Weight loss Tattoo ideas?

Options
Hey everyone! I like tattoos! I already have six... they all represent something about me. So after I reach my goal with weight loss I would like to get one to represent my accomplishment. I have some ideas such as:
- Butterfly : Shaping myself into something beautiful
- Scale with my beginning weight
- My beginning weight in roman numerals
- a quote of some kind

Do any of these sound good to anyone else? Can anyone think of any other ideas? I would love to hear them! Thanks everyone!

35508527.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I completed my goal of a half marathon a couple of years ago I had my most motivational quote tattooed. All your ideas sound good. Just pick what had most meaning to you. The best tattoo is something that ppl talk and ask questions about.
  • Sid1988
    Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos too... i currently have five but have my next one booked in next week as a treat to myself for losing weight and being down to my last 10lbs to go, i'm not getting anything that links in with weight loss but i am getting a huge floral design down my thigh because i can now wear short shorts to show it off and not feel self conscious :) it's a great feeling!
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    How about a curvaceous woman standing with a pile of bricks on the ground, as if she had risen from the rubble of her fat life.....
    or behind her a fat body crumbling down, or a ticker with your starting and ending weight,.......or a shapely woman holding a sword with her goal weight etched on it, stabbing a banner with her starting weight. But then you may not want actual weights displayed. How about a woman hugging her new friend-a scale. How about fireworks exploding around a star with your goal weight.
    Or how about the MFP logo with the word success. Gosh, I've got to flip the off switch. :bigsmile: Good for you - you've worked hard and have succeeded!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    "Fear God Alone" on my rib cage, back, or ankle? Havn't decided yet.
  • LuckySe7en
    LuckySe7en Posts: 49
    Options
    I've thought about this too, and for me, once i make my final goal, I am going to get my start date in roman numerals. The day i decided to change my life is one of the most important things to me.
  • carramel0705
    carramel0705 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    when i reach goal i am getting a dragonfly to symbolize the change

Symbolic Meanings of the Dragonfly

As a creature of the wind, the dragonlfy totem represents change. It's iridescent wings are incredibly sensitive to the slightest breeze, and so we are reminded to heed where the proverbial wind blows - lest we run into stormy weather.

so this would be my change from 235lb to 135 -140 ish , and to remind me not to fall back into the old habits
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the butterfly more than numbers or a scale. I got one after I completed my first marathon - it has a quote and Celtic turtles and other Celtic symbols - each piece of mine represents something.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I am very much into butterflys due to family reasons and the monarch has much meaning for us. If you want something in that area how about the monarch chrysalis(the gorgeous green cocoon with gold dots) with the monarch emerging. Or any version of that with the butterfly of your choice.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My brother passed away due to complications during gastric bypass When I lose my first hundred I am having angel wings with his initials tattoed
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    How about a curvaceous woman standing with a pile of bricks on the ground, as if she had risen from the rubble of her fat life.....
    or behind her a fat body crumbling down, or a ticker with your starting and ending weight,.......or a shapely woman holding a sword with her goal weight etched on it, stabbing a banner with her starting weight. But then you may not want actual weights displayed. How about a woman hugging her new friend-a scale. How about fireworks exploding around a star with your goal weight.
    Or how about the MFP logo with the word success. Gosh, I've got to flip the off switch. :bigsmile: Good for you - you've worked hard and have succeeded!

All great ideas. I think maybe Mary needs a tattoo!!
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i'm thinking about a phoenix? i have a long way to go before this reward, though :wink:
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this and please treat this as just one person's personal opinion ... but my weight + tattoos has really inhibited me from wearing nice clothes and feeling classy. I started getting my tattoos removed a little while ago but had to stop due to lack of funds. I then put on so much weight that (believe it or not) tattoo removal would have cost more because of the additional inches I'd gained.

Now I'm losing, I'm starting to get them removed again. Please, please, please don't get a tattoo. Treat yourself to an experience that you'll never forget, your dream dress/shoes/bag, some jewellery, a make-over & some photos ... just don't mark yourself for life

(fyi, my tattoos can all be covered up - at the top of my arm, ankle, belly, hip - but as a 34 yr old woman in a corporate environment, there's no way I could wear a sleeveless shirt in the heat of summer or shorter-than-ankle-length skirt)

I know there's going to be some people who retaliate to this post and this is just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I think people who go all-out and it's their style look amazing. But if you're not that 'stylee', please don't. You're so very beautiful how you are.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this and please treat this as just one person's personal opinion ... but my weight + tattoos has really inhibited me from wearing nice clothes and feeling classy. I started getting my tattoos removed a little while ago but had to stop due to lack of funds. I then put on so much weight that (believe it or not) tattoo removal would have cost more because of the additional inches I'd gained.

Now I'm losing, I'm starting to get them removed again. Please, please, please don't get a tattoo. Treat yourself to an experience that you'll never forget, your dream dress/shoes/bag, some jewellery, a make-over & some photos ... just don't mark yourself for life

(fyi, my tattoos can all be covered up - at the top of my arm, ankle, belly, hip - but as a 34 yr old woman in a corporate environment, there's no way I could wear a sleeveless shirt in the heat of summer or shorter-than-ankle-length skirt)

I know there's going to be some people who retaliate to this post and this is just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I think people who go all-out and it's their style look amazing. But if you're not that 'stylee', please don't. You're so very beautiful how you are.

I agree with keeping it somewhere that can't easily be seen. I think about future work environments, my wedding day, etc.
    I have a prayer that is symbolic written in Gaelic on my ribcage. Nobody is seeing that unless I let them :laugh:
  • LuckySe7en
    LuckySe7en Posts: 49
    Options

Well, in my opinion, if you want the tattoos, get them. Just because some people are insecure about their ink, doesn't mean everyone should be. I work in a business environment, and I cover my tattoos when I need to. It can be done. You can be classy, and beautiful, and still covered in tattoos. If you regret your tattoos and "marking yourself for life" then you didn't wait long enough to really think through such a permanent decision.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    A cupcake tramp stamp
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this and please treat this as just one person's personal opinion...

Yup, just one opinion.

To the OP, I love the roman numeral idea! I definitely plan on a few tattoos when I shrink. Go for it, it's a big deal and deserves to be remembered since it's a huge accomplishment.
  • M7ingram
    M7ingram Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a huge tattoo freak (over 15) lol
    I just got my goal tattoo, it was a quote by Shakespeare "and though she be but small, she is fierce" I got it on my bicep so I see it a lot. I think I really represents how far I've come and made myself into to something fierce now. I would def find a quote that "speaks" to you, since it's your personal story so to speak :) good luck and great job!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Just because you have had a bad experience with tattoos doesn't mean the rest of us have or will have. I have a couple and they are all in places that are covered up and even if they do show a little at work I'm not self conscience or embarrassed about it because they are extremely tasteful. Just because you are embarrassed doesn't mean the OP is. Not everyone that gets tattoos does it on a whim and then later regrets it. If the OP knows herself and her lifestyle there is no reason she shouldn't get a tattoo if that's what she wants.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My brother passed away due to complications during gastric bypass When I lose my first hundred I am having angel wings with his initials tattoed

That is a nice way to honor him. I think losing 44 pounds is a great way too. Well done. :smile:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like the motivational quote idea, or maybe something like a bird flying out of a cupcake, or a bird riding a bicycle, or a gun that shoots some kind of food out of it I don't know.