Words you wish you could eliminate

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ridonculous is a damn stupid word. So is chillaxin, cumquat, trophy wife, old man (in reference to your spouse), boobies, the list could go on
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    my/your journey, are you going somewhere?
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    EPIC!!!!!!!! I WISH THAT WORD WOULD DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!:devil:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    "Butthurt", a word I happily did not even know existed until I spent some time on the MFP message boards

The word "girl" to refer to adult females. I am not a child.

The "just break up" comment left multiple times on nearly every relationship-oriented thread, and each person who writes it thinks they are wildly original and creative and hilarious
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    "literally." bc NO ONE READS ANYMORE! let's just say "actually", plz...

Also because no one actually uses the word literally correct anymore.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    irregardless. Ugh.

TOTALLY agree.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    UNKEMPT

There is no freaking reason for an M in there! Her hair was well kept. Her hair was unkept. Who the heck put the M in there and why? If time travel is ever possible I am going back and have a serious talk with whoever did this.

Yes. Totally agree.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Gluten, organic, and Greek. The three most annoyingly over used grocery store buzzwords.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Me, I'd eliminate "nippy" in a heartbeat.

I like changing it to "nipply" personally. "It's a titty bit nipply out here."
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    UNKEMPT

There is no freaking reason for an M in there! Her hair was well kept. Her hair was unkept. Who the heck put the M in there and why? If time travel is ever possible I am going back and have a serious talk with whoever did this.

Yes. Totally agree.

Sorry but you're wrong.

Unkempt means having an untidy or disheveled appearance.

UnKEPT means a commitment or undertaking not fulfilled.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Gluten, organic, and Greek. The three most annoyingly over used grocery store buzzwords.

Gluten is a product that makes breads rise. It is also a product that's in a lot of foods. There's a disease called Celiacs which causes a person to have an intolerance to gluten so it's not over used.

Greek is just a certain process when yogurt is made. I believe it has to do with how many times it's strained

Organic - yeah, that one IS overused and meaningless
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised with the dislike of "boobies." Boobies is such a fun word! Boooooooobies. I mean say it, it even sounds good coming out of your mouth.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options

Gluten is a product that makes breads rise. It is also a product that's in a lot of foods. There's a disease called Celiacs which causes a person to have an intolerance to gluten so it's not over used.

Greek is just a certain process when yogurt is made. I believe it has to do with how many times it's strained

Organic - yeah, that one IS overused and meaningless

About 1 million people suffer from Celiacs. There are 313 million people in the US. Oddly though, I seem to frequently meet Celiac sufferers. Mostly affluent white women.

Fine, so there are 70 versions of Greek Yogurt littering the cold case. That doesn't make it overused. When it shows up in the cereal aisle though coating raisons I call BS.
  • heatheralvina
    heatheralvina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    not a word but "where do you get your protein" SHUTUP

You must not eat meat? That question bugs me to no end! No one cares about your protein intake until you stop eating meat
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    "super" happy, "super" fun...

Also, "gosh darnit."
  • heatheralvina
    Options
    Preggo
    Hubby
    Swag
    Shawty
    YOLO
    BOGO
  • heatheralvina
    Options
    Also, because I just saw both of these in the same thread:

Cray cray. Isn't it easier to type the word crazy?

Anything with -licious added that shouldn't be there. "Dramalicious." What.

Cray cray *shudders* Makes me want to slap someone