what do u put in ur oats?

Options
falilvx
falilvx Posts: 52 Member
i'm learning to eat oats. I don't really like oats but i need to (coz i'm so lazy to cook -.-'' ) today,i mixed my oats with apple and it taste..weird..what did u guys put in ur oats? if i don't mix it with anything it taste just plain old oats :(

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    yogurt, sugar and milk ( not all at the same time) and fruit
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    When I ate oats on a regular basis, I would make them with whole milk and add sugar and a teaspoon of butter. Sometimes I'd throw in cinnamon and nutmeg, or some raisins. Sometimes I'd throw in cranberries or dried cherries and almonds or hazelnuts or walnuts.
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Half a scoop of banana chocolate protein powder ;) I have yet to be convinced there is a better idea for both taste and weight management!
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like to make them with vanilla almond milk, sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon. I'm like you in that mornings, I do not want to cook :)
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon
    Stevia
    1/2 small banana
    100ml natural unsweetened yogurt

I cook it in water.

If I could afford the calories, I would add brown sugar and cream. Oh yeah.

x
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i take 1/2 cup cooked oat topped with 1/2 cottage and 1 cup mixed berries and 1 TBSP chia seeds
    or
    1/2 cup cooked oats 1 cup almond milk 10 chopped almonds sprinkle with cinnamon or chi spice
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i'm learning to eat oats. I don't really like oats but i need to (coz i'm so lazy to cook -.-'' ) today,i mixed my oats with apple and it taste..weird..what did u guys put in ur oats? if i don't mix it with anything it taste just plain old oats :(

Yogurt and fruit. Most of the time no sugar because the fruit has enough. One of my faves is cut up dates. try cooking about 4-5 dates with the oatmeal. Yum!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Banana truvia and chia seeds
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    This morning I had oats, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 a cup of craisins. I like pecans in my oatmeal too. Good luck finding something you like!
    ~Corina
  • LyraVega02
    LyraVega02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been adding dried blueberries close to the end of cooking so they soften and then some cream cheese right before I eat it. Otherwise, I just add some raisins and a lot of cinnamon. Pumpkin puree with brown sugar and pie spices is also yummy.
  • L4Dreams
    L4Dreams Posts: 1
    Options
    I add dried cranberries and chopped walnuts. I sometimes also add 1 tsp brown sugar.
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Half a scoop of banana chocolate protein powder ;) I have yet to be convinced there is a better idea for both taste and weight management!

That's why they call it pr-oatmeal
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    Peanut butter, a little brown sugar, and cinnamon and or nutmeg/vanilla
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Old School here nothing but Brown Sugar..... :drinker:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be milk and sugar for me.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    salt, cinnamon, and whey protein.
  • Ophelia111
    Ophelia111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I put protein powder in my smoothies but I never thought about adding it to oats. Thanks for a great idea! :)
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    toast it up with honey and make some granola!
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    1. vanilla, raisins,dried cherries, walnuts and cinnamon....yummm:)

2. Also mashed up bananas if you need extra carbs

3. one scoop of protein powder

4. Chocolate protein powder and a scoop of peanut butter (like no bake cookies)...if you want a lower calorie option you can add some PB2 instead of peanut butter

5. apples and cinnamon with vanilla

Good luck, I love oatmeal!! I don't add sugar to it because everything I add sweetens it rather nicely.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    vanilla whey protein
    peanut butter
    honey
    maple syrup
    chopped banana
    chopped strawberries
    nutella
    brown sugar
    chopped nuts