i cant do this anymore

Options
13»

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    i dont know but i really give up. everyday im over in sodium, protein and sugar even though im eating better than i ever have. id really like to hear what you all think before i throw in the towel. just feel like going in a hole and crying myself to sleep. so defeated:-(

You are just starting off. Focus on keeping your calorie goal. Don't worry about going over/under on your macros (carbs,protein, fat, etc.). Just for now, try to stay at or within 100 points of your calorie goal.

If you are using MFP's calculation of 1,200 calories, BE SURE to eat any calories over the 1,200 mark that you earned from exercise. For instance, if you burn 160 calories on a walk, you should eat 1,360 calories per day (1,200 + 160 = 1,360). DO NOT subtract the calories earned from exercise (1,200 calories - 160 calories from exercise = 1,040), as that will be too low for you.

This is what is working for ME. I have a significant amount to lose. Once I lose 15 lbs, I will be "upping my calories" to 1,600 and eating back those earned from exercise. Weight loss is slower when you up your calories, but it is more likely to stay off for the long run.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    You just have to play around with your calories to know what works for you. I was on a thread yesterday and people were flipping out about 1200 calories but the girl was like 5'6". I'm barely 5'2" and been doing 1200 calories M-F and about 1500 on weekends. it's worked wonders for me. I'm not tired, not hungry, feel healthy. BUT my first 6 months all I lost were inches. Dropped 2 jean sizes but no weight. I remember the frustration you are feeling. I promise it gets better and it's well worth it. Stopping now will only hurt you in the long run, saying you'll end up trying to loose more weight when/if you try again. Keep it up! Here if you need more help!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    seems i cant do anything right. 1200 calories a day is what ive been doing but now i hear thats way too low for me. how am i supposed to know whats too low and whats not?

I failed to mention that you should read these links for new people, as they are full of useful information (in my opinion):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Dee
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1st of all, don't give up, it will be worth it! I think I've been on every diet and I've lost weight, but then I gained it back. This time, I want to learn how to keep it off...It's slower because I'm on a 1600 calorie plan...I don't want to be on a diet, because then I would go back to my old eating habits...I want to change my lifestyle, more exercise and eating normally. You can do it, just don't give up!!
  • dynasty80610
    dynasty80610 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Take it one step at a time. Set smaller goals and try to figure out how your mind works. I think the mind is the most powerful thing in this process. I started by making a mindset of "as long as I do better than I did yesterday." I apply it to how I work out and how I eat. Don't look at the whole race you are trying to win, realize that the improvement that you make(big or small) is a step forward in the direction of your goal.

Its easy to get discourage it your are looking at only the big picture. The ultimate goal in this process is that you want a better you. I used the "eat this, not that" books to help clean up my eating at first, since I didnt want to diet, just make healthier substitutions.

Good luck, stay focused and positive. All thing are possible.

j
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There is so much information out there. It can be overwhelming. What worked for me was making one small change and letting that become a habit. Then make the next change. I've lost over 140 lbs in two years.

Making the changes slowly allowed me to build a foundation for a lifestyle. This isn't a diet anymore.
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it. The path isn't always going to be easy, but it will be worth it. Barely one week is not enough time to judge, please give it more time because YOU ARE WORTH IT! Slow and steady will get you there. Try not to pay as much attention to the numbers on the scale, but how you feel. If you are filling your body with junk, you'll feel like junk. Look into healthier options, go for the apple or banana instead of the chips or ice cream. Yes you can have your treats now and then, but keep them to a minimum. Give it a few weeks. I'd suggest, taking your weight and BODY MEASUREMENTS to track your progress. You may be only loosing a few pounds, but the inches could be melting off!

Good Luck and if you want to add me as a friend I'd LOVE to help motivate and support you on your journey.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    im so frustrated with this whole weight loss thing.

If you're only 15 pounds off from your target weight (I know it doesn't feel like only), it's going to take longer than someone who's 50 or 100 pounds away. Stick to it, visit the TDEE sites everyone else has recommended, and keep logging your progress in your diary.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Slow down! You cant do everything all at once.
    Yes you can, it just takes research and really wanting to do it right.

For example, everyone knows 1200 kcals is hogwash. Anyone who does the least bit of reading learns that as well.