Not losing

Options
2»

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I was in a plateau for several weeks. My plateau changed when I began to drink more water. I bought a 32 oz sport bottle, fill it with filtered water and lemon slices, and know I have to drink 2 of those a day.

Also, I was drinking a Slim Fast shake for breakfast and when I dropped it and began to eat steel cut oats my weight began to drop again. It helps me to change my food and exercise around. Sometimes I eat back some of my exercise calories and sometimes I don't. Good luck.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm beyond frustrated. Not losing weight at All! I've been fluctuating between 189 and 193 for the last two months. I've been at this since January. I have my cals set to TDEE-20% because I have a fair amount to lose. I pay attention to macros but dont slways hit my protein. I wear a fit bit and log between 8000 and 10000+ steps a day, plus various fitness classes through the week. When I complete each day, it tells me what I'd weigh in 5 weeks...but I never lose!!!

How do you know what you are eating when you don't log anything?
    My first guess is that you are eating too much. If you set your goal at active or higher and are eating back your exercise calories you may be getting too much. If that is the case, you need to eat less.

You might not be getting enough. Sometimes adding 200 or so calories a day for about a week or so will help jumpstart my weight loss.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check your sodium and sugar levels . sodium retains water longer you system through absorption. and sugar converts to carbs..etc; If possible add a little more cardio exercise to your routine. (And try not to eat late at night , if you are doing that currently). Check your scale to see if it is accurate... and/or use another scale (borrow from a friend,family) for a comparison.:smile:
    Get that protein in... it's very important.:wink: