This sounds really dumb as I type it out

Options
llaurenmarie
llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
But...

Is milk chocolate considered dairy?
What I mean is, does it have enough milk in it to affect my sinuses?
( I get stuffy and all that grossness when I have milk/dairy products)

Replies

• ParisKennedy
    ParisKennedy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. It has enough milk (mostly milk) and milk causes mucus. Avoiding dairy will help this. You can substitute it with coconut milk or almond milk.

I am really not sure if you are talking about chocolate milk or milk chocolate candy?
  • libbybond
    libbybond Posts: 36
    Options
    Dumb blonde joke?
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Like a milk chocolate dove bar? Depends what you are allergic to, I guess. My husband was allergic to casein (milk protein) and he couldn't have even tiny amounts. Other people who are just sensitive could prob hack the dairy in milk chocolate no problem.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's milk with chocolate so yeah if you can't drink milk don't drink the stuff.
  • kavanaghev
    Options
    Are you talking about chocolate milk or milk chocolate candy?
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Are you talking about chocolate milk or milk chocolate candy?
    Chocolate candy.

Haha wow I do feel dumb now.
    I don't drink chocolate milk though.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    absolutely.
    so is anything with whey or casien.
  • kavanaghev
    Options
    Okay that's what I thought. I don't think it's a dumb question, it's just probably not one any of us can answer because we don't know what in dairy you're reacting to.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    absolutely.
    Well thank you.
    Upsetting, but thank you.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Okay that's what I thought. I don't think it's a dumb question, it's just probably not one any of us can answer because we don't know what in dairy you're reacting to.
    Yeah I just know that once I stopped drinking milk, eating ice cream or yogurt, I don't wake up stuffy anymore.

Also recently I've been having a few chocolate chips at night and I've been stuffy again.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna admit, I thought you were either out of it or just kinda dumb because I thought you meant chocolate milk. I think I would consider it dairy, and if you're not sure, I'd stay away anyway, just in case (sad as it is! :sad:)
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    read the ingredient list. If it contains milk products or lactose, I'd stay away. Sounds like you're pretty sensitive to something in dairy.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I'm not that dumb guys haha but thanks for being nice about it
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Depends on what it is in the dairy that affects you.

For me it's the type of protein, I can eat greek yogurt and certain brands of milk and am perfectly fine while others can make my lips/cheeks swell, extreme indigestion and/or severe stomach cramps, etc.

Alternative if you are not sure what it is that affects you is to take a nibble, wait 24 hours if you have NO reaction then you can eat it. That has been my standby for a long time now when it comes to dairy.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just try a darker chocolate and see how you get on.
    I am sensitive to milk, but fine with certain other dairy products.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yes its milk. milk is dairy
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    any milk is dairy
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Depends on what it is in the dairy that affects you.

For me it's the type of protein, I can eat greek yogurt and certain brands of milk and am perfectly fine while others can make my lips/cheeks swell, extreme indigestion and/or severe stomach cramps, etc.

Alternative if you are not sure what it is that affects you is to take a nibble, wait 24 hours if you have NO reaction then you can eat it. That has been my standby for a long time now when it comes to dairy.
    That's interesting about certain proteins. I will try the nibble trick with dark chocolate because I'm pretty positive about the milk chocolate.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    absolutely.
    Well thank you.

no problem... everyone has those moments. a friend of mine once argued with me -- insisted peanut butter had dairy because it was made with peanuts and butter. made funnier because at the time i was getting my peanut butter direct from an in-store peanut grinder. go figure.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    absolutely.
    Well thank you.

no problem... everyone has those moments. a friend of mine once argued with me -- insisted peanut butter had dairy because it was made with peanuts and butter. made funnier because at the time i was getting my peanut butter direct from an in-store peanut grinder. go figure.
    Oh wow. Wow. Wow. lol