Water only diet vs Protein shake diet

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    and im sorry but i dont really wanna be rude) idiots are posting in these forums.

You did a pretty good job of it from the outset.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ARGH seriously the majority of the posts here are so annoying!!! stop arguing over terminoligy for god sakes... stop nit picking at dumb points that arent relevant to what I am asking.

I will talk in baby language to make it more simple..

Does drinking protein shakes during a fast slow down muscle loss?

Yes

Happy now?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    ARGH seriously the majority of the posts here are so annoying!!! stop arguing over terminoligy for god sakes... stop nit picking at dumb points that arent relevant to what I am asking.

DYEL
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Google PSMF. You are welcome. Don't come on here with a condescending attitude and then attack people who call you on it.

^ this.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Well the problem is that the terminology you use displays to us your lack of knowledge on the topic. This thread is full of people who are far, far, far, far more educated, knowledgeable, and successful than yourself. Instead of dismissing their vastly superior knowledge and experience as "annoying" and condescending to them about "baby language" you could actually listen to them.

That way you might, you know, actually learn something. Isn't that why you're asking questions?
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options

:noway:

DUDE....You could have avoided all this nonsense if THAT were your starting inquiry!!! Ugh....
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the protein shakes, but I would take some BCAA's.

Also going on a water fast for a couple of days in pointless, and your body already detoxifies its self. You should do short term IF instead of long term if you want to try a new way of eating, but what you are doing is pointless.
  • bagge72
    Options

You make fun of other people's research on here, so if you are so smart why aren't you doing your own research to get the answers instead of relying on people who you don't believe, and think are idiots, because they don't buy into the crap you are trying to do.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    people who take their latest diet craze more seriously than most fundamentalists take their religion... they confuse me.
    No diet craze here. I eat what I like, when I like ;)
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    oh wow! the fact that you think im gettting "pissy" because someone doesnt agree with me about a water diet is soooo far from the truth its unreal!

I actually pointed out that what was annoying me was that people were nit picking the word "cannibalizing" and having a massive debate over it, and also having a debate over wether or not water fasting is "good" or "bad" or a "fad" diet.

I NEVER asked wHether or not I should go on a water diet and I NEVER asked for the correct term for muscle loss during a diet (even though anyone with common sense knows what I meant). MY QUESTION WAS WHETHER OR NOT CONSUMING PROTEIN SHAKES WOULD SLOW MUSCLE LOSS DURING A FAST!.

So for all you getting uptight about me getting uptight.. which is ironic.. first understand why im getting uptight... it is not because I didnt get the answer I wanted.. it is because people were making sharp remakes and answers to questions I didnt even ask!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    oh wow! the fact that you think im gettting "pissy" because someone doesnt agree with me about a water diet is soooo far from the truth its unreal!

I actually pointed out that what was annoying me was that people were nit picking the word "cannibalizing" and having a massive debate over it, and also having a debate over wether or not water fasting is "good" or "bad" or a "fad" diet.

I NEVER asked wHether or not I should go on a water diet and I NEVER asked for the correct term for muscle loss during a diet (even though anyone with common sense knows what I meant). MY QUESTION WAS WHETHER OR NOT CONSUMING PROTEIN SHAKES WOULD SLOW MUSCLE LOSS DURING A FAST!.

So for all you getting uptight about me getting uptight.. which is ironic.. first understand why im getting uptight... it is not because I didnt get the answer I wanted.. it is because people were making sharp remakes and answers to questions I didnt even ask!

You have to have appreciable muscle to lose for it to be an issue.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I NEVER asked wHether or not I should go on a water diet and I NEVER asked for the correct term for muscle loss during a diet

Perhaps you should have. If you don't even know what the word for muscle loss is, what makes you think you're knowledgeable or experienced enough to tell other people who are far more successful and experienced than yourself that they're idiots who require you to use "baby talk" to them?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Why on gods earth are you saying muscle cannibalisation is nonsense?? that is simply another term for your body consuming proteins from your muscle when you are on a low calorie diet or fast..

If you have honestly never heard that you loose muscle when dieting then you have no business posting in forums where a person is asking for advice.

Oh yeah you dont consume muscle when dieting.. thats why all the starving people in concentration camps had massive abs and ripped muscly bodies.. and were in fact strong and not weak in the slightest...

God it can be so infuriating trying to get honest advice when so many miss informed (and im sorry but i dont really wanna be rude) idiots are posting in these forums.. especially when someone says that your body consuming muscle is a scam or a fad LOL.

There has been some great help from some people so thanks!

what the hell...? People in concentration camps were ripped? Did you get that out of Mien Kampf or something? All the concentration pics I have ever seen are people with ribs showing and looking sickly as hell.

Here is an idea....build a concentration camp in your backyard and subject yourself to that for two months and see how "ripped" you look ...

THis thread is now officially idiocracy times 20...
  • bagge72
    Options

Right, not pissy at all. But what kind of question is "should I drink protein shakes during my WATER fast?". Why would it be called a water fast if it included protein shakes? kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it, or at least turns it into something else completely. That's like asking should I eat steak during my water fast, or should I eat chicken during my juice fast. If this is something you are so passionate about, and read so much great information about it why would you change the greatness of it?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Considering whether to post the hilarious PMs I've gotten regarding this thread.
  • bagge72
    Options
    Why on gods earth are you saying muscle cannibalisation is nonsense?? that is simply another term for your body consuming proteins from your muscle when you are on a low calorie diet or fast..

If you have honestly never heard that you loose muscle when dieting then you have no business posting in forums where a person is asking for advice.

Oh yeah you dont consume muscle when dieting.. thats why all the starving people in concentration camps had massive abs and ripped muscly bodies.. and were in fact strong and not weak in the slightest...

God it can be so infuriating trying to get honest advice when so many miss informed (and im sorry but i dont really wanna be rude) idiots are posting in these forums.. especially when someone says that your body consuming muscle is a scam or a fad LOL.

There has been some great help from some people so thanks!

what the hell...? People in concentration camps were ripped? Did you get that out of Mien Kampf or something? All the concentration pics I have ever seen are people with ribs showing and looking sickly as hell.

Here is an idea....build a concentration camp in your backyard and subject yourself to that for two months and see how "ripped" you look ...

THis thread is now officially idiocracy times 20...

You are both saying the same thing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.