Has anyone lost a lot of weight (100+) slowly?

Options
13»

Replies

• Howard_99503
    Options
    In April of 2009 I was 305 lbs. This morning I was 190.

It's been long with some sticking points. The biggest motivator for me was joining Planet Fitness in Sept of 2010. At that time I was down 42 lbs from my high. It's been steadish never to spectacular . There have been some major sticking points where I didn't change much at all in 3 months followed by me getting serious and making more gains. I can't remember when I joined MFP but it hasn't been that long. It seems like the last 4 or 5 months I've been loosing and gaining back the same 5 lbs. I just started eating low carb high fat (way high fat for me) in the last two weeks. Hoping the change gives me the impetus to loose these last 15 lbs that have been so hard to take off.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Me....I have lost 180 pounds and it has taken me a lil over 6.5 years so far (still have another 35-40 pounds to go)
  • june21112
    june21112 Posts: 36
    Options
    May 25th will be my 1 yr of logging food with MFP. I will weigh in on that day and I hope to be at 53 lbs lost...which is a pound a week....I'm ok with that. I think my body is adjusting with every pound. My biggest worry was saggy skin if I lost too quick so I opted for slow and steady. If I can continue to lose the pound a week for another year I will be happy. Enjoy your accomplishments and learn along the way. I'm sure that you have heard this before but you didn't gain it over night and you wont lose it over night either. Best of luck with your journey.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    that's about 3/4th of a lb per week! that's not terribly slow :smile: I lost about a lb per week, so a little faster, until I got to 80 lbs lost, since then it's been about 1-2 lbs lost per month. good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!