jealous of skinny minis!

Options
13»

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I used to be one of them. It caught up to me and now I'm here.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Concentrate on being strong and healthy. It may be that your friends are not smaller than you and that's just how you see it, or maybe they just move more than you, generally. My husband eats more than I do, but he has a lot of nervous energy and is always moving. As someone said, your friends may be skipping meals. This site is about being healthy, not being skinny -you can be very slim and amazingly strong. Also, I know we are all here in part to look better as well as be healthy, but appearances are not everything and to be overly concerned with what you look like is not healthy or attractive. Not many people want to date someone who is more concerned about not eating a chip or some popcorn than living life and having fun.
    :flowerforyou: Be happy with yourself:flowerforyou:
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was always very tiny when I was younger, but it looked to me like everyone was smaller and thinner. I just didn't see myself as being as small as I was because I was looking at myself from inside my body and not from the outside. The first time I saw myself on video I was very surprised to see how small I was.

Yeah, it's impossible to see yourself as others see you. I didn't realize that I had gotten so fat until I saw pictures of myself. In the mirror, I didn't see it. Now I'm close to underweight and really don't see myself as looking all that much smaller as I did when I was 30 pounds heavier, but people keep commenting on how thin I am now. The mind plays tricks on you.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Of course there's jealousy...you're on a post specifically about it. Even with the comments prodding OP about her weight and height, and how she's already thin.

The "hate" on this thread, on the other hand, must have completely bypassed me. People must have a very broad definition of hate.

I hate you because you're skinny and beautiful.

I don't even know what you all are talking about. I think you are making a bigger issue out something that is not an issue at all.

What issue would that be? These comments never fail to not make sense to me...

I just meant about the "hate" and "jealousy". I'm not seeing that in this thread. I think it is a matter of interpretation on the part of the person seeing that.