it's bad for me),
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    'Never' is too strong a term.

Outside of lethal chemicals there is pretty much nothing you have to completely eliminate for the rest of your life to be healthy.

Inb4 "but aspartime is lethal!" etc

too late.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    soda, anything with high fructose corn syrup
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Bad cheesecake.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I don't restrict anything.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Arsenic
    Cyanide
    Draino
    Windex
    Other people

I would agree with this though I can think of a few exceptions to "never" . . .