13»

Replies

• TMartinFranklin
    Options
    Syntha-6 Chocolate Shake....yummy
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have tried a large variety of protein powders and Optimum Nutrition is by far the best (in my opinion).

I think it dissolves nicely in whatever liquid you are using, and in smoothies. Also, there are soo many different flavors to choose from! I am currently almost done with my 3lb container of Chocolate Peanutbutter. its soo good! I usually mix 1 scoop with 1 c almond milk and 1/2 a banana and a couple handfuls of ice, tastes like a chocolate banana shake!
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    I use SixStar which can be bought @ Walmart the cheapest. The cals are 160/170 and for a dollar
    more they carry one that is 130 cals per svg .. they taste good enough, the protein is 30g per any
    of the options I listed. I find it helps my macros and energy/muscle recovery. The lower cal one
    isn't as good IMHO but if your goal is to go lower, it's a good option. :)

I forgot to mention, it is whey based but if you prefer soy, I believe they have it that way as well.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    TruNutrition Sciences Trutein. It has a variety of solid flavors, doesn't mask their ingredients in proprietary blends, and has a really nice texture. I like their no bull**** approach to their supplements, and since the first sip I've been hooked. Generally speaking, I don't like to shop at GNC because it's too pricey. Online shopping is for me.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tru-nutrition/trutein.html
    I take trutein but it is too good to be true imo. Something Is off and I think if may be the fat. I dont care too much though
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I use SixStar which can be bought @ Walmart the cheapest. The cals are 160/170 and for a dollar
    more they carry one that is 130 cals per svg .. they taste good enough, the protein is 30g per any
    of the options I listed. I find it helps my macros and energy/muscle recovery. The lower cal one
    isn't as good IMHO but if your goal is to go lower, it's a good option. :)

I forgot to mention, it is whey based but if you prefer soy, I believe they have it that way as
    well.

There was an analysis on that product. Had a lot less protein than stated. Go look up reddit protein analysis.

I think consumer reports talked about the heavy metals in there too
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    TruNutrition Sciences Trutein. It has a variety of solid flavors, doesn't mask their ingredients in proprietary blends, and has a really nice texture. I like their no bull**** approach to their supplements, and since the first sip I've been hooked. Generally speaking, I don't like to shop at GNC because it's too pricey. Online shopping is for me.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tru-nutrition/trutein.html
    I take trutein but it is too good to be true imo. Something Is off and I think if may be the fat. I dont care too much though

1 gram more or so won't make any difference to me! haha, life long bulk