MFP really works

Options
Found this site whilst looking for inspiration last September following refusal of replacement knee surgery. Consultant said...too heavy, go away and lose 8kg. Me at 22.5 stone thought how can I do that, I can't exercise, I can barely walk! I read some comments and they were encouraging so I set about the task.
I dropped my plate size from dinner plate to side plate and changed not only what I ate, but how I ate as well. The diary gave me 1600 calories a day, god knows what I was munching my way through before. It was hard at first keeping out of the fridge and the larder, but it really was worth the effort. When you are target driven it gives you that extra push.
Today I find myself 68 pound (31.5 kg) lighter, and still losing around 3 kilo a month.
After sitting in the background for so long, I just thought I would share my story for those that need a bit of encouragement...stick with it, it really does work.
Saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago, astounded him with the weight loss, now on physiotherapy to build up leg muscles prior to surgery in August ......thanks MFP !
Set yourself an attainable target, when you get there, reset the goal a bit further......it worked for me.

Replies

• peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! great job :)
    mfp does really work. most weight i've EVER lost on a diet (and i dieted a LOT for my whole life) was 10lbs. now i'm approaching the 20lb mark :)

keep up the great work!