At A standstill? I have the Secret: LIFT HEAVY, GIRLS! (Pic)

Chrissysftns
Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
So, I have been on this weight loss/fitness journey for quite a few years. During this time, I have tried to lose weight, but really just ended up maintaining my weight. I was okay with that.

Last August, i started keeping track of my calories, and really making an effort to be really consistent with going to the gym 5 days a week.
My main focus was cardio..very little lifting.

In December I started taking pictures because the scale wasn't moving, but I could tell I was losing inches. This was very frustrating to me!!!!!
While all of my other MyFitnessPal friends were dropping weight like ..here I was maintaining and making very little progress.
I was working my butt off, and even incorporated lifting more in my routine.
Here are my results from December to March. I would say DEC-FEB I did cardio with a couple days lifting, but then Started lifting about 3-4 days a week in February til the end of March.

Here are my results. You can see that although I did lose a couple inches, My progress was minimal.

hl1_zpsca7e99fa.jpg

It was not until This past April that I FINALLY had this "Ah-ha" moment; all the pictures of the girls who were strong and defined weren't cardio chasers; they lifted weights..HEAVY weights. All the girls with the amazing bods I see at my gym aren't running for hours on the treadmill, they are at the weights with the boys.
Now, dont' get me wrong, we all have different goals and ideas of what body type is ideal. If you're not a muscular, defined woman and you don't want to be, that's fine! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but this is what what I am trying to accomplish :)

Anyways, I cut out the cardio chasing, and have moved over to the Weigts with the Boys. I am now lifting heavy, and I LOVE IT!!!!
I have had more results in the past month than I have the past seven months!
GIRLS
> PICK UP THE WEIGHTS AND LIFT HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I try to Max out or "fail" at 10 reps. I am loving what Heavy lifting is doing for me!

This is after 1 month of heavy lifting: (yes I have underwear on they are just skimpy! lol and please forgive the Cheetah bra I wasn't planning on posting these!)
And BTW, I am the SAME WEIGHT in ALL of these pics posted!!

hl2_zpsa227ecb7.jpg

And here are the side-by-side comparisons of Cardio focused- Medium weights VS. Heavy lifting and HIIT workouts

hl3_zps95e9e47e.jpg

Replies

• salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    WOW! You look amazing, you can see a huge difference and it's proof that the scale lies!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    That's my girl! Hit it hard!
  • Chrissysftns
    How do I make these pictures smaller? They're cut off :(
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member

I can see the whole pictures. Great progress!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    You look amazing! Time to bust out my weights now!
  • jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    nice! I'm going to try and add some heavy weight lifting to my workout - thanks for the inspiration!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    great progress and work. Good for you!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Woohoo!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member

try using tinypic.com to upload them. Before you do, choose the "message board" size option there.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    First, well done.

Second, my friends REALLY absolutely NEED to see these pictures.

Third, I have the secret, too. It's rude to say it's just yours. Jeez. :noway:
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    So what kind of program are you following? I am afraid to start lifting heavy because I am afraid of hurting myself not having the proper form, I am not afraid of getting bulky or anything.

Edit: Oh yeah and you look great!!!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Amazing! I'm continually inspired by all these lifting success stories! :love:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Awesome :)
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    What would you suggest if you were going to start heaving lifting? Right now I do like 50 minutes of Cardio but I was thinking of doing 30 minutes Cardo, 30 minutes heavy lifting now, but not sure what to start with.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    So rude. You assume everyone wants to be hot.

Very well done. :)
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    This is awesome! And exactly why I lift heavy. Thank you for sharing, and congrats! :drinker:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    This is awesome!! Thank you for sharing, such great progress!
  • Chrissysftns
    So what kind of program are you following? I am afraid to start lifting heavy because I am afraid of hurting myself not having the proper form, I am not afraid of getting bulky or anything.

Edit: Oh yeah and you look great!!!

Thanks! I'm not following any program- Just sticking to a lifting schedule that I randomly got from this Girl on Instagram...LOL.
    I had no idea where to start, I just knew I HAD TO!!

I totally agree- proper form is a must, and good for you to recognize that! If you can't afford to get with a personal trainer for some instruction, You TUbe really does have some good instructional videos.

GOod luck!
  • Chrissysftns
    [url
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Nice comma placement.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!