Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friends Posting recipes on FaceBook

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Erm, nope, it's their facebook, they can do what they like.

I have a friend who can't have children, this would be like her saying she gets annoyed at people posting pics of their kids.

If you don't like seeing their posts, hide them but they're entitled to post whatever they want on their facebook even if it upsets you on your diet.

How dare you be rational and make sense! :flowerforyou:
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    People seem to have facebook confused with pinterest. I pin a lot of "unhealthy" recipes along with "healthy" stuff (on two different boards). It's become a bit annoying to find it on facebook.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    I use the Unfriend button for those who annoy me. It works just like a great diet!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    LOL ~ my mom posts this stuff ALL THE TIME! Along with my aunts and cousins. I just laugh because when I went home this weekend she said to me "Steph, have you seen all these recepies? I've been baking so much. So much for the weight I lost!"

I told her I was still waiting for my pecan cheesecake pie she promised me for my birthday 2 weeks ago :laugh:

It's will power folks... I use it. If I want some, I fit it in with my calories for the day... or just eat it and work my butt off the rest of the week.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I ignore them. Just keep scrolling. You see a food picture just keep scrolling.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    No. There are way better things to worry about. Like which shoes go best with this skirt....
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    I have a friend who does it all the time. I just scroll past the posts and ignore them. It doesn't bother me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Oh. I see the recipes...and then I make them. I made a pretty B.A. four layer cake with strawberry jam and halved strawberry filling, iced with a cream cheese frosting with more jam swirled thoughout. Oh and cheesecake dipped strawberries, that I then took a step further and dipped in some melted dark chocolate. Yumyum.

Strawberry butter sounds great, gonna have to check that one out.

....I like strawberries.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    I'm guilty as charged. Really, what's the problem? Just looking at the pictures won't make you gain weight, and I like to do a LOT of baking, so I share my ideas on FB with others who like to see what I'm up to. And just because I bake fattening, unhealthy stuff doesn't mean I'm going to eat it. I often make things to give to others.

Also? If you don't like it, then block them! People can use FB however they want, even if (GASP!) it's not the way you use it!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    I love the receipes on Facebook! My husband posts them directly to my timeline :laugh: I've made a few of them so far, including a strawberry cream cheese cobbler (approx 300 cals per serving and worth every bite). But then, I'll eat whatever as long as it fits my calorie-requirements and I love having some new stuff to make.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    i know, they're dumb.

i see it all the time

amazing cheesecake strawberry pinwheels with chocolate sprinkles, the caption reads "must make"

a few posts later, "quick detox for summer body" recipe.
  • Achrya
    i know, they're dumb.

i see it all the time

amazing cheesecake strawberry pinwheels with chocolate sprinkles, the caption reads "must make"

a few posts later, "quick detox for summer body" recipe.

Remove the chocolate sprinkles (groce) and I'd be all over that.
  • Keaunad
    Keaunad Posts: 1
    It doesnt bother me, it's their facebook page. Just hide them from your newsfeed and that will solve your problem :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Most of the posts that kill me are the whiny "But Obama should ban X" posts. Have a frickin' backbone you rube.

I'd dig some recipes. As for this millionaire's spaghetti.... do tell, what's in it?

I have an excellent recipe for a similarly dubbed preparation for bacon.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    No sense wasting energy policing other people's diets. You wouldn't appreciate it if they did it to yours.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    WHATT?????? I cant just do the Dr Oz cleanse once a week and be ok :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad:

Yup I see this all the time! :noway:
  • atiyarose
    atiyarose Posts: 6 Member
    I definitely have a friend who posts recipes for crazy desserts.. all day long! Do you not have a job? seriously... a one inch square of these desserts would be enough calories, sugar, fat, carbs, sodium and cholesterol to last me two days. Yikes for your health if you're actually making them and eating them....
  • Achrya
    Did someone say they wanted recipes? Here's my favorite facebook gem so far

Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Cream Frosting Recipe (Be sure to "Share" to save this recipe to make later!)

Ingredients
    Frosting -
    2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature (I used low-fat)
    1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room te...See More⅓ cup seedless strawberry jam
    2¼ lbs strawberries, hulled, sliced (about 6 cups), divided

Instructions
    FROSTING: Put a small/medium bowl in the freezer to chill. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in sugar, then jam. Remove that chilled bowl from the freezer and beat cream in that chilled bowl until peaks form. Fold whipped cream into frosting. Cover; chill for a couple of hours until it’s firm enough to spread. (If you are in a hurry, you could put the frosting in the freezer to chill quickly.)
    CAKE: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans with 2-inch high sides. (I used 10″ cheesecake pans – aka springform pans – because they were the only round pans I had with high enough sides and they worked great!) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add sour cream, and beat for 30 seconds. Add flour mixture in three additions, beating to blend after each addition. Divide batter into prepared pans.
    Bake cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pans, then turn cakes out onto a rack to cool completely. I threw the two cake layers in the freezer for about an hour to make the cake assembly easier.
    Using a serrated knife, divide each layer in half horizontally. Place one half, cake side down, on a cake plate.
    Spread 3 TBSP of strawberry jam over the cake, then spread ¾ c of the frosting over the jam. Arrange ¾ c of the sliced strawberries on top of the frosting in a single layer. Repeat two more times with cake layer, jam, frosting, and strawberries.
    Top with remaining cake layer, cut side down. Spread two cups of frosting over the top and sides of the cake in a thin layer, then frost with remaining frosting. Stir remaining jam to loosen, then spoon teaspoonfuls onto the top and sides of the cake. Use the back of a spoon to swirl jam decoratively into the frosting. This recipe makes a very big 4-layer cake that will feed a lot of people. It says it has 12 servings but I definitely think it feeds even more!

And something I've been meaning to try

Pecan Maple Bars
    For Crust
    1 cup butter, softened
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    2 cups flour

For Filling
    2 large eggs
    ¾ cup corn syrup
    ¾ cup packed brown sugar
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups pecans

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the flour and beat until coarse crumbs form. If the mixture is too soft, add a little more flour. It should be crumbly but stick together when pressed.

Press the crust into a 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until top appears dry and slightly puffed

For the filling, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in the pecans and pour the mixture over the crust. The filling should not be more than just a light layer of sauce over the crust. Arrange any stray pecans and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven when the filling appears mostly set. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Cool completely and refrigerate overnight. Cut into 24 pieces and serve slightly chilled.
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    I enjoy seeing the sinful recipes. My family post them all the time, but none of us actually make them. Sometimes there comes across a real great find, though, or gives you ideas for a recipe you've been playing around with. I never tell myself I can't have something, though. I find that to be too much of a temptation for me to "rebel".

Instead, if, by chance, I were to see something truly horrible (aka: good) and decide to eat some, I make sure I do a bit extra in the exercise or cut something else out. I rarely ever want sweets, but when I do, it's not the end of the world.

Does that make sense?
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    No sense wasting energy policing other people's diets. You wouldn't appreciate it if they did it to yours.

she's just ranting. i doubt any energy was wasted other than the energy of observation and reflecting, which we are all doing anyways.